Yesterday's rally

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Yesterday's rally

Postby Jasmine on Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:31 am

Was anyone at the rally yesterday? I didn't hear about it until too late last evening. I have applied to speak at the Gaminig Board Hearings, but wiish I could have gone to this one. Please update. Thanks :?:
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:41 am

Ralley? Thanks for putting the word out. Far be it for me to count on a message board entitled LETS GO PENS for ralley information. May as well call it GET OUT PENS.
NIN

Postby Jamie on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:11 pm

I posted a letter about the rally on this site several days ago. Although it was not really a rally. Read my letter in the thread titled COUNCILMAN MATT DROZD.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Peter on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:39 pm

If there was a rally it was poorly organized, seeing as how none of us knew about it. What's the story? Maybe it was a rally set up by the opposition designed to show that we have ver little support.
Peter

Postby netwolf on Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:38 pm

It wasn't a rally per se from what I read. Drozd was just introducing a motion to require the eventual owner of the slots license to foot the arena bill or something to that effect.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby passmaster16 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:29 pm

netwolf wrote:It wasn't a rally per se from what I read. Drozd was just introducing a motion to require the eventual owner of the slots license to foot the arena bill or something to that effect.

Correct...

Motion Expressing the Sense of Council of Allegheny County urging the Pennsylvania Gaming Rights Commission (PGRC) to give strong consideration to gaming proposals that incorporate funding for a new multi-use arena in Pittsburgh in the course of their upcoming licensing determination.

see the meeting minutes here http://legistar.county.allegheny.pa.us/ ... earch.aspx
passmaster16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins