Where's Max?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Where's Max?

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:53 pm

The storyline was that they were sending him to WBS over the Olympic break to work on his offense. Well, the Olympic break is over. They called up Christian [sic, thanks, Bibbsy), but not Talbot. What is going on here?

Oh, I know. Their penalty killing has been so stellar that there is no room for Max right now :roll: .
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:01 pm

Two reasons:

1. WBS is hurting right now for healthy players. I don't have a problem with having Talbot down there playing top line minutes if it helps him become a better NHL player next year.

2. There is a trade in the works and we will be getting back multiple players who would not pass through waivers or are actually defensive centers and they will be in Pittsburgh.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:11 pm

I LIKE #2!!!! Let's Go Trade Deadline!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BJL on Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:20 pm

I think the fact that Christensen pretty much WAS Wilkes-Barre's offense during the Olympic break had something to do with him earning the call up. Max will be back at some point I'm sure.
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:53 pm

I don't think Wilkes Barre factors into it. They've gutted the WB roster before. If they felt Talbost should be up, he would be.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jmh70 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:14 pm

Max has not been called up because he is a below average PKer and is poor in all other situations. Merely working hard every shift is futile if there is so little quality to go along with it.
jmh70

Postby BJL on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:24 pm

netwolf wrote:I don't think Wilkes Barre factors into it. They've gutted the WB roster before. If they felt Talbost should be up, he would be.

Exactly, they're not concerned about that... Christensen knew there was going to be a callup after the break and he made the most of the audition and earned it.
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins