*Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:16 am

MWB wrote:I don't think it's unusual for Zaro to get an early vote on him for not talking. It usually doesn't provoke much response though. This could have more to do with there being a potential quota than anything else.


I dont agree with that at all. I believe the Quota idea was something that was unique and also fit the plot of Office Wars. I'll stick with Zaro thank you.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby MWB on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:22 am

Several people, including redwill, mentioned how they thought the quota was a great idea. I'd be surprised if it's a one-time thing. It may not be in this game, but it's not unreasonable to think it could be.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,768
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:25 am

throw ulf in the bog

Benny kind of went out on a limb with that ulf vote last round...i just wonder if he knows something.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,574
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 am

MWB wrote:Several people, including redwill, mentioned how they thought the quota was a great idea. I'd be surprised if it's a one-time thing. It may not be in this game, but it's not unreasonable to think it could be.


Not saying its not a good idea, it is. But what makes you think there is one? We've already went through one day phase with no mention of it. To shoot down a vote or theory based on pure speculation is short sighted.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby Benny Fitz on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 am

To the bog with Ulf

Day 1 reasoning and he seemed to squirm when bhaw applied 1 vote of pressure.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,093
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 am

What's this "quota" your refering to?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,574
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby MWB on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:31 am

thehockeyguru wrote:
MWB wrote:Several people, including redwill, mentioned how they thought the quota was a great idea. I'd be surprised if it's a one-time thing. It may not be in this game, but it's not unreasonable to think it could be.


Not saying its not a good idea, it is. But what makes you think there is one? We've already went through one day phase with no mention of it. To shoot down a vote or theory based on pure speculation is short sighted.


Like I said, I don't know if there is one, but it's possible since so many people thought it was a good idea. Questioning reasoning doesn't equal short-sighted. Would you rather everyone just go along with your vote because you say so?
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,768
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby MWB on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 am

Troy Loney wrote:What's this "quota" your refering to?


Last game someone was able to assign a quota of posts to a player each round. If the player didn't meet the quota, s/he was killed.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,768
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby mac5155 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 am

Troy Loney wrote:What's this "quota" your refering to?


In the last game some random person had a quota of posts they had to meet each day. They didn't know if it was "their day" or the quota until they were dead for not meeting it. It really encourages participation.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,786
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 am

that's pretty cool.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,574
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby MWB on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 am

Troy Loney wrote:that's pretty cool.


It may be cool, but don't suggest that someone may use it again, or thg will call you out on your lack of lengthy sight.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,768
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 am

MWB wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
MWB wrote:Several people, including redwill, mentioned how they thought the quota was a great idea. I'd be surprised if it's a one-time thing. It may not be in this game, but it's not unreasonable to think it could be.


Not saying its not a good idea, it is. But what makes you think there is one? We've already went through one day phase with no mention of it. To shoot down a vote or theory based on pure speculation is short sighted.


Like I said, I don't know if there is one, but it's possible since so many people thought it was a good idea. Questioning reasoning doesn't equal short-sighted. Would you rather everyone just go along with your vote because you say so?


The fact is that Zaro was more quiet in Office Wars when there was a known quota in effect.

I want people to vote with what makes sense to them. What I don't want is people trying to discredit my vote with a claim that is purely speculative.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby Benny Fitz on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:38 am

Not to pick sides in this quarrel of lovers, but this is wars......isn't everything speculative?
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,093
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:39 am

MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:that's pretty cool.


It may be cool, but don't suggest that someone may use it again, or thg will call you out on your lack of lengthy sight.



I will say though that you discounting his vote because there could be a quota, and that's why zaro responded is kind of out there.

I don't think its productive for you to answer for zaro...dont you think zaro should respond to thg's accusation?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,574
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 am

Benny Fitz wrote:Not to pick sides in this quarrel of lovers, but this is wars......isn't everything speculative?



pssh...maybe for you.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,574
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:41 am

Benny Fitz wrote:Not to pick sides in this quarrel of lovers, but this is wars......isn't everything speculative?


Not when it comes to the rules and potential nuances. Do you think that there isn't going to be a quota that someone has to meet in Day 1 and it will magically start Day 2?
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby MWB on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:43 am

thehockeyguru wrote:The fact is that Zaro was more quiet in Office Wars when there was a known quota in effect.

I want people to vote with what makes sense to them. What I don't want is people trying to discredit my vote with a claim that is purely speculative.


Zaro is quiet nearly every game. Sometimes he's bad, sometimes he's good.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,768
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby IrishEyes on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:43 am

throw ulf in the bog

Besides the peeing contest over the potential for a quota, we don't really have that much to go on yet.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby columbia on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:44 am

save ps87
throw ulf in the bog
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,389
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:44 am

Troy Loney wrote:
I will say though that you discounting his vote because there could be a quota, and that's why zaro responded is kind of out there.

I don't think its productive for you to answer for zaro...dont you think zaro should respond to thg's accusation?
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby MWB on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 am

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:that's pretty cool.


It may be cool, but don't suggest that someone may use it again, or thg will call you out on your lack of lengthy sight.



I will say though that you discounting his vote because there could be a quota, and that's why zaro responded is kind of out there.

I don't think its productive for you to answer for zaro...dont you think zaro should respond to thg's accusation?


?
I was simply stating my thoughts on the vote. Isn't that what we normally do? It's gone further because thg didn't like my questioning it, and I keep responding to him.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,768
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby Benny Fitz on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 am

thehockeyguru wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:Not to pick sides in this quarrel of lovers, but this is wars......isn't everything speculative?


Not when it comes to the rules and potential nuances. Do you think that there isn't going to be a quota that someone has to meet in Day 1 and it will magically start Day 2?


I'm inclined to agree with you. Last game it was evident in the write-up that the quota was present. But then again, that was last game. And judging by the welcome we got "Failte to Ireland " (which translates roughly to "1000 welcomes to my twisted game about Ireland") I'd say anything goes...
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,093
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:51 am

MWB wrote:?
I was simply stating my thoughts on the vote. Isn't that what we normally do? It's gone further because thg didn't like my questioning it, and I keep responding to him.



You dont like my vote, dont follow. All I'm saying is you don't have to use pure speculation (which in this case doesn't even make sense given Day 1) to try and discredit my vote on Zaro. You sticking your neck out for a player makes others think you know something. There is no reason for a blue to try and protect anyone from a vote.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby mac5155 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:56 am

zaro to the bog

just...different, for him to be on day 1 AND posting. I know, i know, damned if you do, damned if you dont. Its all I got at the moment.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,786
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: *Irish Revolution Warz Game Thread*

Postby MWB on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 am

thehockeyguru wrote:
MWB wrote:?
I was simply stating my thoughts on the vote. Isn't that what we normally do? It's gone further because thg didn't like my questioning it, and I keep responding to him.



You dont like my vote, dont follow. All I'm saying is you don't have to use pure speculation (which in this case doesn't even make sense given Day 1) to try and discredit my vote on Zaro. You sticking your neck out for a player makes others think you know something. There is no reason for a blue to try and protect anyone from a vote.


Stating pros and cons of a vote isn't meant to "discredit" or "stick your neck out" or "protect." I'm not going to argue about this any more though as it's just becoming a distraction.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,768
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

PreviousNext

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


e-mail