Jackman is best Defensive asset:

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jackman is best Defensive asset:

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:04 pm

He has the best shot on the team. Defensively? No. Overall value? Yes. He is a right-handed shooting defenseman. He SHOOTS the puck. He has a very accurate shot. They have been using him wrong all season. For one, they have him benched for half the season. Second, when they do play him, they have him on the WRONG side. Olczyk and Therrien are blind to what other teams are doing. You put a Left shot (Gonchar) on the right side and a right-hander on the Left side (Jackman.) One-timers. How come McCabe has so many goals and points. For the team to not see the value in Jackman would be the equivalent of not seeing the value in Morozov. Hell, they already did it with Tarnstrom (the leading Pens scorer last season...)

Another thing, there are too many American Defensemen on the team. You need Canadian defensemen...

Peace

BTW, the reason that Jackman isn't producing is because he is drinking because he is always BENCHED>>>

Later
Morozov

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:16 pm

With a handle like that I did'nt expect to read anything good and you certainly did'nt disapoint me.

It is easier for a defender to move the puck up the boards and out of the zone if he is playing the right side and is a right shot. Jackman needs every edge he can get in the defensive zone and you might be shocked to learn this but 75% of his goals come from the RIGHT side. One-timers are not his specialty but its always wise to shoot from the off-side because the less time the goalie has to set the better the scorring chance.

I don't agree with him being benched for more then a couple of games this season. Maybe the Pens were trying to sell Tarnstrom by letting him play but I think the best thing to do would have been sending Whitney down and die with Jackman and Tarnstrom back there. Worst case scenerio is that Whitney finds his game and returns to his "old" self and either Tarnstrom or Jackman get hot offensively and command top return value to a contending team.
NIN

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:44 pm

Ok, I was referring to the PP. On ordinary defence those line configurations don't work. However, besides Orpik, there isn't many others that play smashmouth hockey - and that's why we are at the point we are at now - non-playoff spot. Odelein will hit, but he's too slow to catch anyone.

Morozov is the best player outside of the NHL. (Other than Malkin of course...)

And when you disagree with that statement, explain how Morozov can be second in scoring to Malkin. Are Morozov's points all cheap?

BTW, don't explain defensive pairings to me. You sound like Mike Modano... You need some Canadian JAM on this team. You haven't had it since 92.

Peace[/url]
Morozov

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:53 pm

Morozov wrote:Ok, I was referring to the PP. On ordinary defence those line configurations don't work. However, besides Orpik, there isn't many others that play smashmouth hockey - and that's why we are at the point we are at now - non-playoff spot. Odelein will hit, but he's too slow to catch anyone.

Morozov is the best player outside of the NHL. (Other than Malkin of course...)

And when you disagree with that statement, explain how Morozov can be second in scoring to Malkin. Are Morozov's points all cheap?

BTW, don't explain defensive pairings to me. You sound like Mike Modano... You need some Canadian JAM on this team. You haven't had it since 92.

Peace[/url]

I have no problem with adding more canadian style blueliners. If Crosby can come out of the QMJHL I would be looking for anybody that had any success against him, because he would have a future in the NHL if he could even help contain Crosby at that level.

Morozov has talent. He always had talent, I never questioned his ability anymore then I doubt Kovalevs talent. The Problem with Morozov appears to be heart. There is no other way to say it without picking a fight or being offesive to your ....handle. But the guy has no guts, he cannot take the pounding of the long punishing NHL schedule. He gets demoralized when the coach puts him on line 3. Sure he doesnt fit in there but why not at leats TRY to make something happen?

There are alot of things that beneift Morozov in the Super Duper League. Bigger rinks and a much easier schedule. Far fewer hits and he is at home there, quite ltterally. Malkin can thrive in any league because he can excell at any style of game. Morozov is a one-trick pnoy and Team Russia knew it too.
NIN

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:02 pm

Russia is full of one trick ponies. You can judge Morozov when he signs with an NHL team and becomes a star - like Naslund. Not to mention JON SIM who scored a hat trick this season with the Panthers. He has heart. And if they trade ANYBODY for Umberger (another over producing American) it'll be a mistake.
Morozov

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:05 pm

Morozov wrote:Russia is full of one trick ponies. You can judge Morozov when he signs with an NHL team and becomes a star - like Naslund. Not to mention JON SIM who scored a hat trick this season with the Panthers. He has heart. And if they trade ANYBODY for Umberger (another over producing American) it'll be a mistake.

Your probably right about Umberger as far as being another average American player. But your wrong about trading "anybody". I can think of about 10 players in the organization I would send their way for him.
NIN

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:12 pm

"in fact, hitting anywhere other than the corners is usually bad defense."

??

And hitting in football is bad defence too>>>

Is that why the Penguins went out and got Kasparaitis?? I think those open-ice hits on Lindros were pretty entertaining.
Morozov

Postby pfim on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:12 pm

In fact, hitting anywhere other than the corners is usually bad defense.

Well, that's good for Jackman I guess, as it's the only place he can hit. He always misses in the neutral zone.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:15 pm

pfim wrote:
In fact, hitting anywhere other than the corners is usually bad defense.

Well, that's good for Jackman I guess, as it's the only place he can hit. He always misses in the neutral zone.

It's funny watching him try to nail a forward in open ice.
NIN

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:16 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
Morozov wrote:"in fact, hitting anywhere other than the corners is usually bad defense."

??

Is that why the Penguins went out and got Kasparaitis?? I think those open-ice hits on Lindros were pretty entertaining.

entertaining <> good

Kaspar was horrible.

He looked great in the olympics.
NIN

Bringing in the Message Board SHEEEP!!!!!!!!

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:17 pm

LMFAO
Morozov

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:20 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
NIN wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:
Morozov wrote:"in fact, hitting anywhere other than the corners is usually bad defense."

??

entertaining <> good

Kaspar was horrible.

He was.

He looked great in the olympics.

LOL!
NIN

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:20 pm

They got him for a reason. He used to bug the **** out of Mario. So they got him. Any hit makes the other team think twice when they enter the zone.
Morozov

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:21 pm

Morozov wrote:They got him for a reason. He used to bug the **** out of Mario. So they got him. Any hit makes the other team think twice when they enter the zone.

He blocked more shots in a game then this entire blueline has all season.
NIN

Postby pfim on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:24 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
Morozov wrote:They got him for a reason. He used to bug the **** out of Mario. So they got him. Any hit makes the other team think twice when they enter the zone.

yes. the other team thinks twice...

"OH NO! Should I try to gain the zone?!? Kaspar is on the ice! AHH!"

*dumps puck, skates fast to bench*

He was good at what he did, my biggest complaint with him is that he isn't very aggressive in front of the net. He's a dynamic player, and while this isn't a badge of honor, the blueline hasn't been competent since he left.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:24 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
NIN wrote:

He blocked more shots in a game then this entire blueline has all season.

and forwards skated around him like he was a pylon.
and he turned the puck over about a dozen times a game.
and he took himself out of position to go for hits

Its a shame that we have all that now and no shot blockers.
NIN

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins