Write a short story

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Write a short story

Postby the wicked child on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:22 am

Yes. I realized I had transposed the names when I was on my phone the other day, but forgot to go abck and change it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:31 pm

a :thumb: for this thread, and the story.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby redwill on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I'll try to have something up tonight or tomorrow.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby redwill on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:19 am

"YOU! ULU!" the creature shouted.

I had heard the conversation between it and Hack. Me, a super-being? I certainly felt no extraordinary powers, other than my sight. I had to do this on my own. Like I had learned on the prison planet of Gurkos Primus. I readied my weapon. I noted the radiation from his belt and realized that this thing must be wearing Telerian body armor. I had one shot. That one shot would expend the armor in a particular region and then I would go in. But I needed a moment of surprise. "Eh?" I said. "Who who?'

"ULU!!"

"Whadya mean, fella? Who's this Urloo?"

"You're Ulu!" he said again.

"Oh, no, my friendly. My name is Sparkle. You know, from the Tipi Sarcophargus Club upstairs?" I gestured vaguely toward the surface. "I thought I was coming to meet a man's man down here." I giggled.

I was met with silence. It was what I hoped for. The creature seemed to be momentarily confused. I pushed forward. "Say, guy, I see you have a human head with you. Oooohhhhhh!!! Put it down for now! Later, I'll show you what we can do with that!" He stood still. I could sense the rusty cogs of his mind churning, tumbling. "I can make your dreams come true, sailor." I pitched my voice into a gentle, motherly tone. "What's your name?" I said with a smile.

Still there was silence. Then he seemed to shuffle back and forth a bit, nervously. "I like girls," he said.

"Oh, I'm sure you do!" I said. "Don't we all?" I smiled knowingly. "But, uh, you're a soldier. I know what that means, believe me! Are you, uh, not getting along with the guys in your barracks?"

"Well," he said, drawing it out for a long while, "sometimes the guys -- they kid me a little. They ... they say I'm weird 'cause I like girls. But, but, I say 'Commander Kretz likes girls'! But they laugh at me. They say he likes girls for dinner and boys for breakfast. I don't know what that means."

"Just relax," I said. "Look, I know the secret to what you need. I think I can help you finally fit in with your mates. Do you want to hear it?" He thought for a moment. He didn't answer, but he leaned ever so slightly forward.

I moved. I raised my blaster and shot at his ribcage, opening his shield. At the same moment, I launched myself at him. I surprised myself that I was traveling almost as fast as my blaster shot. My head penetrated his exposed chest. I first tasted his pancreas. Then I ripped into his liver. Finally, I reached up with my free hand and grabbed his hair. I wrenched him down to the the ground, horizontal to my feast. I reveled as my teeth sunk into his lungs, and then his heart. I pulled my head out of his chest, pieces of his life's muscle still in my mouth.

Covered in his blood, I looked at his face. He was still alive. His eyes were bulging out. He was trying to grasp what was happening to him. I didn't give him any answers. I spit the pieces of his heart into his face. Then I plunged my fingers into his eye sockets. It was more difficult than I thought, but I persisted until my fingers were well into his brain. I pushed my thumb into his nasal cavity and began to smash his skull into the sewer's floor. As I slammed his head into the floor, I twisted my hand, wanting nothing less than to invert his face. His bones and muscles didn't cooperate much, so I had to smash his skull into the floor one hundred and seventeen times. I kept a count. It is a number I will treasure and pass on to my not-yet-born children.

I stood. I washed my hands in the blood from Hackner's head. I smeared the mixed blood of my friend and my conquered foe over my face.

I was calm.

But I was done with their games.

I picked up the justly mutilated corpse of Kretz's bodyguard. I ascended out of the sewers and, carrying the body, I walked the mile or more to the fleet regional headquarters -- Kretz's home office. It was the middle of the night, so no one was around. What a pity. I hung the body on a lamp post in front of the office. I took out my knife and finished gutting the mongrel. I wrapped his intestines around his legs, up around his neck, and finally stuffed the remainder into his mouth. I shouted for someone to come, but there was no one. I drenched my hand in what was left of his blood and wrote one word -- "canaan" -- on the headquarters' front door.

I returned to the sewer entrance and took possession of the Rod of D'Lessio from Hackner's body. I knew what I should do with it, but did I care enough anymore?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby no name on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:50 pm

That reads alot like a post at 1:19 in the morning. I hate to imagine what your night was like.

I havn't laughed that hard in a while, great post.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby redwill on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:24 pm

no name wrote:I hate to imagine what your night was like.

redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Zarovich on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 pm

"I drenched my hand in what was left of his blood and wrote one word -- "canaan" -- on the headquarters' front door."

I lol'd
Zarovich
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby redwill on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:52 pm

I guess Ulu is too busy at the mansion.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:24 pm

redwill wrote:I guess Ulu is too busy at the mansion.

No wonder there are murders when a blind guy is watching the tapes. :pop:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby no name on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 am

Ulu eventually came to terms with his powers and saved the galaxy.

Thanks to all who contributed, or stuck around to read.

I will start a new one in a couple weeks.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 am

A suggestion... perhaps in the OP you can put a link to the beginning of each story. Either that or have a master thread for all stories and an individual one for each. Though one thread would probably suffice provided you do the former.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby redwill on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:57 am

I was just going to post the following:

redwill wrote:I returned to the sewer entrance and took possession of the Rod of D'Lessio from Hackner's body. I knew what I should do with it, but did I care enough anymore?

Apparently not.

THE END
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to NHR Games