With Primeau out, does that increase the probability...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

With Primeau out, does that increase the probability...

Postby guiner on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:22 pm

that we can dish Leclair or Recchi back to the Flyers. I hope so.

g
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: With Primeau out, does that increase the probability...

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:39 pm

guiner wrote:that we can dish Leclair or Recchi back to the Flyers. I hope so.

g

Probably but he has'nt had a great season since 2000-2001. He has only played in 54 games in 03-04 and a mere 9 this season. The FLyers have been winning regardless and I don't see it as anymore added pressure. Nedved has given them some depth but the intangebles Primeau adds are not going to be filled by Nedved. I don't see how Recchi's depth and versatility could hurt them but he does take a chunk out of any teams cap and I don't know what the deal was/is with Recchi and that locker room.

LeCLair might be wanted back there but I doubt they would aim that low, not when they are paying so much already just to free cap for greater talent. I suspect that they might try for a bigger name player like Madden.
NIN

Postby plasticbratt on Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:56 am

Are there any rules involved that might preclude a trade back to Philly for LeClair?

They bought him out, and as I understand things, that means he could not sign with them for at least one year. So can he sign with us and get traded back to the team that bought him out like that?

:?:
plasticbratt
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:20 am

No. Flyers need a scoring winger and another defenseman, not any washed up bums. Doan will be a Flyer real soon.

Can't wait till the ********. :lol:
FlyerNation

Postby DelPen on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:37 am

Leclair can't play for the Fleyrs this year, it's a condition of being released/bought out this past summer.

I could still see Jackman to the Flyers for a late pick considering their three top offensive defensemen (Pitkanen, Johnsson, Desjardins) have all had injury problems this year and some more offensive depth on the blue line and for the 2nd PP would be useful for a team making a cup run. I think Jackman would actually be a better player on the Flyers than he is here.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:46 am

DelPen wrote:Leclair can't play for the Fleyrs this year, it's a condition of being released/bought out this past summer.

I could still see Jackman to the Flyers for a late pick considering their three top offensive defensemen (Pitkanen, Johnsson, Desjardins) have all had injury problems this year and some more offensive depth on the blue line and for the 2nd PP would be useful for a team making a cup run. I think Jackman would actually be a better player on the Flyers than he is here.

I wouldn't mind Jackman here Del, but then again look at the players he would replace. All offensive defensiveman who can QB the PP. Adding Jackman to play along Hatcher, Therien, and the biggest stiff of them all Rathje doesn't fix the problem of having little to no offense from the blueline. If healthy, yes I take him as the no 6, but the Flyers need to grasp someone like Morris or even Numminen to change the dimension of that defense.
FlyerNation

Postby jjwags on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:35 am

FlyerNation wrote:No. Flyers need a scoring winger and another defenseman, not any washed up bums. Doan will be a Flyer real soon.

who is rumered to be traded for Doan : )
just a curious Pens fan living in Phoenix
jjwags
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Bowser on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:39 am

I hope the Penguins attempt to acquire Shane Doan. He would be the PERFECT winger for Crosby. I would use the 2006 #1 pick, Ryan Malone and a D prospect like Michal Sersen.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:52 am

jjwags wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:No. Flyers need a scoring winger and another defenseman, not any washed up bums. Doan will be a Flyer real soon.

who is rumered to be traded for Doan : )
just a curious Pens fan living in Phoenix

Umberger, Ruczkika, 06 1st and 2nd rounders but this deal also rumored to include Gauthier or Morris. I bet Phx will want someone else thrown in, maybe Freddie Meyer.
FlyerNation

Re: With Primeau out, does that increase the probability...

Postby BCHill on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:00 pm

NIN wrote:
guiner wrote:that we can dish Leclair or Recchi back to the Flyers. I hope so.

g

Probably but he has'nt had a great season since 2000-2001. He has only played in 54 games in 03-04 and a mere 9 this season. The FLyers have been winning regardless and I don't see it as anymore added pressure. Nedved has given them some depth but the intangebles Primeau adds are not going to be filled by Nedved. I don't see how Recchi's depth and versatility could hurt them but he does take a chunk out of any teams cap and I don't know what the deal was/is with Recchi and that locker room.

LeCLair might be wanted back there but I doubt they would aim that low, not when they are paying so much already just to free cap for greater talent. I suspect that they might try for a bigger name player like Madden.

There are some players in Philadelphia that would love to have Recchi or LeClair back. Both still have many friends on the team despite the large number of new players this year. Turner Stevenson and Recchi are still very good friends from their Montreal days. Esche and Recchi are very close, and Gagne looks up to him - they had roomed together for quite a few years and Gagne looks at Recchi as a mentor. LeClair and Therien have a business venture together. The Flyers power play is struggling and Recchi would make a great addition at the point. The Pens power play has surged since he's been there. With Prmeau officially out now, Hitchcock would love to have Recchi back since he is one of the players who sold the Hitchcock concept to the rest of the locker room.

That said, I don't think Recchi is going anywhere and I don't think LeClair is going back to the Flyers.
BCHill

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins