NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Haha when you eliminate the Goon detective, another goon, and almost save the Superstar Doctor from being killed by a goon RP, it makes it hard for people to suspect you. I am happy I was converted when I was, because any earlier and I might not have bought enough cred


There is no doubt that you deserve a lot of credit, but I still cant believe how quick the votes were and how quick villagers jump on people with little or no evidence. Later, this played right into your hands.



You made it completely easy for us to keep you alive. Ask Kicksave, we literally every kill night said Keep THG and redwill up. This is hilarious. In the end, playing for yourself made you like a goon.

What did you see in redwill, that made you target him almost everytime?


What is thinking about the game in a logical fashion?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,180
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:48 pm

What did you see in redwill, that made you target him almost everytime?


Nothing. I knew even by me voting for him that a vote would never come against him. The only time I actually kept my vote on Redwill the whole day was when they voted off Senka. I was hoping that as long as people saw a Villager vs Villager fight they would keep their attention on other things going on and how people reacted to us fighting.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:48 pm

What is thinking about the game in a logical fashion?


I think more than anything, the whole Redwill/THG thing obviously gave everyone something to rally around, goons and hero's alike. When I first started THG I was in the same boat, I was outbursty loud and confusing. It got me killed, but I learned. Welcome to the neighborhood.

:thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,949
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
What did you see in redwill, that made you target him almost everytime?


Nothing. I knew even by me voting for him that a vote would never come against him. The only time I actually kept my vote on Redwill the whole day was when they voted off Senka. I was hoping that as long as people saw a Villager vs Villager fight they would keep their attention on other things going on and how people reacted to us fighting.



a villager vs. villager fight isn't good though. You caused confusion. People thought you specifically were a goon. Then people just grew tired of it and wanted it to end.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,949
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:51 pm


a villager vs. villager fight isn't good though. You caused confusion. People thought you specifically were a goon. Then people just grew tired of it and wanted it to end.


I see your point, but I was banking on the fact that the SuperStars wouldn't vote off a known SuperStar. I was wrong.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:

a villager vs. villager fight isn't good though. You caused confusion. People thought you specifically were a goon. Then people just grew tired of it and wanted it to end.


I see your point, but I was banking on the fact that the SuperStars wouldn't vote off a known SuperStar. I was wrong.


You weren't a known superstar. No one cleared you. Not to mention it behooves the town to remove players that cause massive confusion.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,180
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:

a villager vs. villager fight isn't good though. You caused confusion. People thought you specifically were a goon. Then people just grew tired of it and wanted it to end.


I see your point, but I was banking on the fact that the SuperStars wouldn't vote off a known SuperStar. I was wrong.



Whenever confusion is caused, people assume you're doing it to cause chaos. Then when you haven't been voted off and you're still doing it? Suspicious.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,949
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:11 pm

There is no doubt that the village doesnt like confusion, and I dont think it helped that people didn't understand what I was trying to achieve. People try and get rid of what they dont understand. This is going to make for an interesting strategy in the next game. There is no doubt I will be the first off for sure.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:13 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

a villager vs. villager fight isn't good though. You caused confusion. People thought you specifically were a goon. Then people just grew tired of it and wanted it to end.


I see your point, but I was banking on the fact that the SuperStars wouldn't vote off a known SuperStar. I was wrong.


You weren't a known superstar. No one cleared you. Not to mention it behooves the town to remove players that cause massive confusion.


I was under the impression that from the start you thought I was a townie, and Shaf did too. Shaf just had enough of me calling out Redwill. After the Senka vote I should have toned it down.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
I was under the impression that from the start you thought I was a townie, and Shaf did too. Shaf just had enough of me calling out Redwill. After the Senka vote I should have toned it down.


I knew you were townie because of how you were acting. That doesn't mean you're clear. The only players that can clear someone 100% are the cop or JOAT. Other than that it's deductive reasoning and patterns of play.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,180
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:There is no doubt that the village doesnt like confusion, and I dont think it helped that people didn't understand what I was trying to achieve. People try and get rid of what they dont understand. This is going to make for an interesting strategy in the next game. There is no doubt I will be the first off for sure.


Again stop trying to twist this like it was some brilliant play on your part. It wasn't.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,180
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Juice on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,714
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Also I can crowbar.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.

THG, Juice does provide a good starting point for you to play a proper townie game. I will say these are not set in stone but are a good starting point for someone like you who is new to the game.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,180
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby count2infinity on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.


i got 1,2 and 3...not i have to work on 4 5 and 6 ha ha
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:There is no doubt that the village doesnt like confusion, and I dont think it helped that people didn't understand what I was trying to achieve. People try and get rid of what they dont understand. This is going to make for an interesting strategy in the next game. There is no doubt I will be the first off for sure.


Again stop trying to twist this like it was some brilliant play on your part. It wasn't.


I am not saying anything I did was brilliant. I did what I thought would help me survive and help the team. My tactics were good but my overall strategy didnt work and my team lost. I dont think anything I did can be categorized as brilliant.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
I am not saying anything I did was brilliant. I did what I thought would help me survive and help the team. My tactics were good but my overall strategy didnt work and my team lost. I dont think anything I did can be categorized as brilliant.

What?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,180
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby count2infinity on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 pm

thehockeyguru wrote: I dont think anything I did can be categorized as brilliant.


ok...let's just leave it at that...
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby jaysmiter on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.


Yup.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,998
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:50 pm
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm

What?


ok...let's just leave it at that...


I dont want to have to go into a whole tactics vs strategy rant. I will chalk this up as a lesson learned and proceed on happily.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 pm

jaysmiter wrote:
Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.


Yup.


Whats the whole point of the 2 day bandwagon? What does that achieve. Wouldnt it be better to start killing the quiets from day 1? Or are you implying a bandwagon on the quiets?
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby beerman on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.


We were so successful doing this the first handful of games we played here. Why everyone got away from it and think we need to have elaborate discussions on day 1 still baffles me.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,185
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Juice on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:30 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.


Yup.


Whats the whole point of the 2 day bandwagon? What does that achieve. Wouldnt it be better to start killing the quiets from day 1? Or are you implying a bandwagon on the quiets?
To avoid 20 pages of confusing noob crap during the first 2 days :pop:
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,714
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Also I can crowbar.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:31 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:
Juice wrote:Creating confusion is never good if you are a villager. Period. It is not some time-honored good strategy.
If you are a villager you should:
1. Bandwagon hard the first 2 days.
2. Kill the quiet ones for the next 5 days.
3. Get some serious discussion going based on what people say up to that point (the baddies will have to talk because they know they will get killed if they are quiet)
4. Kill the baddies as they are tripping over themselves trying to cover up this and recruit that and blah blah blah.
5. Win the game.
6. Read congratulations thread.


Yup.


Whats the whole point of the 2 day bandwagon? What does that achieve. Wouldnt it be better to start killing the quiets from day 1? Or are you implying a bandwagon on the quiets?


You're playing checkers here. You have to play chess. Bandwagoning gives something to go back and look at later in the game in order to deduce affiliations.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,180
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby count2infinity on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 pm

btw, THG, next game make sure that when you quote, you leave the person's name in the quote. when you don't it gets confusing which will cause a good bid of frustration with you and get you axed
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Postby tfrizz on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Haha when you eliminate the Goon detective, another goon, and almost save the Superstar Doctor from being killed by a goon RP, it makes it hard for people to suspect you. I am happy I was converted when I was, because any earlier and I might not have bought enough cred


There is no doubt that you deserve a lot of credit, but I still cant believe how quick the votes were and how quick villagers jump on people with little or no evidence. Later, this played right into your hands.



You made it completely easy for us to keep you alive. Ask Kicksave, we literally every kill night said Keep THG and redwill up. This is hilarious. In the end, playing for yourself made you like a goon.

What did you see in redwill, that made you target him almost everytime?


This is the truth.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,100
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

PreviousNext

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

e-mail