Anymore rumors about Hardy?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:00 pm

Bowser wrote:if Hardy invests in any sport, I'm betting baseball.

ewww bad move. Baseball in Pittsburgh is a money pit. They need a cap in that league bigtime.
NIN

Postby HomerPenguin on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:09 pm

dboss wrote:
Draftnik wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I stand corrected.

I remember a speech he gave in 1983 were he talked about travelling the country in a old pickup truck, finding a piece of land that he felt was right for a store and approaching the owner posing as some hick with a wild scheme and offering 'everything he had'. He was so proud of those deals.

Hardy would be a great owner IMO. He's spent a ton of cash on Nemacolin and even gone out of his way to spend $$$ and spruce up downtown Uniontown. Nemacolin is first class in every way and he also managed to get his golf tournament moved from September (up against the NFL) to June starting in 2007 which means he must have put up some serious $$$.

I agree. I think he would do w/e possible to make the team a winner. My only concern would be his hands-on approach to management. If he would allow the hockey operations to be managed by hockey 'people' I think this would be great for the Pens.

Hell, it would be a refreshing change if the current ownership allowed hockey operations to be managed by hockey people. I'm not sure what Craig Patrick is at this point, but it seems clear that he's no longer a hockey person.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby fourtKNOX on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:55 pm

I was just scrolling the net and came across the fact that 84 lumber sponsers the PIHL Penguins cup at Mellon Arena... so this guy actually believe in hockey, and in western PA...

still a far cry from my savior in keeping hockey in pittsburgh... but from all the other facts thrown about in this thread... if the pens do have to get sold... hardy might be our only shot atleast looking to keep the pens here in pittsburgh...

the only thing bad about this whole thing is... if he does by the team... he would likely put up a lot of money... and obviously it would be the lumber yard or something to that effect for the arena name...

couldnt we just ask this dude to politely front the cost of an arena... haha ahhhhhhh only in my dreams!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:57 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:I was just scrolling the net and came across the fact that 84 lumber sponsers the PIHL Penguins cup at Mellon Arena... so this guy actually believe in hockey, and in western PA...

still a far cry from my savior in keeping hockey in pittsburgh... but from all the other facts thrown about in this thread... if the pens do have to get sold... hardy might be our only shot atleast looking to keep the pens here in pittsburgh...

the only thing bad about this whole thing is... if he does by the team... he would likely put up a lot of money... and obviously it would be the lumber yard or something to that effect for the arena name...

couldnt we just ask this dude to politely front the cost of an arena... haha ahhhhhhh only in my dreams!

I would gladly take an "84 Lumberyard Arena" if it meant keeping the Pens here...lol.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:23 am

skullman80 wrote:I would gladly take an "84 Lumberyard Arena" if it meant keeping the Pens here...lol.

Hmmm... 84 Lumber Arena... would it have to be made out of wood?

And all of us thought calling it a 'Barn' was just a cool knickname.

:D
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

hardy just threw

Postby rasbatch on Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:56 pm

a big party for his daughter at nemacolin. My wife worked the setup and it was very extravagant. Kenny G was the entertainment (using the term loosly) :lol: [/i]
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins