New arena related forum link?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

New arena related forum link?

Postby jdev28 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:21 pm

I think it may be a good idea to have a new link for new arena and all related discussion, such as the Winter Olympics discussion link on the main forum page. Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea?

I just think that mixing all the new arena discussion with the Penguins related link is kind of hurting both the arena talk and the on-ice Penguin talk by getting all jumbled together. I feel that the arena issue is big enough and important enough to have its own forum.
jdev28
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:31 pm

I think its a good idea. I suggested this before. Hopefully, if its not to much work it could get done. Although there isn't much Pens news or discussion other than the arena issue right now.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: New arena related forum link?

Postby dboss on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:41 pm

jdev28 wrote:I think it may be a good idea to have a new link for new arena and all related discussion, such as the Winter Olympics discussion link on the main forum page. Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea?

I just think that mixing all the new arena discussion with the Penguins related link is kind of hurting both the arena talk and the on-ice Penguin talk by getting all jumbled together. I feel that the arena issue is big enough and important enough to have its own forum.

Good idea!! Once the Pens begin playing again, I think this would be a huge benefit.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby td_ice on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:43 pm

If doable, it is a great idea.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby GJ on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:05 pm

With all due respect, I would rather not see it. I already jump around from the Pens, NPR, NHR, and Olympic forums now. The specificity could go on and on. And I still miss the old board. I guess I'm just slow to accept change... :cry:
GJ
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Admin on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:10 pm

GJ wrote:With all due respect, I would rather not see it.

Honestly, I'd rather have as few boards as possible, too. As long as people use descriptive subject lines, it's easy to see what the post will be about.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jdev28 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Well the olympics are almost over. Couldn't that board just be replaced soon. I really think it would be useful to separate the arena issue.
jdev28
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Admin on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:14 pm

jdev28 wrote:Well the olympics are almost over. Couldn't that board just be replaced soon.

It'll be deleted. Think fewer boards. ;)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:30 pm

I rather see the topic stay in this forum. A new forum for Arena issues would just move the topic off many posters radar screens. To be honest, the topic needs to remain front and center.

Keep it here please.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins