The Official Pens vs. Sens game thread 3/1/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby BurghThing on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 pm

20 solid minutes of hockey, there's the Pens we know and love. Maybe Saturday they can play 25!
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:01 pm

okay so... the pens dont get their first three game win streak since feb 04 and they deny me my first 3 game win streak...

but i am proud of the team... yeah they hade their lapse but thats what rookies do... they battled all game... we actually get a freakin bounce on roys goal and we are contending against a stanely cup contender... who would of thunk it

also... goal scorers tonight give me hope that we may not have to rely on crosy for the next 10 yrs... these young guys will come around... and i honestly like the way rita plays... let him learn a system... i like his speed and hands... he hustles he is like a young straka... hopefully his hands come around...

okay so it was a lost tonight and although it is a disappointment because it is my official first... i am pleased with the performance... i think we might have outshot them... fleury gave a few ugly ones up... but like everybody else he is learning...

all and all i thought the pens would play better coming off the break... but yet again i am some what pleased...

sorry for the lose lgpers... my streak is over! :cry:
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:02 pm

BurghThing wrote:20 solid minutes of hockey, there's the Pens we know and love. Maybe Saturday they can play 25!

i would say the pens played a good 35 to 40 minutes of hockey.. if not more... but that is me
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby saveourpens on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:15 pm

This game falls under the category of same old sh*t . Give up the first goal, go to the penalty box, get scored on, let Croz try to split the D for the 5th unsuccessful time, and then try to come back in the third. They really should stop trying to taunt us by making the game close.

After having the thrill of watching champions like Zorzi win the cross-country relay for Italy, Ohno, Hedrick, even Plushenko in figure skating, Russia's run and gun style, I don't know how much more of this I can take.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:16 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:
BurghThing wrote:20 solid minutes of hockey, there's the Pens we know and love. Maybe Saturday they can play 25!

i would say the pens played a good 35 to 40 minutes of hockey.. if not more... but that is me

unfortuantely, that was short of the 60 needed to win in this league... ESPECIALLY against one of the elite teams.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins