MT looked like a genius in the AHL..

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Scott on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:31 pm

NIN wrote:
Scott wrote:NIN, you are amazing.

Will you ever read something as it is written?

Not by me, but anyone.

You do this with everyone. Everyone gets what they write, but you.

Warm does not mean a flaming inferno.

Damp does not mean saturated.

By the way, just out of curiousity, how old are you?


Keep measuring those NHLers sticks while you are up in "E" section.

You do know why I am saying that? I will remind you. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO made that statement.

That is right, you were just in the locker room and sized him up for that stick.


Get a life toker.


Well you did a great job at bailing out of this conversation because you were proven wrong early and often. I am still waiting for a comment from you that carries any real significance on this topic.
Impossible for you to follow along, yet another example here.

With that kind of dodgeing you could run for govener! Then you could make even more money!
You did the dodging. Tell us more about the time you sized up Whitney's stick. (it is dodging without the e)Do I hear a puffing sound?(govener..is that how they spelled that at your school?)I think you meant governor.
How old are you? Oh, you dodged that too.

I will still be an "E" section bum and you will remain a "C" section yuppie. Sound great to me!

"E" section only has to do with your judgment of Whitney's stick. That and on tv. Are you going to tell us that Gonchar doesn't lace his skates tight enough? I am sure that was coming next week.
Sitting in any section is better than not attending. Nothing wrong with "E" section.
That section doesn't make you a bum. Just being yourself has made that a reality.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,923
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:33 pm

Scott wrote:
"E" section only has to do with your judgment of Whitney's stick. That and on tv. Are you going to tell us that Gonchar doesn't lace his skates tight enough? I am sure that was coming next week.
Sitting in any section is better than not attending. Nothing wrong with "E" section.
That section doesn't make you a bum. Just being yourself has made that a reality.


Okay, so are you done talking about the subject of this thread? A thread that you created? Or should we just talk about how great you are at coaching squirts?
NIN
 

Postby Scott on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:36 pm

NIN wrote:
Scott wrote:
"E" section only has to do with your judgment of Whitney's stick. That and on tv. Are you going to tell us that Gonchar doesn't lace his skates tight enough? I am sure that was coming next week.
Sitting in any section is better than not attending. Nothing wrong with "E" section.
That section doesn't make you a bum. Just being yourself has made that a reality.


Okay, so are you done talking about the subject of this thread? A thread that you created? Or should we just talk about how great you are at coaching squirts?


Sure. Ask away. ;)
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,923
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:01 pm

Do you beleive that the Penguins should be running Squirt level drills?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=checkmate
NIN
 

Postby Scott on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:51 pm

NIN wrote:Do you beleive that the Penguins should be running Squirt level drills?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=checkmate


From some of the things that I have seen this year, yes they need to practice little things. How many times did our "professional" athletes mess up the ever simple line change? Several. All the time.

It is not just about squirt, or mites, or any youth level of any sport. Players of all LEVELS in ALL SPORTS need coaches. Reminding or to refresh even if it is of the most simple things.

Why don't you send out a memo to all pro teams that they have too many coaches. Why? AS you said, they are professionals.

Do you drive backwards to work? Put your clothes on backwards? Stuff that you think is stupid, is actually important.

The ONLY TIME any professional athlete doesn't need coaching is motivation time for playing in the game itself. That he should be able to do on his own.

I am sure you never played any organized sports, and if you did I am sure you were riding the pine.

Hillarious how you discount the little things of sports yet the "Professionals" at Mellon arena have such a hard time executing a line change, etc. They may be simple, but if the team can't execute them, suddenly it is not so simple any more.

Take a trip up to Latrobe and watch the Steelers camp. Oh no, what is this,,,they are practicing stuff that POP WARNER kids practice. How could that be? They are professional.

If any other NHL team ******** up the little details of the game,(like a line change) you can bet they would be working on that ..simple thing...until it was corrected.

YES EVEN THE PROS NEED FUNDAMENTALS!

I am done talking about this with you. You will never ever understand SPORTS of all levels.

Don't ever coach anything. Please. No group of kids or people need ruined by you.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,923
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Postby alain blanc on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:47 pm

For me MT do what he can...but this team need more team, these player need more time, they just discover the nhl's play rythm, it's hard!!!!So we must be patient (it's hard i know!!!but Do we have the choice....???)
Don't forget the CP' error!His free agent market was terrific!
So i hope next year will be better!!!!
alain blanc
 

Re: where do you write to get that application.

Postby HomerPenguin on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:49 pm

joeypens wrote:if the casino comes in, the pens have the cash then, if not, they are in money problems, and may never get out.

sad to see this happen, but the real problem is the management not the players or the coaches.

patrick must go, and get a better gm, if the afford it.


Sorry, no. This team is going to be out of money problems one way or another in the near future. Either they'll be playing under new, presumably wealthier owners in a new money-generating facility in Pittsburgh, or they'll be playing under new, presumably wealthier owners in a new money-generating facility someplace else. Either way money will stop being a problem and an excuse pretty soon.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Location: ...

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:13 pm

In essence Scotty all you have said is that the team sucks. They don't execute line changes and even the most basic of feats. These are your words. The summary of your statements can only mean one thing. One tiny little word that if you had been willing to say from the beginning would have saved you sentence upon sentence of embarrassment.

THE TEAM SUCKS.


By the way. :lol: Coaches are not God. I think your ego has been pumped up to a level that your higher brain functions can't keep up with. I am stoked that you are having so much success with your Squirts but like you said yourself, winning does'nt make Therrian a good AHL coach and it does'nt even make you a good High School coach.

Of course repitition is the hallmark of any skill. If you practice line changes 100 times a day you will get better at line changes. If you practice getting hit into the boards 100 times a day you will know what to expect and how to prepare yourself for the impact better. This is not a breakthrough Scott. I don't see how you can be critical of Therrian when he is doing exactly what you are preaching at a higher level. They are running 3 on 2 drills, breakouts, etc. etc.. These are the high repitition drills NHL players run at the final quarter of the season. For them to run line changing drills today is 100% proof that you think the team sucks.

So do I. Therrian has room to improve too but at least give the guy his own training camp before writing him off. Edzo had an entire STRIKE YEAR and training camp to run line change drills. Therrian is turning the franchise around and if your to dumb to see it then that is your misfortune.
NIN
 

Postby Scott on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:11 pm

NIN, just dont reply to anything I write. Everyone will be better off without your ignorance.

"Scotty"
before you start butchering up my name, why dont you stop hiding behind your childish handle.

Keep toking. Only a few more cells to kill then you will be gone.
Hooray for that.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,923
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:27 pm

Scott wrote:NIN, just dont reply to anything I write. Everyone will be better off without your ignorance.

"Scotty"
before you start butchering up my name, why dont you stop hiding behind your childish handle.

Keep toking. Only a few more cells to kill then you will be gone.
Hooray for that.


I personally wish he wouldn't respond to anyone's posts. It just clutters up the board. Sadly, there is no way to filter posters out of what is displayed.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,806
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:35 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
Scott wrote:NIN, just dont reply to anything I write. Everyone will be better off without your ignorance.

"Scotty"
before you start butchering up my name, why dont you stop hiding behind your childish handle.

Keep toking. Only a few more cells to kill then you will be gone.
Hooray for that.


I personally wish he wouldn't respond to anyone's posts. It just clutters up the board. Sadly, there is no way to filter posters out of what is displayed.


***** ***** *****.
NIN
 

Postby netwolf on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:31 pm

You know, there's no rule that says the roster AND the coach can't be subpar. Maybe they both are less than great. :idea:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,411
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby NIN on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:52 pm

netwolf wrote:You know, there's no rule that says the roster AND the coach can't be subpar. Maybe they both are less than great. :idea:


Maybe MCM and Scotty should just get their own private board so Scott can tell him how much better he is at coaching Squirts than Therrian is at coaching professional athletes and MCM could tell Scotty how Madden steals all of his posts and doesnt give him any credit! :lol:
NIN
 

Postby Scott on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:59 pm

NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:You know, there's no rule that says the roster AND the coach can't be subpar. Maybe they both are less than great. :idea:


Maybe MCM and Scotty should just get their own private board so Scott can tell him how much better he is at coaching Squirts than Therrian is at coaching professional athletes and MCM could tell Scotty how Madden steals all of his posts and doesnt give him any credit! :lol:


Hey NIN, quit acting like the child you are and butchering up my name...atleast until you stop hiding behind the same handle you had 5 years ago when you were 16.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,923
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Postby netwolf on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:07 am

Scott wrote:
NIN wrote:Maybe MCM and Scotty should just get their own private board so Scott can tell him how much better he is at coaching Squirts than Therrian is at coaching professional athletes and MCM could tell Scotty how Madden steals all of his posts and doesnt give him any credit! :lol:


Hey NIN, quit acting like the child you are and butchering up my name...atleast until you stop hiding behind the same handle you had 5 years ago when you were 16.


I think both of you are great friends away from this board and this whole "arguement" is manufactured to help NIN pass me in total posts. It's a conspiracy, that's what this is. :D
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,411
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Defence21, dodint, DontToewsMeBro, lemieuxReturns, offsides, pens_CT, Staggy and 15 guests


e-mail