The Official Pens vs. Sens game thread 3/1/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Scott on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:45 pm

Oullette has terrible reflexes.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dman66 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:47 pm

NIN wrote:
dman66 wrote:sid feels shame, he loses a faceoff to chara!
:shock:

He does it all!

to think though there was talk of shipping jags up to the islanders for chara, parrish, and scatchard i believe...
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:49 pm

dman66 wrote:
NIN wrote:
dman66 wrote:sid feels shame, he loses a faceoff to chara!
:shock:

He does it all!

to think though there was talk of shipping jags up to the islanders for chara, parrish, and scatchard i believe...

I was hoping for Marleau,Strum, and Rathje from San Jose but I dont even know if that was a consideration. RIght now they could have either STurm or Marleua on the payroll and prospects or cahs for the other 2. AHH well who cares anymore.
NIN

Postby Scott on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:49 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
BurghThing wrote:2 man advantage for over 1:10 and the morons refuse to shoot the puck.

I am disgusted.

I don't have an issue with refusing to shoot.
I have an issue with the inability to gain the zone on a two man advantage.

Blame MT!!! Remember the so called mini camp when they had a week off going into a game agaisnt the Flyers? Same things....NO OFFENSE. The longer they play after MT's little mini camps the better the offense is. Any coincidence? NOPE. They start to stray from his crap system. They start to score. Go figure. HUH?
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dman66 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:53 pm

pothier goal, nice screen by smoke
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:53 pm

Gee they were on a power play and shot the puck and scored.

Hmmm might be a strategy the Pens might want to look into, but no, I think they'll stick with their "dump and don't chase" power play strategy instead.

Wonder if they drunk killer got a point on that one?
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:55 pm

ziggystardust wrote:why put Gonchar on the PK?

and they actually screened a goalie...
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:56 pm

anybody know when the last time the pens scored 3 goals in a period... i dont... it doesnt look good for my winning streak with the thread... but I will not give up hope... there is a first time for everything!

wooooohoooooooooo

lets go pens

i may have just lost my mind!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:56 pm

ziggystardust wrote:why put Gonchar on the PK?

In a tie game never but down 2 he might get a shot at sringing the guy in the box when he came out.
NIN

Postby Scott on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:57 pm

This team lacks talent, no disputing that.
But our coach, the one we all prayed would take over for Edzo, is even worse than the players.

This guy, and his system is a complete joke.

Can you even call it a system?

ASIDE FROM THE TV STAT, AND THE LAST PP,

CAN YOU REALLY SAY WHEN THE PENS HAD A LEGIT SCORING CHANCE?

Dont think so.

MT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the guy, thought he was the answer. I was wrong. He is beyond bad.

Rememebr, most farm teams use that time for making plays, not a system to win it it all in the monors...what a joke.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:58 pm

ziggystardust wrote:no no, dump and chase on a 5 on 3 is fine. It should be a sure fire way to gain the zone.

Not moving the puck effectively enough to get an open shooting lane with a two man advantage is pathetic though.

I don't have a problem with the dump and chase either. Apparently the Pens have a problem with the whole CHASE part of it though. The dump part they have perfected.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BurghThing on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:59 pm

I am so glad I didn't spend money to watch this travesty tonight. Its a good thing they are giving something away next game.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dman66 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:59 pm

heatley goal, nice pass by alfredsson, hopefully they get a goal before the end of the period
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Scott on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:03 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
dman66 wrote:heatley goal, nice pass by alfredsson, hopefully they get a goal before the end of the period

pens are being outclassed.

ZIG,

Pens are being out coached,,,(clearing my throat, and not just this team, but by all the teams. )
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:05 pm

BurghThing wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:no no, dump and chase on a 5 on 3 is fine. It should be a sure fire way to gain the zone.

Not moving the puck effectively enough to get an open shooting lane with a two man advantage is pathetic though.

I don't have a problem with the dump and chase either. Apparently the Pens have a problem with the whole CHASE part of it though. The dump part they have perfected.

I agree, there just is no excuse at all for not at least setting up on a 5-3. If they get it you chase and get back in under 10 seconds. More time then that and its pathetic, not getting in at all is tottally unacceptable.

They lose their hunger for loose pucks when they are on the power play. Thats a team that is thinking too much. Malkin is going to make a HUGE difference for the PP next season.
NIN

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:09 pm

Scott wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:
dman66 wrote:heatley goal, nice pass by alfredsson, hopefully they get a goal before the end of the period

pens are being outclassed.

ZIG,

Pens are being out coached,,,(clearing my throat, and not just this team, but by all the teams. )

Yeah the coaching hasnt been very impressive at all, I think he is making it very very simple due to the current talent pool and inexperiance up front.

I would like to see more movement out there from guys without the puck. Players need to stop thinking so much and get involved. Tire the PK out by moving the puck quickly and confidently. Therrian is afraid to TEST their talent because he fears a ste back.

They cant possibly hit 31st place so he may as well take the kid gloves off and let them be more creative. Assuming he has not yet done that. If he has then maybe this is the best the kids got (thinking of Oullete in particular).
NIN

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:10 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
Its a shame the veterans, led by Recchi, gave up on Edzo. He did great things with the team last season and he could have certainly grown to a winner with the young players

the fans would never of stood for it... i agree... but something needed to be done... you cant argue with that... something needed to be done... you cant trade 20 players... you have to fire the coach!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jmh70 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:11 pm

I hope those who think acquiring goal scorers is a more pressing concern than acquiring defensemen are watching this game. The Pens' defense corps is beyond embarrassing at this point.
jmh70

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:14 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:
Its a shame the veterans, led by Recchi, gave up on Edzo. He did great things with the team last season and he could have certainly grown to a winner with the young players

the fans would never of stood for it... i agree... but something needed to be done... you cant argue with that... something needed to be done... you cant trade 20 players... you have to fire the coach!

I'd prefer the "Don't sign old garbage players to bloated contracts" approach, myself.

TSN announcers both mentioned tonight that Johnson is the pick for number one if the pens... but kessel would be a great number 2 pick... both believe that Johnson will step into NHL line up as a rookie
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby saveourpens on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:15 pm

I've got to admit. It is truly discouraging to watch this team after watching such amazing athletic competition in the Olympics.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:16 pm

on a side note... Duke just lost to FSU... i hate duke almost as much as i hate the flyers...

although i hate fsu as well... but i looooove duke losing!

another premature celebration and the have to clear fsu students off the floor... ... i think they need to put glass up in college basketball!
Last edited by fourtKNOX on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:18 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:

I'd prefer the "Don't sign old garbage players to bloated contracts" approach, myself.

He should have no trouble cracking this roster.

I was of the mindset that getting a goal scorer is #1 early in the season but now they have to address that defense. Malkins great defnesive play wont hurt the D any but you dont want him spending all day in our end.

TSN announcers both mentioned tonight that Johnson is the pick for number one if the pens... but kessel would be a great number 2 pick... both believe that Johnson will step into NHL line up as a rookie
NIN

Postby Scott on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:21 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:

Before any of the draft pick concerns...how about who in the world is going to coach our beloeved young pens?

MT IS NOT THE ANSWER!

In my opinion it isn't even a debate - the first pick should be Johnson. This is the first time i've heard anyone say he'll be NHL ready next season though.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:25 pm

That big german dude is really good.
NIN

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Postby NIN on Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:29 pm

He just Frenched your sister!!
NIN

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins