KQV Radio President Launches Tirade Against Arena

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

KQV Radio President Launches Tirade Against Arena

Postby Bowser on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:25 pm

http://www.kqv.com/editorial.php

here are some of the stupid comments by Robert Dickey.

"Mario Lemieux and the Pittsburgh Penguins....have campaigned long and hard to have taxpayers build them a new arena."

"we were led to believe, by our so-called elected servants in Harrisburg, that the slots profits will be earmarked to lower property taxes in the state."

"we're concerned that the Penguin proposal opens the gate for possible problems emanating from a relationship between a professional sports franchise and a gambling operation."

"Just as we've editorially opposed these taxpayer rapes in the past, we are now even more strident opposing a new home for the Pens. There is no way we taxpayers should underwrite a damn dime to build a new arena because we already have one; Mellon Arena! So, learn to love it...or leave it!

And don't let the Zamboni hit you in the...

Robert W. Dickey
President
KQV Newsradio

Broadcast: February 24, 25, 26, 2006

------------------------------------------
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Teleblues on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:31 pm

Not even worth rebutting imo, and pretty insignificant. He's not even attempting to be accurate on anything, so why bother.
Teleblues

Postby bill from turtle creek on Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:56 pm

Agreed. Nobody will hear of this except for their 13 listeners.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bowser on Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:11 pm

Bill - There are plenty of OLD people who listen to KQV and make no mistake about this editorial by Dickey, he was doing this as a favor to his Duquense friends connected to Harrah's plan.

A day after O'Connor and Onorato were trying to douse the flames, someone else twitches on the flame thrower trigger.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bill from turtle creek on Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:07 pm

Hmm.... Is there a way to prove that this guy has a Duquesne connection? Seems to me that if time after time after time these things keep happening, documenting them all together could suggest significant coincidences, which would in turn perhaps be useful in mitigating their effectiveness.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dboss on Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:43 pm

Teleblues wrote:Not even worth rebutting imo, and pretty insignificant. He's not even attempting to be accurate on anything, so why bother.

I couldn't resist. They will probably toss it after the first line, but it made me feel better. :)

Mr. President (Mr. Dick as you are probably known around the office),
Just so you know, based on your arrogant, unintelligent, half-assed, anti-business/development, and hypocritical editorial regarding a new arena for the city I will NEVER listen to KQV radio again. Losing 1 listener shouldn't be too large of a hit for you, except that you only have 5 left at this point for a total ratings share of 1/2 a point!!

Perhaps you should have done some research before writing this editorial. Have you looked at all the NEW development around the new arenas in Washington, DC; Columbus, OH; etc. or would that be too much work for you to undertake? Was it not you who ONLY two weeks prior raved about the 'shot in the arm' the Steelers Super Bowl win did for the city? Sounds to me like your editorial should be A LOT more focused on the true cause of this problem with the Penguins. Their names would be Mayor Bob O'Connor and County Chief Executive Dan Onorato. They are the people that should be representing this region, not their own political interests, by stepping up and supporting the Isle of Capri proposal so a 'Plan B' is not necessary with taxpayer funding.

Until you do so I would suggest you take a trip to the next event at Mellon Arena and really consider what this 'WONDERFUL' facility could be used for in the next decade. Just a word of advice, don't let the crumbling facade hit you in the head on the way in. Actually, this might knock some sense into you.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins