russian line

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

russian line

Postby alain blanc on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:12 am

Do you think that with the Malin's arrive we can see a Morozov's come back for a Russian line Morozov Malkin....?
Morozov do a good job in the russian's League so why not?
(Sorry for my English :wink: )
alain blanc

Postby Bowser on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:17 am

Aleksey Morozov won't be playing for the Penguins because Craig Patrick won't allow it to happen on his watch.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

re

Postby alain blanc on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:22 am

Morozov is always or not under contract with the Pens..?Because why not trade this right....?And why Patrick won't change of idea with the Morozov good play in russian league
(execuse my englih :wink: )
alain blanc

Postby Bowser on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:25 am

No one will trade for Morozov because of the European transfer rules and he's going to be an unrestricted free agent this summer. Grudges are more important to Patrick than actually running a quality organization.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

re

Postby alain blanc on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:33 am

All right, it's not a problem we will see a Malkin Crosby line :D I dream of the next season!!!! 8)
alain blanc

Postby Bowser on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:39 am

I'm excited to see Malkin and Crosby on the first power-play unit but I want those two to center their own lines at even-strength. I'd like to know how Patrick or another GM is going to build around Crosby, Malkin, Christensen and Talbot at center.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

re

Postby alain blanc on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:44 am

Mnh Crosby could play on the Malkin's LW, Chritiensen could be a good 2n line center and Talbot could play on the third.
But you have right we have a lot of center (too many?)i think now we must draft and take defensemen.
alain blanc

Re: re

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:40 pm

alain blanc wrote:Mnh Crosby could play on the Malkin's LW, Chritiensen could be a good 2n line center and Talbot could play on the third.
But you have right we have a lot of center (too many?)i think now we must draft and take defensemen.

Just curious, how easy or hard is it for you to follow the Pens in Paris?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Morozov maybe could be back,if Patrick splits.,..

Postby Pens4Life on Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 pm

I would like to see Morozov on line With Malkin and Ouellet
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

yeah,3rd line would be...

Postby Pens4Life on Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:31 pm

Talbot,Koltsov,Murley would be good 4th line...
LeClair - Malone - Recchi wouldnt be bad 3rd line....
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

re

Postby alain blanc on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:22 am

Just curious, how easy or hard is it for you to follow the Pens in Paris?

Hard :lol: but with the internet i can see all the PENS game 8)
alain blanc

fourtKNOX

Postby fourtKNOX on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:02 pm

well my thing is... isnt craig contract up after this year or is it next... if it is this year... then new gm would see that we have the rights to morozov and possibly go after him then... the grudge thing wouldnt hold with a new gm... and with morozov numbers in the super league... why wouldnt you give him a look...

i am not a morozov fan by any means but the dude does show some potential at times... now there are a lot of time in between them but at we are hurting for scoring wingers... morozov proved he could score with the right ppl... so with malkin and crosby as extremely talented play makers... I would seriously consider Morozov for next year...

but it could be pricy trying to get to Russians over here unless an agreement is met... and we all want Malkin!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

re

Postby alain blanc on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:40 pm

the dude does show some potential at times
I think like you, and Morozov Malkin Koltzov on the same line could be good (i hope)
alain blanc

Re: fourtKNOX

Postby netwolf on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:02 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:well my thing is... isnt craig contract up after this year or is it next... if it is this year... then new gm would see that we have the rights to morozov and possibly go after him then... the grudge thing wouldnt hold with a new gm... and with morozov numbers in the super league... why wouldnt you give him a look...

i am not a morozov fan by any means but the dude does show some potential at times... now there are a lot of time in between them but at we are hurting for scoring wingers... morozov proved he could score with the right ppl... so with malkin and crosby as extremely talented play makers... I would seriously consider Morozov for next year...

but it could be pricy trying to get to Russians over here unless an agreement is met... and we all want Malkin!

I believe Patrick is currently in the last year of his current deal. If he is replaced and the new guy does want to keep Morozov for whatever reason, that doesn't change the fact that Morozov becomes an UFA this summer.

Besides, Morozov may just want to stay in Russia at this point. It's worked out well for him to this point.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: fourtKNOX

Postby fourtKNOX on Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:37 pm

netwolf wrote:
that doesn't change the fact that Morozov becomes an UFA this summer.

Besides, Morozov may just want to stay in Russia at this point. It's worked out well for him to this point.

there you go... he is a UFA so i think the Morozov thing can go out the window... i remember that now... i dont see any teams getting into a bidding war over this merchandise... and you bring up a valid pt... I would stay where things are working... and that is in Russia
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:16 am

Haha... you certainly don't want to put the minus king out there tod efend the other team's top line. :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pfim on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:22 am

Bowser wrote:No one will trade for Morozov because of the European transfer rules and he's going to be an unrestricted free agent this summer. Grudges are more important to Patrick than actually running a quality organization.

The RSL may be the second best league in the world, but that doesn't mean it even comes close to the NHL.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:57 am

One positive thing you can say about Morozov is that when he was paired with top level talent (such as Lemieux) he seemed to fare well. This was evidenced by his start the year he broke his wrist... he had something like 27 points in 25 games (or the reverse) and he was seeing duty with lemieux.

He was not a player who would post impressive numbers otherwise... would he be productive on a line with malkin? Perhaps. But I don't think we'll ever find out.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:01 am

the wicked child wrote:One positive thing you can say about Morozov is that when he was paired with top level talent (such as Lemieux) he seemed to fare well. This was evidenced by his start the year he broke his wrist... he had something like 27 points in 25 games (or the reverse) and he was seeing duty with lemieux.

He was not a player who would post impressive numbers otherwise... would he be productive on a line with malkin? Perhaps. But I don't think we'll ever find out.

I think half the forwards in the league could have scored a point per. game on a line with Lemieux and Kovalev that season. Morozov did what was expected of him and nothing more.

Take a look at Knuble. He is not as skilled as Morozov but he is gathering points on a line with Forsberg and Gagner.
NIN

Postby the wicked child on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:41 am

My main point is that he was able to utilize his talents when paired with other skilled players, but is not someone who can create on his own.

I'm not suggesting the pens bring him back, or that he would even want to leave Russia anyway. I'm not suggesting that makes him great by any means, but he was servicable under the right circumstances. ie. if it would help Malkin's transistion, I wouldn't be too upset about it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins