Offical "Win or Ecuador" GDT - Rangers @ Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Jesse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:13 pm

Well, I'm headed to Ecuador. I'm sure the Gorilla's will come for me in the night and put me in a burlap sack.

Sorry, guys. I tried.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:13 pm

MAF didn't deserve that. This team didn't deserve that. Very good effort tonight, but out skilled in the end. Time to cry in my bottled water now.
Last edited by Ron` on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:14 pm

wow. just. wow.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:14 pm

I'd like to thank Rob Scuderi for his panicked play by throwing pucks hard around the board when he had tons of time that lead to several icings in the 3rd period which had us lose some face offs and get some bad matchups out there. Thanks Rob.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Fast B on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:14 pm

The U wrote:NY Rangers were actually robbed with that disallowed goal so they should have won anyway....

We had 4 shots in the 3rd period. U dont deserve to win with that.

Not to mention having a 6-on-3 and not getting any shots on net. They were actually doing fairly well at even strength for most of the game, and don't forget, Malkin nearly ended it less than halfway through the overtime. That was just a crazy game all around.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The U on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:15 pm

Ron` wrote:MAF didn't deserve that. This team didn't deserve that, very good effort tonight, but out skilled in the end. Time to cry in my bottled water now.

That 4-on-4 format is not for us. We have 3 skilled forwards on the team and one of them wasnt playing tonight.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:15 pm

Hard effort but what that is 3 losses in a row (i think)now even if it is an OT it's hard to take. Seems like there is some slipping w/o Sid. but i guess it being the 3rd game in 4 days might have something to do with it as well but it still sucks.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby saveourpens on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:15 pm

**** all this we didn't deserve this so we should've lost ****. Fact is this game was 1/2 an inch from a Pens win. F^CK.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:15 pm

I have to say, that was actually an entertaining game.

I just didn't like the outcome. Can't really blame MAF much for this one.

We really need a convincing win this Tuesday against the Islanders.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby redmosqui on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:15 pm

I swear, what a joke our PP has been. seriously, even with Crosby it was a joke...I say whoever runs that (I forget his name right now) should be taken off the assignment because whatever he is doing obviously isn't working. How many more games do we have to endure a pathetic PP...with Malkin, Crosby, Staal, Gonchar, how can this team NOT score on the PP?!
redmosqui
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ron` on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:16 pm

Let it go guys, they put a good effort forward tonight. Maybe with Sid in the lineup they win this game. This team is just not on the same veteran skill level as the Rangers yet. But you know what, they will be ahead of them soon.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:16 pm

68forever wrote:Hard effort but what that is 3 losses in a row (i think)now even if it is an OT it's hard to take. Seems like there is some slipping w/o Sid. but i guess it being the 3rd game in 4 days might have something to do with it as well but it still sucks.

Not that it matters much, but we at least took 2 points out of 2 of those losses.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Scott on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:16 pm

DelPen wrote:I'd like to thank Rob Scuderi for his panicked play by throwing pucks hard around the board when he had tons of time that lead to several icings in the 3rd period which had us lose some face offs and get some bad matchups out there. Thanks Rob.

Make sure you extend a thanks to the entire coaching staff. A thanks of great proportion for our amazing Power play.

Yes friends, that is in fact coaching.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:18 pm

Jesse wrote:
68forever wrote:Hard effort but what that is 3 losses in a row (i think)now even if it is an OT it's hard to take. Seems like there is some slipping w/o Sid. but i guess it being the 3rd game in 4 days might have something to do with it as well but it still sucks.

Not that it matters much, but we at least took 2 points out of 2 of those losses.

2 is better than none but i'm greedy i would like at least 3 or more especially with all the talent the team has or on some night is supposed to have, just sometimes when you don't see it it gets VERY frustrating.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The U on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:19 pm

In the past 2 days (Friday and Saturday) we had the chance on two different occasions to jump into 1st place in the divisions.

Both days we ended up losing ground to the teams right in front of us...and the NYI won tonight. Gotta have these games.

We've been great "in division" this season but we're really out-skilled and out-personelled by the other teams in our division (minus the Flyers). When you're this close to getting 2 points you have to win the games.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby jmh470 on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:21 pm

I'm waiting for someone to defend Army because he does "the little things"...
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The U on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:22 pm

Ron` wrote:Let it go guys, they put a good effort forward tonight. Maybe with Sid in the lineup they win this game. This team is just not on the same veteran skill level as the Rangers yet. But you know what, they will be ahead of them soon.

Correct. The Rangers, Isles, and Devils are better than us. Period. We have to play VERY WELL to beat these teams and we have to cash in on the PowerPlays since we cant out-skill them or compete with their skilled veteran players.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The U on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:25 pm

jmh470 wrote:I'm waiting for someone to defend Army because he does "the little things"...

I like Colby, but I was thinking....if Andy Hilbert were still on this team he'd be on the 1st or 2nd line wouldnt he? Look how far we havent come in terms of getting goal scoring.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby 68forever on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:26 pm

? does MT use video as a teaching tool with this team b/c if he or any of the players watch any of the games someone has to see what is happening and if not they better get glasses fast.

Wasn't Constatine the coach that the players complained about watching videos with do death. But if it helps why not do it once in awhile esp. if it helps.

Something has got to change and obviously it's not going to happen by some miracle being pulled out of thin air. Do something or else we as fans won't have anything to do all season but complain and that will get old so enough w/o the lack of change from the team. Help us fans out and give us a bone at least, Tues. will be a good chance for that. :D
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jesse on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:28 pm

The U wrote:
jmh470 wrote:I'm waiting for someone to defend Army because he does "the little things"...

I like Colby, but I was thinking....if Andy Hilbert were still on this team he'd be on the 1st or 2nd line wouldnt he? Look how far we havent come in terms of getting goal scoring.

U, I understand your point, but I think the fact that Hilbert also has yet to register a point this year illustrates your point even more!
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CKA24 on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:28 pm

So to Ecuador... or half way cuz we got a point?
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:33 pm

Very tough loss to take. We had every opportunity to win it in OT. I just don't know what it is with this team in OT. They can't finish the other team off. You just get the sense that they're bound to lose when the game reaches OT. Losing with three seconds left REALLY hurts. I don't get why the players wouldn't just take as many penalties as they have to to make sure it gets to the shootout when you're down to a few seconds left.

Tuesday's maybe the biggest game of the early season. Hopefully, Crosby will be back. We've lost two frustrating games the last two days when we were given the opportunity to win them both. This division is really tight and I'd imagine it's going to stay that way all season. These inner-divisional games are so important and probably will decide which two or three teams from our division reaches the playoffs. I just hope the Pens' success against our divisional rivals doesn't start to balance out. We need to keep taking advantage of these games.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pfim on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:56 pm

I haven't gone through the thread, but I thought they went into a shell with about 14 minutes left. Jagr's goal was a fluke, but seemed inevitable.

They played well in the OT until Malkin forgot to cover for Gonchar.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:24 am

Jesse wrote:Well, I'm headed to Ecuador. I'm sure the Gorilla's will come for me in the night and put me in a burlap sack.

Sorry, guys. I tried.

I think that Rocco's call, but for whatever little it's worth, I'd give you a pass (though I did joke to MCM and Jerez in the parking lot that the loss was your fault. :lol:).

I was concerned that there was no date in the title, but since that was a space thing and you made up for it with the Ecuador reference, I'd think you'd be okay. Besides, they got a point, right? :D

The power play stunk again. Normally a 1 for 6 night wouldn't be that bad, but after you factor in all the 5 on 3 time they had, 16-17% doesn't cut it.

The other problem was them laying back too much combined with the Rangers coming on. They got out shot 12-4 in the 3rd period.

Those two things aside, they had chances to win. I liked the effort except for the power play. If they could somehow get these guys to out work the opposing PK, they'd be a lot better for it.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:22 am

Peter wrote:Last game! I will be there. Then I'm going to the penguin game. Sorry I won't be able to post in the game thread.

Pitt is the best. Big east championship here we come.

nuff said.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins