Leclair, other pens want traded??

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Leclair, other pens want traded??

Postby conforto45 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:18 pm

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cf ... 8568&rfi=6

I personally would hate to see Leclair go to another team...

but at this point in their careers, it isnt about money, they just want to win a cup....

just gotta wait and see i guess
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:42 pm

I can't wait for LeClair to go. Hopefully, the return will be decent.

Don Brennan thinks Mark Recchi will have a new place to play next week as well: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ot ... 4-sun.html. Again, hopefully another decent recurn.

Any veteran on this roster should be dealt away. If they can get something for the likes of Endicott, Cross, Cairns, Roy, Surovy, Jackman, Melichar, Bouginecki, Caron...whoever, they should take it. Only Crosby, Fleury, Whitney, Orpik and possibly Malone & Christensen should be untouchable off this roster.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Leclair, other pens want traded??

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 pm

conforto45 wrote:I personally would hate to see Leclair go to another team...

but at this point in their careers, it isnt about money, they just want to win a cup....

just gotta wait and see i guess

Why on earth would you hate to see him go? He isn't worth anywhere near what he's being paid, and has another year to go. Any move to remove dead weight salary is a good thing.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby conforto45 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:49 pm

he scores goals, he doesnt take penalties, hes good on the powerplay, hes a leader to the younger players...

yea, his salary is a little more then it should be.. who would you like to see him get traded for?
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:21 pm

conforto45 wrote:he scores goals, he doesnt take penalties, hes good on the powerplay, hes a leader to the younger players...

yea, his salary is a little more then it should be.. who would you like to see him get traded for?

Bowser would be the guy to ask about how much of a "leader" LeClair has been. He's one notch above Recchi on the pond scum meter as far as I can tell. Good on the power play? When he's on pace for 7 PP goals this year?

I'd settle for getting him and his salary off the team, frankly. He's not worth much.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:25 pm

If LeClair was a good character guy, would he really welcome a trade, at least publically?

Then again, I didn't see a quote from LeClair even hinting at that so who knows what he thinks?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Recchi is willing to be moved - this is new news

Postby Draftnik on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:33 pm

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Brennan/2006/03/02/1469636-sun.html

LeClair has said previously he would accept a trade.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jamie on Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:56 pm

If Leclair leaves then I say good rifddance, and don't let the door hit your *** on the way out. I really don't think we will get a decent return, but I would be happy to wipe his salary off of the board.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:22 pm

No offense but do any of you honestly do you blame him or any other player that wants out? He's not used to being on a team this bad. Has there been anything remotely positive for the Pens for these guys to hang around any longer even for next year? Malkin isn't going to be enough to change this team around and I honestly doubt you see any big FA's seriously considering coming to the Pens next year like they did this year.

"Fool me once...."
FlyerNation

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:35 pm

FlyerNation wrote:No offense but do any of you honestly do you blame him or any other player that wants out? He's not used to being on a team this bad. Has there been anything remotely positive for the Pens for these guys to hang around any longer even for next year? Malkin isn't going to be enough to change this team around and I honestly doubt you see any big FA's seriously considering coming to the Pens next year like they did this year.

"Fool me once...."

I don't blame him at all. I just want him gone. I never wanted him here in the first place.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

thankfully Sidney didn't pull a Lindros

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:48 pm

FlyerNation wrote:No offense but do any of you honestly do you blame him or any other player that wants out? He's not used to being on a team this bad. Has there been anything remotely positive for the Pens for these guys to hang around any longer even for next year? Malkin isn't going to be enough to change this team around and I honestly doubt you see any big FA's seriously considering coming to the Pens next year like they did this year.

"Fool me once...."

I'm thankful Sidney didn't pull a Lindros and refuse to come here!

flyernation until the pens get good you can talk the talk.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: thankfully Sidney didn't pull a Lindros

Postby FlyerNation on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:19 pm

penny lane wrote:

"Fool me once...."

I don't want to talk the talk. You think I don't wish the Pens were better not only on the ice but a more stabile franchise? I miss 4-5 years ago when our games meant something other than "we beat the Flyers, we can lose 10 in a row and be okay with it". It's like the Browns/Steelers rivalry, it's not even a rivalry anymore. Penny I'm not trying to bust balls here, just trying to be an outside view as to why things aren't really as rosy in Pittsburgh as many here believe even with Malkin coming next year this team will still be near the bottom of the league.
FlyerNation

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:42 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
penny lane wrote:

"Fool me once...."

I don't want to talk the talk. You think I don't wish the Pens were better not only on the ice but a more stabile franchise? I miss 4-5 years ago when our games meant something other than "we beat the Flyers, we can lose 10 in a row and be okay with it". It's like the Browns/Steelers rivalry, it's not even a rivalry anymore. Penny I'm not trying to bust balls here, just trying to be an outside view as to why things aren't really as rosy in Pittsburgh as many here believe even with Malkin coming next year this team will still be near the bottom of the league.

"Penny I'm not trying to bust balls here"
that's a very good thing since I have none to bust. :oops: being of the XX chromosome persuasion :wink: i get your point nevertheless.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:46 pm

FlyerNation wrote:I don't want to talk the talk. You think I don't wish the Pens were better not only on the ice but a more stabile franchise? I miss 4-5 years ago when our games meant something other than "we beat the Flyers, we can lose 10 in a row and be okay with it". It's like the Browns/Steelers rivalry, it's not even a rivalry anymore. Penny I'm not trying to bust balls here, just trying to be an outside view as to why things aren't really as rosy in Pittsburgh as many here believe even with Malkin coming next year this team will still be near the bottom of the league.

I think Malkin will help more than you think. From what I saw in the Olympics, he will help this team in every aspect except goaltending. They will still need much more than just him though.

As far as LeClair, I would not blame him for wanting out. My point was, that if he was the great character guy he is purposrted to be, he would not publically welcome a trade. That was all I was saying. I didn't really care for the signing at the time though.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins