Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby columbia on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 pm

bhaw wrote:
columbia wrote:
bhaw wrote:
Godric wrote:I like warz games.


Will play more.


Save this post. It will help you remember why you got fired in a couple months!


My productivity at work has certainly declined, since I got involved.


Here's a fun question... has anyone noticed or has it affected anything? :)


Apparently, I'm very good at making myself seem indispensable. :fist:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,778
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby obhave on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:53 pm

Godric wrote:I like warz games.


Will play more.


Do you have the attention span for this game? :P
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,704
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Oh Be Hai.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby Godric on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:58 pm

obhave wrote:
Godric wrote:I like warz games.


Will play more.


Do you have the attention span for this game? :P

I think it might be just long enough to play... :lol:

I'm like a gold fish, it frustrates me but I can't help it. :cry:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby obhave on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:11 am

Godric wrote:
obhave wrote:
Godric wrote:I like warz games.


Will play more.


Do you have the attention span for this game? :P

I think it might be just long enough to play... :lol:

I'm like a gold fish, it frustrates me but I can't help it. :cry:


Well I'm glad I convinced you to play :D Just try and read the thread next time before you post things so you know what going on! :lol:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,704
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Oh Be Hai.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby Godric on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 am

obhave wrote:Well I'm glad I convinced you to play :D Just try and read the thread next time before you post things so you know what going on! :lol:


:lol:

MWB and Zaro ..... :oops:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby ulf on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:59 am

Great game greens, god knows you had no help from the blues lol. Thanks obhave, that was a good game!
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,552
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 am

When is the Kraftster and Benny game set to go off?
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,212
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:41 am

Great game obhave and redwill. Lot's a fun. Some twist, but not too crazy. It was a great balance IMO.

I had no idea what was going on the first day or two. I was so busy at work. I was the one that held up the PM on Night 2 I believe. But once I got into it, I really enjoyed the game.

It was mind boggling to me why rel was protecting Kraftster. I don't ever remember playing a game where there was a green recruit, and I know the others were pretty much outed, so I didn't understand at first why rel was coming out protecting him. But now it's easy to see.

I thought MWB was red at first, but he made some pretty convincing posts as to why he was blue IMO. I thought that was a bad vote, but it ended up working in the end.

Kraftster, that was a great play on the role block. Once rel came out, I struggled with who to protect. I told obhave to PM me when the other PMs were in because I didn't want to hold up the game, but I kept going back and forth on who to protect. They kept coming after me except for that one night that you used the role block. that was huge and the turning point of the game. Not only did it allow the rest of the village to completely trust you, but it outed columbia. That was a great move, no matter how lucky it may have been.

I honestly think the odds on both sides were pretty even. It had to take a lot of luck to have some things work out for the greens/blue. And we lost pretty much a day 1/2 due to modkills. I think it worked both ways.

Great game though. Lot's of fun.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,211
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:44 am

PS - the reason I didn't protect rel that final night when he died was because the game was pretty much over by then. It was down to c2i and Benny for the most part. I protected myself because it gave a guarantee green player that everyone could trust just in case there was another twist and it wasn't one of those two.

There wasn't really anything else rel could do at that point. Everyone was pretty much cleared and we had the numbers to take the chances on those two.

That was my logic behind it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,211
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby columbia on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 am

^^^

It made sense to me, at the time.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,778
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:46 am

When we almost had the game locked up Rel looked into me. Definitely was a big :face: IMO.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,212
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby IrishEyes on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:53 am

Awesome game, obhave. I had a lot of fun.

Zaro, that's twice you shot me. I'm starting to think you just don't like me. :lol:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby Kraftster on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 am

newarenanow wrote:PS - the reason I didn't protect rel that final night when he died was because the game was pretty much over by then. It was down to c2i and Benny for the most part. I protected myself because it gave a guarantee green player that everyone could trust just in case there was another twist and it wasn't one of those two.

There wasn't really anything else rel could do at that point. Everyone was pretty much cleared and we had the numbers to take the chances on those two.

That was my logic behind it.


Well, if you had protected Rel, it would have given us a guaranteed green player too : :P One with possible information for the village (luckily I had it too). That was my thinking.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,772
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby Kraftster on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:57 am

thehockeyguru wrote:When is the Kraftster and Benny game set to go off?


We should get the sign up thread up today to start whenever we are ready next week.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,772
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby Gaucho on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:00 am

newarenanow wrote:I honestly think the odds on both sides were pretty even. It had to take a lot of luck to have some things work out for the greens/blue. And we lost pretty much a day 1/2 due to modkills. I think it worked both ways.

Great game though. Lot's of fun.


:thumb:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,665
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:01 am

Kraftster wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:When is the Kraftster and Benny game set to go off?


We should get the sign up thread up today to start whenever we are ready next week.


Good deal I was hoping that your game would be ready. I am going to Canada the week of the 15th and was hoping to post a signup thread for the Battle of Gettysburg on the 20th.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,212
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:01 am

IrishEyes wrote:Awesome game, obhave. I had a lot of fun.

Zaro, that's twice you shot me. I'm starting to think you just don't like me. :lol:


He's not the only one :lol:
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,212
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:04 am

Kraftster wrote:
newarenanow wrote:PS - the reason I didn't protect rel that final night when he died was because the game was pretty much over by then. It was down to c2i and Benny for the most part. I protected myself because it gave a guarantee green player that everyone could trust just in case there was another twist and it wasn't one of those two.

There wasn't really anything else rel could do at that point. Everyone was pretty much cleared and we had the numbers to take the chances on those two.

That was my logic behind it.


Well, if you had protected Rel, it would have given us a guaranteed green player too : :P One with possible information for the village (luckily I had it too). That was my thinking.


Yeah, but if there was a twist, and it wasn't one of those two, rel would have been dead the following night, leaving no one. I was guaranteed to live until the end.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,211
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:04 am

Good game by the greens. they had our number. I will say though that the recruiting rules in this game were limiting. First off, 1/2 the players were unable to be recruited which should have been told to us and then we would'nt have wasted a night trying to recruit mwb. so that recruit fails and we think he's an independent. And also, we couldn't recruit till the third night, then that bhaw thing happens right after, and we can't recruit anyway.

I guess if your going to give the reds the ability to recruit, don't give them a 50%+ chance of it failing.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,857
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby obhave on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:06 am

Just of curiosity for more experienced mods, when it came to teib and fleury495 requesting to be modkilled due to inability to post, should I have done that? Or should of left them in the game?
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,704
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Oh Be Hai.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:07 am

thehockeyguru wrote:When we almost had the game locked up Rel looked into me. Definitely was a big :face: IMO.


Actually, I thought that was a great look. There are a handful of people that seem to blend in nicely whether good or bad, and I think you are one that always leaves a question in my head, and maybe in others. Seeing that you were blue, it could put complete trust in you. Guys like canaan, Troy, bhaw, Senka, and you (and maybe a few others) are very tough to read IMO. If you are bad, you can string along and direct kills w/o getting much suspicion on you. And if you are good, it is a good person to rely upon.

You have to look at it from the view that we have no idea if you are telling the truth or not. Honestly, when he looked at you, it made me look at the game differently and start feeling like I knew who some of the bad guys were.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,211
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:11 am

obhave wrote:Just of curiosity for more experienced mods, when it came to teib and fleury495 requesting to be modkilled due to inability to post, should I have done that? Or should of left them in the game?


That is a no win situation, especially if there are more than one. I think you made the right move, it just made it difficult.

I don't think you should have killed Zaro though. I know what he did was wrong, but at the same time, it didn't really change anything. He was a pivitol player and could have changed the game good or bad.

I know a lot of people hate night talking, but I think it's a part of the game, and if someone does talk because they didn't pay attention to the rules (I know I just skim through at the beginning and miss those things) and are a big role to the game, it just kind of changes the game. It's like the refs dictating the game and not the players.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,211
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:11 am

newarenanow wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:When we almost had the game locked up Rel looked into me. Definitely was a big :face: IMO.


Actually, I thought that was a great look. There are a handful of people that seem to blend in nicely whether good or bad, and I think you are one that always leaves a question in my head, and maybe in others. Seeing that you were blue, it could put complete trust in you. Guys like canaan, Troy, bhaw, Senka, and you (and maybe a few others) are very tough to read IMO. If you are bad, you can string along and direct kills w/o getting much suspicion on you. And if you are good, it is a good person to rely upon.

You have to look at it from the view that we have no idea if you are telling the truth or not. Honestly, when he looked at you, it made me look at the game differently and start feeling like I knew who some of the bad guys were.



The game changer for me other than your good work as seer was the Day killing of MWB. When he came back blue and I was able to see who got in on that vote, and it was very easy to see who was Red at that point. The fact that I sat back on that vote should have been reason enough not to look into me.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,212
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby obhave on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:13 am

newarenanow wrote:
obhave wrote:Just of curiosity for more experienced mods, when it came to teib and fleury495 requesting to be modkilled due to inability to post, should I have done that? Or should of left them in the game?


That is a no win situation, especially if there are more than one. I think you made the right move, it just made it difficult.

I don't think you should have killed Zaro though. I know what he did was wrong, but at the same time, it didn't really change anything. He was a pivitol player and could have changed the game good or bad.

I know a lot of people hate night talking, but I think it's a part of the game, and if someone does talk because they didn't pay attention to the rules (I know I just skim through at the beginning and miss those things) and are a big role to the game, it just kind of changes the game. It's like the refs dictating the game and not the players.


Okay, I will keep that in mind for next time
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,704
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Oh Be Hai.

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:15 am

newarenanow wrote:
obhave wrote:Just of curiosity for more experienced mods, when it came to teib and fleury495 requesting to be modkilled due to inability to post, should I have done that? Or should of left them in the game?


That is a no win situation, especially if there are more than one. I think you made the right move, it just made it difficult.

I don't think you should have killed Zaro though. I know what he did was wrong, but at the same time, it didn't really change anything. He was a pivitol player and could have changed the game good or bad.

I know a lot of people hate night talking, but I think it's a part of the game, and if someone does talk because they didn't pay attention to the rules (I know I just skim through at the beginning and miss those things) and are a big role to the game, it just kind of changes the game. It's like the refs dictating the game and not the players.



I didn't like zaro doing that. he basically used the night phase to tell you that he had a kill that night. He had just killed the night before so it wasn't really apparant that he had a kill. Not that it would have changed anything, but night talking was disallowed, and letting the other rps know that he had a kill that night was strategic.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,857
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

PreviousNext

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

e-mail