More Posturing?? -- Mario in KC

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Defence21 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:40 pm

Once lived in Pittsburgh wrote:I read your post with much interest, and much agreement.

But you lost me at the end with what I'd call, a very rude personal assessment of me. Look, I don't even think the team is moving to KC, so I can't be called any type of "homer". I admit I don't know the entire situation, so I can't be a troll.

But I'm asking some basic questions that don't add up. So while it's possible that I'm irritating Pens fans, it's also possible that the Pens fans I'm irritating, are really just upset at the situation and are projecting said feelings onto an internet poster. If my leaving will make you all happier, say the word.

Your leaving will not make me happier -- my intent was not a personal attack on you or to suggest that you leave. I guess what I was trying to say is this: you saying the team will or won't leave won't anger most on here. What will, however, is the way you respond to some posts. There definitely are many holes in Plan B, right now, but, when an independent company does a study and suggests that Plan B is, in fact, legitimately good and sees no major flaws in the layout, that tells me that it is pretty good. Again, I am not saying the team won't leave -- or that I would begrudge a citizen of any other city for hoping the Penguins move to their city.

I'm sorry if I offended you -- that was not my intent. I simply wanted to inform you that if you want the majority of posters here to take you seriously -- and not take you as a homer or troll -- you probably should relook at some of your wording so it doesn't make you come across as having an alterior motive.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:44 pm

Once lived in Pittsburgh wrote:I read your post with much interest, and much agreement.

But you lost me at the end with what I'd call, a very rude personal assessment of me. Look, I don't even think the team is moving to KC, so I can't be called any type of "homer". I admit I don't know the entire situation, so I can't be a troll.

But I'm asking some basic questions that don't add up. So while it's possible that I'm irritating Pens fans, it's also possible that the Pens fans I'm irritating, are really just upset at the situation and are projecting said feelings onto an internet poster. If my leaving will make you all happier, say the word.

the word.

i kid, but in all seriousness, i think its the way (and it may not even be your fault...reading the typed word and deciphering between sarcastic, inquisitive, and/or aggressive is, at times, rather difficult to consistently do.) you have come off as aggressive in your reactions to peoples opinions and supporting them with not-so-quality informations (such as the alleged 50-60 million in construction runover). people will react as they have because it is very frustrating for a person who is new to the board being so upfront and (as aforementioned....may not be your fault) aggressive. The suddent rush of posts and criticisms that arise from said posts results in an individual believing that your sole purpose of being here is to "troll."

i respect your difference in opinions in comparison to those i feel know the situation better than most (including myself)...i would just try to express yourself in a more sensitive (for lack of a better word) way. This is not to say beat around the bush, but if you are here to gain information as you have stated Once Lived in Pittsburgh, i would offer the suggestion to be more accepting and open-minded...and a little less confrontational (as was the "who is going to pay for the project overages" speil). im sorry for throwing my two cents into this, but im getting itchy spacebar from the number of doomsday/argument threads that pop up around important meetings and annoucements that are happening/going to happen.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins