O'Connor on ESPN Radio

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Bowser on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:04 pm

I'm going to try to do my best to record and type the questions and answers.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jerri on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:15 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid O'Connor is. Seriously, if I wasn't so angry with him I'd feel sorry for him. He sounds like an idiot. Tim isn't letting him weasel his way out of this, good for him.

I can't believe this guy is our mayor...
Jerri

Postby Pitts on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:16 pm

He just called him flat out!!! Said there is a lot of people who think the 3 stooges are aligned with the SQ plan! O'Connor is wriggling!

In talking about the "no money" claim in December, O'Connor is claiming he is the "new" guy on the block and wasn't able to offer money then.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:16 pm

Bowser wrote:I'm going to try to do my best to record and type the questions and answers.

good-luck...

Tim Benz is not backing down!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:19 pm

He keeps dropping the same line..."we all have to work together." He completely dogdes every time Benz asks him why he doesn't think the IoC proposal is the best put forward for the region.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:19 pm

Over and out.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dboss on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:22 pm

I can't believe that man is our mayor. This is the guy that got elected??? He sounded like the most unintelligent man ever. He is such a puppet in this its not even funny and Rendell has his hand all the way up his a** and through his throat controlling the strings. I should have known better that a guy that couldn't beat Tom Murphy would be a disaster and that is exactly what is going to happen. Basically, I think Onorato is running this county, city, etc. after hearing that. He is SOOOOO much more intelligent than O'Connor and I don't even like him.
Last edited by dboss on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby td_ice on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:28 pm

dboss wrote:I can't believe that man is our mayor. This is the guy that got elected??? He sounded like the most unintelligent man ever. He is such a puppet in this its not even funny and Rendell has his hand all the way up his a** and through his throat controlling the strings. I should have known better that a guy that couldn't beat Tom Murphy would be a disaster and that is exactly what is going to happen. Basically, I think Onorato is running this county, city, etc. after hearing that. He is SOOOOO much more intelligent than O'Connor and I don't even like him.

Good lord, this man is a bumbling fool.

You could tell that Benz had him off his "sound bite" game and was clearly flustered. All he did is recite the talking points that his "team" gave him. Other than that, it sounded as he had no independent thought whatsoever.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Bowser on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:32 pm

I just uploaded the interview

http://www.red-guy.com/bowser/benzoconnor.wav
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Peter on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:42 pm

He is a politician, did you all expect him to say "Oh yes, this is the best plan, no doubt." No. He has to appear open to all parties involved because he is a politician. I don't know what you people expected out of a democratic and very new mayor. He's not going to alienate the other parties involved. That doesn't make it right, but it is the game they play.

The content of this interview is worth something if it gets people to see what's really going on. The words meant nothing.
Peter

Time to play dirty

Postby doublem on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:44 pm

The brain trust of this city and state are looking to make the penguins the bad guy. They have contuntied tp play dirty-now; it is time for the pens to play dirty, but they wont becasue they have class unllike these corrupt poltiticans. Any one that voted or these people are crazy.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:52 pm

Peter wrote:The words meant nothing.

When talking about politicians, truer words have never been spoken Peter. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

what do you mean?

Postby penny lane on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:53 pm

Peter wrote:He is a politician, did you all expect him to say "Oh yes, this is the best plan, no doubt." No. He has to appear open to all parties involved because he is a politician. I don't know what you people expected out of a democratic and very new mayor. He's not going to alienate the other parties involved. That doesn't make it right, but it is the game they play.

The content of this interview is worth something if it gets people to see what's really going on. The words meant nothing.

I expected exactly what I got... :twisted: somebody who in spite of his words has motives beyond the "good" of the city.
These politicos by their scrambling this week are admiting that they
know who will receive the slots license. They have finally figured out that the residents are smarter than given credit.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:08 pm

Excellent interview by Tim Benz. BO came off very bad in my view, though not because of anything he said. It was how he spoke, trying to talk over Benz before a question was completed, repeating talking points, and even talking down to Benz at times. He sounded like an unprepared, self-important, *******. Image

When he said "I've been in this city a lot longer than you, I know about our sports teams" Benz should have reached through the phone and punched him in the face. You would think mayor of a large city would be a little more professional than that.

Again, great job by Benz and thanks to Bowser for getting that recording up so people like me that missed it could "make it up." Image
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dboss on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:09 pm

Did Benz really say that O'Connor told him that he thinks he can get an NBA team here??? This man should be impeached and put out to pasture.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:10 pm

dboss wrote:Did Benz really say that O'Connor told him that he thinks he can get an NBA team here??? This man should be impeached and put out to pasture.

I didn't hear that. If it was said it must have been a passing reference...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:16 pm

Tikkanen wrote:
netwolf wrote:
dboss wrote:Did Benz really say that O'Connor told him that he thinks he can get an NBA team here??? This man should be impeached and put out to pasture.

I didn't hear that. If it was said it must have been a passing reference...

He was just posing it as a rhetorical question. not to O'C and O'C didn't say it.

O'C did, however, dace around the "primary tenant if the pens leave" question.

It was even better than dancing; he had no answer.

And I hereby decree that the correct abbreviation for Bob O'Connor is BO. O'C is no longer acceptable for two reasons:

1. OC was Jack O'Callahans nickname on the 1980 Olympic team and was my favorite player from said team.
2. BO is just too sophmorically funny to pass up. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Peter on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:18 pm

it would help if non-sports people asked the same questions.
Peter

Postby imau2fan on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:16 pm

I laughed sarcastically when Boob O'Yinzer referred to himself in third person. He doesn't do it as well as Bob Dole........at least Dole was funny.
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:59 pm

imau2fan wrote:

I laughed sarcastically when Boob O'Yinzer referred to himself in third person. He doesn't do it as well as Bob Dole........at least Dole was funny.

He did'nt have the spine to mouth the words, "I care about the city of Pittsburgh.". Instead he said, "Bob O' Conner cares about the....".

I am totally moving out of this deadend Burgh.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:33 am

Tikkanen wrote:But I'm fairly certain that BO KNOWS POLITICS better than this little [family board] you want to call "BO". :P

Well, instead of BO we can make it B.O. if ti makes you feel better. I'm too lazy too type the periods though, so I will stick with BO. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jamie on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:40 am

What a horses @$$. He sounded like a stumblin, bumblin idiot. He answered each question with the same answers, always side stepping the point of the questions asked. He is a slimy politician. Think Rendell and his chronies did not coach the old mayor on what to say? It's obvious what the score is, and the IOC plan is NOT going to carry the day.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Battleship Kelly on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:10 pm

Waa, Waa, Waaa.

How many of you have actually ever voted? And of those how many are registered and have voted other than Democrat because that's what your daddy's, daddy's did, because his thug union boss told him to do that?

It's probably waaaay too late now, but if you want to try to do something about this, take the following 3 steps:

1. If you are registered as a democrat, call the Pittsburgh Democratic Headquarters, 412-321-2995, tell them you are changing parties, because of idiots like BO, DanO and lie to your face Rendell, and their stance on the arena.

2. Change your registration to a party other than Democrat and if you are not registered, do it!

3. Last and most important, VOTE! What was BO elected by? Something like 20% of the pop. of Pgh.

BO never offered anything to say during his whole campaign, other than we need to get together with the right people and talk. He has never offered any solution to any problem, just talk. He can't, his mind is not capable of it. I do have to thank him however, for making my decision to move out of the city, one of the smartest things I have ever done!

Bob
Battleship Kelly

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Battleship Kelly wrote:Waa, Waa, Waaa.

How many of you have actually ever voted? And of those how many are registered and have voted other than Democrat because that's what your daddy's, daddy's did, because his thug union boss told him to do that?

registered voter sitting right here... and no... im not a demo... so you can have your tissue back now!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dboss on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:20 pm

Battleship Kelly wrote:1. If you are registered as a democrat, call the Pittsburgh Democratic Headquarters, 412-321-2995, tell them you are changing parties, because of idiots like BO, DanO and lie to your face Rendell, and their stance on the arena.

2. Change your registration to a party other than Democrat and if you are not registered, do it!

3. Last and most important, VOTE! What was BO elected by? Something like 20% of the pop. of Pgh.

This is probably one of the best suggestions I have seen on this board. Parties never like to have their base switch parties. I think it would take A LOT of people for this to have an affect, but applying pressue from every possible angle is always a good tactic no matter how small.

That having been said, to answer your question I have voted in almost every election since I turned 18 (I missed a couple of primaries and one General Election) and unfortunately I can't call the party headquarters to do this. I am a registered republican. Idiots like the three stooges are why, although I can't say many good things about the republican party right now either. Pretty much every politican just sucks at this point in time.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins