There is not enough Canadian Jam on this team.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

There is not enough Canadian Jam on this team.

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:58 pm

Rick Tocchet.
Bryan Trottier.
Ronnie Francis.

Craig Patrick has a [liking] for American born players. Whether he gets kickbacks from the state of PA for signing them is beyond even a "troll" !!!!(a name given to people from people that think they own the message boards...)

Ryan Malone. You have to threaten his job 4 or 5 times for him to do anything. Ryan Whitney. He sure as hell doesn't look like Paul Coffey yet does he? Boguniecki - hmm.

3 names for you. LeCavalier, Richards, St.Louis. Wonder where they're from?

I'm sure NIN has some smart-ass response before someone with any balls around here gets banned. LOL
Morozov

Re: There is not enough Canadian Jam on this team.

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:03 pm

Morozov wrote:Rick Tocchet.
Bryan Trottier.
Ronnie Francis.

Craig Patrick has a [liking] for American born players. Whether he gets kickbacks from the state of PA for signing them is beyond even a "troll" !!!!(a name given to people from people that think they own the message boards...)

Ryan Malone. You have to threaten his job 4 or 5 times for him to do anything. Ryan Whitney. He sure as hell doesn't look like Paul Coffey yet does he? Boguniecki - hmm.

3 names for you. LeCavalier, Richards, St.Louis. Wonder where they're from?

I'm sure NIN has some smart-ass response before someone with any balls around here gets banned. LOL

I thought Jackman was Canadian? Whether or not he drinks alot or Patrick drinks alot is their respective problems. Unless of course Patrick traded for him because he doesnt like to drink alone (<--smartass enough for you?).

I don't know where your going with this but maybe you should drink less too. I havent touched a drop since New Year's and my typing has improved dramatically. :)
NIN

Yea, Jackman is Canadian.

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:08 pm

and he is 6th on the team in scoring -- not knowing his role half the time. Whether a person drinks or not doesn't mean a thing. Any one can be "whipped" for a couple months. It doesn't make them a better person - only to their wife. They'll trade him, and he'll thrive somewhere else.
Morozov

Re: Yea, Jackman is Canadian.

Postby pfim on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:10 pm

Morozov wrote:and he is 6th on the team in scoring -- not knowing his role half the time. Whether a person drinks or not doesn't mean a thing. Any one can be "whipped" for a couple months. It doesn't make them a better person - only to their wife. They'll trade him, and he'll thrive somewhere else.

I agree. If I send you my wife's email address, will you tell her that?

He's "thrived" here, he isn't getting any better, maybe more tolerable I guess.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:14 pm

Maybe Pens fans arent drunk enough? Maybe, because of our accursed sobrioty. Are we actually having a GREAT seaosn? :?
Last edited by NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIN

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:14 pm

What other right hand shot are you going to put on the PP??? I can remember Kovalchuk lighting up the Penguins quite a few times... Jackman has the same potential - if they're not rotating him in and out of the lineup all the time.

But folks, that's for next year...
Morozov

Postby Morozov on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:16 pm

NIN wrote:Maybe Pens fans arent drunk enough? Maybe, because of our accursed sobrioty. We are actually having a GREAT seaosn? :?

Dude, you're the one making spelling mistakes. I hate to bring up that ridiculous "message board argument".

Don Cherry can be HAMMERED and still know that this team is too soft>>>
Morozov

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:19 pm

Morozov wrote:
NIN wrote:Maybe Pens fans arent drunk enough? Maybe, because of our accursed sobrioty. We are actually having a GREAT seaosn? :?

Dude, you're the one making spelling mistakes. I hate to bring up that ridiculous "message board argument".

Don Cherry can be HAMMERED and still know that this team is too soft>>>

Yes the team is too soft. Who is saying they arent?
NIN

Postby Shinoix on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:39 pm

I've said this for a while...way too many American born players drafted or signed etc.

Craig Patrick lives his scouting life in hockey east and i dont get it.

As far as I'm concerned, the rookies that have shown the most promise this year are Crosby, Fleury, Christiensen, Talbot, and Ouellet. Guess what? They're all Canadian!

Malone is starting to play better and showed promise last year, so I'm hoping he was a smart pick. I also have faith in Whitney....but yes when you look at many of the other players on the team and former players, you'll notice the high trend of American born players.

Whitney, Scuderi, Bogs, Jackman, etc. We need a big Canadian born defenseman, or a nasty european type.
Shinoix

Postby pfim on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:48 pm

Shinoix wrote:I've said this for a while...way too many American born players drafted or signed etc.

As far as I'm concerned, the rookies that have shown the most promise this year are Crosby, Fleury, Christiensen, Talbot, and Ouellet. Guess what? They're all Canadian!

Malone is starting to play better and showed promise last year, so I'm hoping he was a smart pick. I also have faith in Whitney....but yes when you look at many of the other players on the team and former players, you'll notice the high trend of American born players.

Whitney, Scuderi, Bogs, Jackman, etc. We need a big Canadian born defenseman, or a nasty european type.

Before he was accused of having a European bias. Ric Jackman is as Canadian as they come...Doesn't matter, it's finding the right players, not the right nationalities. No one complains about all the Americans on the Devils.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:57 pm

pfim wrote:
Shinoix wrote:I've said this for a while...way too many American born players drafted or signed etc.

Before he was accused of having a European bias. Ric Jackman is as Canadian as they come...Doesn't matter, it's finding the right players, not the right nationalities. No one complains about all the Americans on the Devils.

Speak of the Devil, I was disapointed with team USA and particularily Gomez. He has alot of success vs. the Pens but he could'nt make plays happen in the olympics. Tkachuk was out of his league over there too.
NIN

Postby pfim on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:03 am

Speak of the Devil, I was disapointed with team USA and particularily Gomez. He has alot of success vs. the Pens but he could'nt make plays happen in the olympics. Tkachuk was out of his league over there too.

I was disappointed by Gomez at times. I think that Tkachuck played well for the most part, but Jason Blake should have been nowhere near his line. I think a lot of players were misused and a few others just didn't belong on the team, but the fact is that Team USA has a severe lack of talent in the 25-32 year old range.

I thought that Craig Conroy did something positive every time he was on the ice, but couldn't get on the ice...The wrong goaltenders were picked from the beginning, but a lot of people were all over that from the start.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:10 am

pfim wrote:Team USA has a severe lack of talent in the 25-32 year old range.

I thought that Craig Conroy did something positive every time he was on the ice, but couldn't get on the ice...The wrong goaltenders were picked from the beginning, but a lot of people were all over that from the start.

Diepeitro did'nt bother me but once again he did'nt play out of his mind like team USA needed to do to be a serious contender. I liked the play of Conroy, Gionta, Modano, and Rolston. Cole is a good skater but I pretty much hate everything else about his game. The entire defense needs replaced.
NIN

Postby fourtKNOX on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:53 am

Morozov wrote:What other right hand shot are you going to put on the PP??? I can remember Kovalchuk lighting up the Penguins quite a few times... Jackman has the same potential - if they're not rotating him in and out of the lineup all the time.

But folks, that's for next year...

okay im to lazy to look th is up... simply cause i have the flu but i was thinking about this the other day... about our PP next year... obviously crosby, mango salsa, malkin, and gonchar will be on there possibly with a winger that comes in... my pt is... is malkin right handed shot... and if so... i wouldnt be suprised if he plays the point like ovehumpin in washington does!

just curiouso what others know or think!?
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:03 pm

No offense Shinoix, but I've long held the view that this is the most outrageous argument in Hockey.

Who the H3LL cares what a players nationality is?

Don Cherry has made a career out of being xenophobic.

When I first started seriously following Hockey in the mid-late 1970's, European players were viewed as "too soft for the NHL".

Cut me a break. You mean you can't name a dozen soft Canucks?
Tell me Ulfie was soft (Either one).

You want to talk about changing the type of player on the roster, fine, but blaming it on heritage is, well, inane.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Daniel on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:14 pm

Malkin is a LH shot.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Reilly on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:29 pm

well, he IS american
Reilly

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:34 pm

I've always been partial to Canadian jelly. I think it goes really well with Canadian bacon. :lol:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins