Official Game Thread - 11/17 - Penguins vs. Sabres - 8:08pm

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Jim on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:50 pm

NIN wrote:
Jim wrote:
NIN wrote:
Jim wrote:4 straight blown passes by Whitney on that 5 on 3... great job!

If you are referring to Malkin being "open" you are dead wrong.

No I am refering to Whitney passing 6 feet in front og Gonchar 3 times so that Gonchar had to stretch out with his backhand just to get to the puck, and one pass behind Malkin when he was open in the corner area.

Oh that, yeah well on my tv, the camera man has the shakes and he is zoomed in 100000 times the norm. So other than the color of Biron's eyes I don't know what to say.

You could just say the truth and admit that Whitney F'd the pooch big time on that 5 on 3... but as it's not possible for you to say ANYTHING negative about Whitney...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Donald Fagen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:50 pm

i think we have the DUMBEST team in hockey.....awful decisions over and over again...........can't continually say the coaching staff has to preach more discipline...........these lunkheads act as if they are playing for the first time and just learning how to play the game of hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID
Donald Fagen

Postby Gaucho on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:51 pm

Oh yeah, and when our top guys leave the ice on the PP, the Sabres PKers can relax, cause the rest is gonna be easy. According to those TSN jerks. Man... :roll:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby opie22002 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:53 pm

All in all, I'm happy we're within a goal. But that 5 on 3 was frustrating to watch. How can they seriously expect to score when they just pass the puck around the perimeter? And I was disgusted with Gonchar's laziness going back to get the puck with about 30 seconds left in that 5 on 3. You don't get those opportunities very often. Get on your horse!
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fast B on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Gaucho wrote:Oh yeah, and when our top guys leave the ice on the PP, the Sabres PKers can relax, cause the rest is gonna be easy. According to those TSN jerks. Man... :roll:

I hate to say it, but if this game were the first time I was watching the Pens, I might come to that conclusion too. :?
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:56 pm

Jim wrote:
NIN wrote:
Jim wrote:
NIN wrote:
Jim wrote:4 straight blown passes by Whitney on that 5 on 3... great job!

If you are referring to Malkin being "open" you are dead wrong.

No I am refering to Whitney passing 6 feet in front og Gonchar 3 times so that Gonchar had to stretch out with his backhand just to get to the puck, and one pass behind Malkin when he was open in the corner area.

Oh that, yeah well on my tv, the camera man has the shakes and he is zoomed in 100000 times the norm. So other than the color of Biron's eyes I don't know what to say.

You could just say the truth and admit that Whitney F'd the pooch big time on that 5 on 3... but as it's not possible for you to say ANYTHING negative about Whitney...

Sure I can. Ryan Whitney was ba...he was baaaa.... He did not play very goooooo...Dammit, you're right I can't say anything bad about Whitney.

Seriously though his passes were not crisp to Gonchar but regardless of that fact Gonchar did not have much of a shooting lane even on the 2-man adv. The Sabres had an easy time of it as the Penguins hoped beyond hope that they would forget about Malkin for that one split second.

The thing about that power play is that it was designed to get Malkin a shot from the high slot. Ouellet had that passing option and Whitney wanted to dish it too him too but the Sabres were ever mindful of those passing lanes to Malkin.

I think the Pens will switch up their next PP oppertunity and allow Sid to roam from low to the poinnt and maybe even send Whitney's big body through the crease just for some crazy misdirection. At least that's what I would do.
NIN

Postby dagny on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:56 pm

I didn't know we were on a 5 on 3 either. I was too busy wondering what happened to the movement I FINALLY started to see on the PP in the last game. Hopefully, they play a LOT better in the second. Gotta give Tbo credit for keeping it 1-0.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby yeltzen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:56 pm

Gaucho wrote:Oh yeah, and when our top guys leave the ice on the PP, the Sabres PKers can relax, cause the rest is gonna be easy. According to those TSN jerks. Man... :roll:

Our second power play unit is Moore-Thorburn-LeClair-Orpik-Scuderi. What did you expect them to say?
yeltzen

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:57 pm

Fast B wrote:

I hate to say it, but if this game were the first time I was watching the Pens, I might come to that conclusion too. :?

Can't say i disagree, This team is not good enough to pull Crosby off the PP
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Donald Fagen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:01 pm

sid zero shots............malkin zero shots......how the F does that happen
never see ovechkin or kovalchuk being held without shots on a consistent basis...WTF
Donald Fagen

Postby netwolf on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:04 pm

I'm sure Ovechkin and Kovalchuk have gone through periods without shots though.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:04 pm

LeClair ruined that forecheck.
NIN

Postby yeltzen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:05 pm

Donald Fagen wrote:sid zero shots............malkin zero shots......how the F does that happen
never see ovechkin or kovalchuk being held without shots on a consistent basis...WTF

All Ovechkin can do is shoot and score goals!!!!!!! He sucks at everything else!!!!!!!!
yeltzen

Postby yeltzen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:06 pm

Why do some of you people type
like this. Do you realize how annoy-
ing it is?
yeltzen

Postby NIN on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:07 pm

yeltzen wrote:Why do some of you people type
like this. Do you realize how annoy-
ing it is?

Blackberrys maybe. Gotta feed the monkey. :wink:
NIN

Postby The U on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Best shift of the season right there.

Maybe Staal gets some more playing time now..
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mattyj5571 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Malkin has been on the ice for a long time.
mattyj5571
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby NIN on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:09 pm

I'm telling yinz, 5 on 5 the Pens are right with this team.
NIN

Postby Rychster on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:10 pm

These announcers are the biggest homers!
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby yeltzen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:10 pm

Are we trying to get Biron into the All-Star game or something?
yeltzen

Postby NIN on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:10 pm

Oh Dear Lord how did Surgical Sergie MISS THAT!! :evil:
NIN

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:11 pm

Rychster wrote:These announcers are the biggest homers!

Which Feed?
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Donald Fagen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:12 pm

NIN wrote:I'm telling yinz, 5 on 5 the Pens are right with this team.

maybe so but it'll be 2-0 before it is 1-1

we'll give up some garbage goal
Donald Fagen

Postby yeltzen on Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:13 pm

If anyone complains about the refs tonight, I will smack them. We are getting away with murder.
yeltzen

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins