Goligoski wants Pens to draft Kessel

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:31 pm

Reilly wrote:Trading the pick for younger players. What's the point? They won't get equal vaule.

They won't get a player(s) who's better than the player they can draft.

Besides, if you people think this draft sucks, what makes you think teams will want to give up their young superstars (I.E. Gaborik) for a top picK?

Also, anyone who think this draft sucks after Johnson/Kessel need to stop acting like their pro scouts.

To not draft Kessel on the basis that he might not be a sure fire superstar (Ovechkin, Crosby) is such a stupid logic.

Can you tell me the winning powerball numbers? You obviously have insight to the future since you already know they they won't get equal value and they won;t get a player that's better that whomever they might pick.

I never said they should trade it for Gaborik. As a matter of fact, I was one of the people who dismissed it as wishful thinking.

I also never said the draft sucks, only that there are no players they the scouts have tagged as can't miss.

My point (and MrKN's) is that they should be open to it and explore it. I never said they definitely should do anything. I guess exploring your options is idiotic. The Pens should make up their minds now and stick to it no matter what changes between now and then.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Reilly wrote:
Pitts wrote:That would be "they're", or "they are".

great, shut the **** up.

Pitts wrote:A trade should not be ruled out because of the fact that the Pens already have....

a last place team

If you come off all high and mighty, you might want to use proper grammar. But, I see you're a bit too immature to hold a conversation with.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Pitts wrote:This team's GLARING weakness is a total lack of anyone who can score consistantly off of Crosby's, and I would assume next year, Malkin's, numerous feeds.

Not a big deal for Malkin, he'll just shoot and score himself. Having him here will get Crosby more room too because teams will have to choose who to match up on. I am assuming those two will be on separate lines.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:41 pm

I agree netwolf, and I'd hope the pens would be smart enough to use them seaprately most of the time. I still think we need a sniper or two though.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:45 pm

Pitts wrote:I agree netwolf, and I'd hope the pens would be smart enough to use them seaprately most of the time. I still think we need a sniper or two though.

I think Christenson's improvement and Crosby's faceoffs will determine where Crosby plays. If Christenson becomes the player he can, it would make his line that much better and Malkin/Crosby's line one of the best in the league, depending on the other winger. It would still give the Pens two solid lines and even an option to have 3 scoring lines, when the wingers catch up to the center strength. If Crosby can't be a 50%+ faceoff person, he might have to be moved to wing (I am pretty sure he will be that good, just saying).
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Reilly on Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:14 pm

Pitts wrote:If you come off all high and mighty, you might want to use proper grammar. But, I see you're a bit too immature to hold a conversation with.

no one cares, stfu
Reilly

Postby Pitts on Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:13 pm

You must have an awful lot of friends. Such a nice boy.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:47 pm

Pitts wrote:You must have an awful lot of friends. Such a nice boy.

He's just here to vent and apparently has no interest in debating anything. His opinion is the correct one. Everyone else is wrong. :roll:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:05 am

netwolf wrote:
Pitts wrote:You must have an awful lot of friends. Such a nice boy.

He's just here to vent and apparently has no interest in debating anything. His opinion is the correct one. Everyone else is wrong. :roll:

That I know. I'm not even sure why I'm entertaining him. It's a Saturday and I'm bored I guess! :wink:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins