Islanders vs. Penguins (12/02/06) The Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby dagny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:10 pm

NJ5934 wrote:Any other tri-state area folks getting screwed by Center Ice, who conveniently blacked the god damn game out, even though it is not televised locally on the Isles channel?

@#$&!!!!!!!

No, I'm far enough away. I feel for ya, though. Been there with center ice before!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby gruntov on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:10 pm

dagny wrote:
gruntov wrote:
dagny wrote:
gruntov wrote:I'll take that penalty, Thorburn sticking up for the boys.

Will you take that goal against, as well?
Like I said, be smart about it.

Yep.
With Roy gone, and Cairns on IR, they have to stick up for each other, so teams don't abuse people. I like the Eckman penalty sticking up for Malkin as well.

Of course they do! Did you read my whole post? Sometimes I wonder if people selectively read what they want to attack.

I'm thrilled that my Penguins are shedding their "soft" image. But hockey is also a game of intelligence. You get back at them later if it means not putting your team down. Be smart about it.

So, I read your FULL post AGAIN, no change. They need to send out a message not only to the Isles, but the entire league. Don't F with us! 1 goal is meaningless if that happens. Take the long view-not the short one.
gruntov

Postby Goalie on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:10 pm

Both power play goals came off the rush as the puck was carried in by someone other than Gonchar. Too often Gonchar carries the puck with the intent of getting it just over the line and setting up, it puts no pressure on the defense and allows them to set up and be stationairy as the Penguins approach.

Ignore the play by Crosby because only he and Malkin are making that play and when they are able to do things like that just appreciate the talent level involved.

However the play by Whitney is subtle but extremely important. He carried the puck up and drifted to his left pulling a defender with him and causing the rest of the Isles to shift to account for his movement. Then with the little pass to EC, EC had a lot more room to work with because the Islander defenders were on the move. Its a simple pass and play but it opens up a ton of room for the power play.
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NJ5934 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:11 pm

dagny wrote:
NJ5934 wrote:Any other tri-state area folks getting screwed by Center Ice, who conveniently blacked the god damn game out, even though it is not televised locally on the Isles channel?

@#$&!!!!!!!

No, I'm far enough away. I feel for ya, though. Been there with center ice before!

This usually happens a couple times a year, always the damn Islanders!
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:12 pm

Goalie wrote:Both power play goals came off the rush as the puck was carried in by someone other than Gonchar. Too often Gonchar carries the puck with the intent of getting it just over the line and setting up, it puts no pressure on the defense and allows them to set up and be stationairy as the Penguins approach.

Ignore the play by Crosby because only he and Malkin are making that play and when they are able to do things like that just appreciate the talent level involved.

However the play by Whitney is subtle but extremely important. He carried the puck up and drifted to his left pulling a defender with him and causing the rest of the Isles to shift to account for his movement. Then with the little pass to EC, EC had a lot more room to work with because the Islander defenders were on the move. Its a simple pass and play but it opens up a ton of room for the power play.

The puck carrier must be fast in order to keep defensmen on their heels. Gonchar not only does'nt have the speed, but he has a history of turning it over in the neutral zone.
NIN

Postby Gaucho on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:13 pm

Hey, MAF got an assist? :D
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dagny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:13 pm

gruntov wrote:
Of course they do! Did you read my whole post? Sometimes I wonder if people selectively read what they want to attack.

I'm thrilled that my Penguins are shedding their "soft" image. But hockey is also a game of intelligence. You get back at them later if it means not putting your team down. Be smart about it.

So, I read your FULL post AGAIN, no change. They need to send out a message not only to the Isles, but the entire league. Don't F with us! 1 goal is meaningless if that happens. Take the long view-not the short one.

Then your reading comprehension leaves a little to be desired.
I said, stand up for you teammates, yes.

How do you misinterpret that?

I said you need to be smart about it.

Again, problem?

We'll definitely have to agree to disagree.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ron` on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:15 pm

Lets Go Pens! dang almost the third goal.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby gruntov on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:16 pm

I read just fine, you just fail to understand a long term view of things.
gruntov

Postby NIN on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:16 pm

That break out and scoring chance was awesome. Fleury started it, they passed it out, nice play by Petro with his skate to take the pass in the Nzone, great passing, almost an outstanding goal.
NIN

Postby DelPen on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:16 pm

It's nice to be on the plus side of referee incompetance for a change.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dagny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:21 pm

gruntov wrote:I read just fine, you just fail to understand a long term view of things.

Actually, my whole point has to do with the "big picture" and not instant gratification. If you comprehended the very simple statements I made, you'd realize that.

I'm getting a bigger laugh each time you reply, though. :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Peter on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:25 pm

sorry I'm late

Peter

Postby dagny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:26 pm

Since I'm in California I'm always happy to get the Pittsburgh feed on center ice. Kinda makes you feel closer to the city. Other announcers don't talk about Pittsburgh, y'know? :D

But what's with all the pop up ads??? Don't they know there's a hockey game being aired? Don't they know it's hard enough to see everthing on tv without things floating across the screen? Gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen!

NIN? Who do I write about it? :wink: :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dagny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:27 pm

Peter wrote:sorry I'm late

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Nice touch with the jersey, though. :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:28 pm

dagny wrote:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Nice touch with the jersey, though. :lol:

Whoa! Dagny! When did you return?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:29 pm

Whaaaassssup Sleepy Pete.
NIN

Postby Peter on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:29 pm

what is the score?
Peter

Postby dagny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:30 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Whoa! Dagny! When did you return?

Are ya serious? I think some of the people I've pi$$ed off would wonder where YOU'VE been if you just noticed me. LOL! :shock: :lol:

Hiya!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pcm on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:30 pm

Double-Jinx no jinx-backs.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:31 pm

dagny wrote:Since I'm in California I'm always happy to get the Pittsburgh feed on center ice. Kinda makes you feel closer to the city. Other announcers don't talk about Pittsburgh, y'know? :D

But what's with all the pop up ads??? Don't they know there's a hockey game being aired? Don't they know it's hard enough to see everthing on tv without things floating across the screen? Gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen!

NIN? Who do I write about it? :wink: :lol:

FSN, I'll find out more during the 2nd intermission. I havent wrote them yet but I am going too, it's terrible the way they interrupt the game with some crappy ad blocking half of the game. :evil:
NIN

Postby Ron` on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ron` on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:33 pm

Dagny has been lurking for awhile actually.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dagny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:36 pm

Peter wrote:what is the score?

2-1 Pens
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dagny on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:37 pm

Ron` wrote:Dagny has been lurking for awhile actually.

Definitely took me a while to adjust and ACCEPT the new board when RJ changed it over. :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins