**The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby newarenanow on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Troy Loney wrote:i'm not providing any logic. lol.

I'm just saying i feel like the bad guys are putting us on a wild goose chase for their two recruits and if we start going contradicting their logic and say, maybe they recruited a high profile player, they could just be like, the bad guys wouldn't do that, they'd want to recruit good, quiet players with lower profiles. it seems like they've jumped out here and started us on a steady list of potential kills.


I think your second paragraph is trying to provide the logic you are following.

Why did you vote for twc? Just because?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,138
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby tfrizz on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:42 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:lynch tfrizz

Sticking with my hunch from yesterday...his post was a little "oh hai guise"ish for me. (That's a term I made up for the purposes of this game).


Your voting yesterday really stuck me as reactionary to the Zarovich vote and a safe way to vote away from the pack. It's grasping at straws, so I'm leaving it be right now.

Troy Loney wrote:what is with everyone doing the "if i were bad i'd recruit (insert name)".

Here is how i'm reading all of the subliminal message of all these:

"i am bad and we recruited (insert name 1), but we considered (insert name 2), so maybe everyone will go along with (insert name 2) because he's probably a good idea considering we almost recruited (insert name 2)"


I agree with your reasoning, Troy. It definitely puts suspicion on a few people.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,102
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Why did you vote for twc? Just because?


he's someone i'd like to have called out and get information on.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,629
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby newarenanow on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
Why did you vote for twc? Just because?


he's someone i'd like to have called out and get information on.


I'd like to get some info on tfrizz. And I think we should call him out.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,138
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby tfrizz on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:46 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Why did you vote for twc? Just because?


he's someone i'd like to have called out and get information on.


I'd like to get some info on tfrizz. And I think we should call him out.


What would you like to know?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,102
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:48 pm

tfrizz wrote:What would you like to know?


Why you live in Canada. I mean, it's Canada...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,208
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby tfrizz on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:50 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
tfrizz wrote:What would you like to know?


Why you live in Canada. I mean, it's Canada...


The free health care, good beer, and love of hockey... oh, and family & other stuff like that too.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,102
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby MWB on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:52 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
MWB wrote:Also, do we know how many families or bad factions there are?


That's a good question. There are 5 families in the movie so there could be as many as 5 or as few as 1 depending on how THG wanted to go.

5 families would be ridiculous and dare I say npvesque


Based on the write-ups it seems that there's more than one. It mentions "families" and "dons" instead of just one family. Originally I was thinking that it would just be the Corleones as the baddies, but after looking at the write-ups it seems that there would be more than just the one bad family.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,593
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby doublem on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:57 pm

lynch tfrizz
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby MWB on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:57 pm

tfrizz wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:lynch tfrizz

Sticking with my hunch from yesterday...his post was a little "oh hai guise"ish for me. (That's a term I made up for the purposes of this game).


Your voting yesterday really stuck me as reactionary to the Zarovich vote and a safe way to vote away from the pack. It's grasping at straws, so I'm leaving it be right now.


That's actually a fair point.... In the Snatch game Shaf deflected the original vote on day 1 and was bad. Maybe he did it again?
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,593
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:58 pm

doublem wrote:
lynch tfrizz


wtf is this?
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,208
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby doublem on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:58 pm

lynch tfrizz
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby newarenanow on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:58 pm

MWB wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:lynch tfrizz

Sticking with my hunch from yesterday...his post was a little "oh hai guise"ish for me. (That's a term I made up for the purposes of this game).


Your voting yesterday really stuck me as reactionary to the Zarovich vote and a safe way to vote away from the pack. It's grasping at straws, so I'm leaving it be right now.


That's actually a fair point.... In the Snatch game Shaf deflected the original vote on day 1 and was bad. Maybe he did it again?


Same could be said for tfrizz and voting for Zaro.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,138
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 pm

MWB wrote:That's actually a fair point.... In the Snatch game Shaf deflected the original vote on day 1 and was bad. Maybe he did it again?


I wasn't trying to deflect the vote from anyone on Day 1. I went with the only gut instinct I had on Day 1, and that was tfrizz. I really wasn't buying the BCS vote from the beginning.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,465
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 pm

shafnutz05 wrote: I really wasn't buying the BCS vote from the beginning.


what do you mean you didn't buy it? what is there to buy with a bandwagon? The only people that know BCS was good were the bad guys and bcs...that to me would indicate that your bad.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,629
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Vote Count

(6) - Tfrizz - (Nan, Mac, Shaf, Bhaw, TWC, doublem)
(3) - TWC - (Malka, TL, MWB)
(2) - C2i - (Slappy, PFinDC)
(1) - Zaro - (Relantel)

13 to Lynch
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,127
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby MWB on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:04 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
MWB wrote:That's actually a fair point.... In the Snatch game Shaf deflected the original vote on day 1 and was bad. Maybe he did it again?


I wasn't trying to deflect the vote from anyone on Day 1. I went with the only gut instinct I had on Day 1, and that was tfrizz. I really wasn't buying the BCS vote from the beginning.


That's fine... Just pointing out that you did the same thing in a previous game and you were bad.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,593
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Deadline for this phase will be 7 PM.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,127
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby MWB on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm getting more and more suspicious of Shaf.... After reading through the Snatch thread, he's basically using the same responses that he did then. Could be nothing, but something to at least keep in mind.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,593
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 pm

MWB wrote:I'm getting more and more suspicious of Shaf.... After reading through the Snatch thread, he's basically using the same responses that he did then. Could be nothing, but something to at least keep in mind.


i don't get why, if he were bad, he would do the exact same thing he did last game that eventually go him killed.

blue twc

yellow zaro

lets see what comes of this.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,629
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby MWB on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:17 pm

Yeah, I don't see why he would either, unless he didn't think about it.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,593
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:23 pm

MWB wrote:Yeah, I don't see why he would either, unless he didn't think about it.



shad is stubborn when he thinks he's right about something...maybe he thinks its right, as a bad guy, to defend players early in the game because he knows they aren't bad.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,629
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby doublem on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Something fishy is going on? MWB, TROY and shad? Hmmmmm
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby MWB on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:32 pm

doublem wrote:Something fishy is going on? MWB, TROY and shad? Hmmmmm


What? We are all participating in the discussion?
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,593
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: **The Godfather Wars Official Game Thread**

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:Yeah, I don't see why he would either, unless he didn't think about it.



shad is stubborn when he thinks he's right about something...maybe he thinks its right, as a bad guy, to defend players early in the game because he knows they aren't bad.


haha...the political thread is NOT the NHR Games forum.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,465
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

PreviousNext

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

e-mail