Question for Pens fans on Nedved

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Question for Pens fans on Nedved

Postby FlyerNation on Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:59 pm

Is this guy the laziest SOB ever to play? God I can't stand him, he floats back on defense a must for a Centerman in Hitch's system, rarely goes into the corners and when he does he gives minimum effort. I can't tell you how many times his linemates RJ and Knuble have worked their butts off to cycle the puck only to have Petr just lose the puck or make a bad pass.

I know he was a great offensive player when he was here and I'm sure his desire has wained since those horrible years w the Smurfs and being dumped in Phx, but did this bum ever give effort? It seems when he was here he played on talent alone but when that talent drops a bit you need to make up for it with effort. Did you guys like him or saw some of the same poor habits that I do?

Thoughts?
FlyerNation
 

Postby DelPen on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:09 pm

Offensively he used to give effort. But you will never get him to back check. He wants to score and that's it.

His career took a nose dive when he stupidly challenegd Bob Boughner ina fight a few years ago and Boughner broke his nose. Afetr that Nedved has been a bum.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,207
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby FlyerNation on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:18 pm

DelPen wrote:Offensively he used to give effort. But you will never get him to back check. He wants to score and that's it.

His career took a nose dive when he stupidly challenegd Bob Boughner ina fight a few years ago and Boughner broke his nose. Afetr that Nedved has been a bum.


He challenged Boughner? Well he's dumber than I thought.

How about Clarkes comment a few years back

Clarke made the comment in 1998, when Nedved and Pavel Bure were on the trade block after failing to come to terms with their clubs. "What makes you think these guys are not going to walk out on the next team they go to?" Clarke told the Camden (N.J.) Courier-Post in rejecting trade rumours involving the two snipers. "Bure's just as dumb as Nedved, and Nedved is an idiot."

Whose the idiot now Clarke?
FlyerNation
 

Postby jjwags on Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:49 pm

He has played like all season with the Yotes.
he was only getting 4th line duties with the Yotes.
I think his better days are way behind him
jjwags
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Postby Scott on Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:48 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
DelPen wrote:Offensively he used to give effort. But you will never get him to back check. He wants to score and that's it.

His career took a nose dive when he stupidly challenegd Bob Boughner ina fight a few years ago and Boughner broke his nose. Afetr that Nedved has been a bum.


He challenged Boughner? Well he's dumber than I thought.

How about Clarkes comment a few years back

Clarke made the comment in 1998, when Nedved and Pavel Bure were on the trade block after failing to come to terms with their clubs. "What makes you think these guys are not going to walk out on the next team they go to?" Clarke told the Camden (N.J.) Courier-Post in rejecting trade rumours involving the two snipers. "Bure's just as dumb as Nedved, and Nedved is an idiot."

Whose the idiot now Clarke?


Clarke has always been an idiot. THat is the difference. Nedved just grew into that. Clarke is no GM. Never will be.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,920
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Re: Question for Pens fans on Nedved

Postby Daniel on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:39 pm

I read an article that suggested that Nedved did well with the Pens because he was afraid Mario would kill him. Is Derian Hatcher still a Flyer? :D
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,109
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Dallas

Postby netwolf on Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:57 pm

I always remember him as floating on defense, prone to taking hooking/holding penalties. Back when he was here though, he was really good on draws and had a wicked wrist shot, so his offense made up for it.

Now, I'm not sure that's the case.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,346
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby ivand87 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:29 am

Is it me or aren't Clyers fans supposed to be trashed on a Pens' board no matter what they say or ask about?? :o :)
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,152
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:57 pm

Postby FlyerNation on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:27 am

ivand87 wrote:Is it me or aren't Clyers fans supposed to be trashed on a Pens' board no matter what they say or ask about?? :o :)


You must be a noob. Go ahead take your shot.

Nedved cost us the game the other night with a lazy 4 minute high stick penalty.
FlyerNation
 

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:38 am

FlyerNation wrote:Nedved cost us the game the other night with a lazy 4 minute high stick penalty.


Nedved didn't cost you the game here on the Island. Going 1 for 6 on the PP did. The 'Fat man' is losing it in Philly. Winless since the Olympic break. Let's see how the Flyers respond to adversity.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Bowser on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:38 am

Petr Nedved has been irrelevant since 1999.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,963
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby FlyerNation on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:10 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
FlyerNation wrote:Nedved cost us the game the other night with a lazy 4 minute high stick penalty.


Nedved didn't cost you the game here on the Island. Going 1 for 6 on the PP did. The 'Fat man' is losing it in Philly. Winless since the Olympic break. Let's see how the Flyers respond to adversity.
They'll fold. He has no control on their disipline with the puck on the ice. It's been tough for him to get his team to play as a unit because of the injuries. There is no cohesion and the passion especially from Forsberg is gone. The team will be lucky to win a couple games in round 1. They are a mess.
FlyerNation
 


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dan H, sjnhiils, TrueNorth and 6 guests

e-mail