Translations are back (this time, with Jaromir Jagr's mama)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Translations are back (this time, with Jaromir Jagr's mama)

Postby Tomas on Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:14 am

After a year-long delay, finally, there is an interview worth translating! This time, a long, honest talk with Anna Jagrova, Jaromir's mother. So far, I translated about 1/2 of the article here:

http://letsgopens.com/tomas_translations.php?id=59

There will be many grammatical errors, since I did not have much time to correct them.

Enjoy!

The second half (which I'll translate later) talks about the "umlibical cord-like connection" that they share until now, and about Jaromir's (excessive?) gambling.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Been a while... thanks Tomas!
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:34 pm

Sounds like she misses the Burgh
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:14 pm

How do you like New York?

I can compare three cities: Pittsburgh, which is my second home, and we have been keeping a house there until these days. Even now I can go meat shopping, and my friends always laugh: “Yeah, we know that the best meat used to be in Pittsburgh…â€￾ I miss that city.

And then you moved to Washington…

…and I really did not like it there. It’s a political city, a lot of homeless people around the White House, concrete barriers, even the hockey [players] weren’t a coherent group, so Jaromir had there his worst times of his career.

And present New York?

I heard once, that it’s the city that never sleeps, and it true – even at midnight you run into crowds of people. Personally, I’d prefer a more quiet place for living. Pittsburgh.

She is a treasure.
NIN

Postby Ginger on Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:27 pm

JS© wrote:Sounds like she misses the Burgh

Yeah well, so do I. All you people who complain about the place all the time, go live somewhere else for awhile. You'll learn to appreciate what you have there. Maybe no flash or fast lane, but you have to trade off a lot to have those things. I know!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Ginger wrote:
JS© wrote:Sounds like she misses the Burgh

Yeah well, so do I. All you people who complain about the place all the time, go live somewhere else for awhile. You'll learn to appreciate what you have there. Maybe no flash or fast lane, but you have to trade off a lot to have those things. I know!

DAMN STRAIGHT!

I had to move to NY from Pittsburgh because I simply COULD NOT FIND WORK in Pittsburgh (I actaully delivered Pizzas for a while to support my family). I've found success beyond my wildest dreams in NY, but I MISS PITTSBURGH. There is no place in the world like Pittsburgh. No place with the variety the Mountains and valleys and rivers and streams bring. No place with the comfort and security, no place with the beautiful green spaces. No place as AFFORDABLE.

Yes there are another dozen negative things I could name. But all-inall, Pittsburgh is an amazing place. Appreciate it.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Jasmine on Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:59 pm

Nice comments by mom. So bring Jags back! Marty, too!
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:17 am

ziggystardust wrote:Right but, if it is so amazing and "affordable" but has absolutely no job oppertunities you can't live there.

Preaching to the Choir.

ziggystardust wrote:as far as beauty goes, there is some damn nice scenery in New York state, West Virginia, Michigan, Cali, Colorado, the Carolina's, and Michigan. Pittsburgh isn't that special. It doesn't have a monopoly on topography. The economy is ashambles. The population is aging and the city dies a little more every day.

LOL. WV and Up State NY ???? You're joking right? Sure they're beautiful (My family is from WV and I lived in Ithica) But you wanna talk about economics? The poverty in those places is shameful.

California, Colorado? (I lived in Colorado Springs in 1975-76 My brother has lived in the Bay Area for 20+ years.) Those places are overpopulated with A cost of living that's astronomical.

Carolina... Maybe... but it ain't home.

And by the way, name one other city of over 300,000 that has professional sports teams in three sports, a confluence of rivers, mountains, and a cost of living that is in the bottom 20% of the country?

You're right about the economy. It needs fixed in the worst way. But please don't say that the city doesn't have a monopoly on topography. It does.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Bowser on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:37 am

Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania are great, if you work in the right industry, rent to avoid the property taxes, like to eat meat-n-potatoes and refuse to pay attention to the news on tv and newspapers.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:57 am

Bowser wrote:Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania are great, if you work in the right industry, rent to avoid the property taxes, like to eat meat-n-potatoes and refuse to pay attention to the news on tv and newspapers.

Bowser, you and I have connected on other issues before (Some even 'sidebar'), but I gotta take you to task on this issue. Where else have you lived? I've lived in Texas, Mississippi, Colorado, Illinois, Cleveland, Upstate NY, Boston, Providence and now NY. Pittsburgh matches up more than favorably against those places. The limiting factor is definately the economy.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins