*** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby redwill on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Congratulations to JToR for 1000 pages!

The game is done.

PFIDC was the last baddie.

Village wins!

I'll have what little details you don't know in a little while!
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,087
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:24 pm

I still dont see what makes me a baddie :pop:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,839
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:24 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:I still dont see what makes me a baddie :pop:


A dead Baddie... please visit the post game "Dead Thread" :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby relantel on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Yay. I guess I was impatient and right.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,431
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby relantel on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm

really was kraft not voting for thg which made me switch my vote.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,431
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby redwill on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks to all for playing in my Experiment #3. Thanks especially to Kraftster who got some discussion going where there seemed to be only empty spaces.

EPP was the first baddie. He had a recruit which he didn't have time to use. He was replaced by PFIDC, the second baddie.

I wanted to separate the baddies so that they couldn't communicate. But I didn't want them to kill each other. So I staggered the baddies: If EPP died without making his recruit, a blue would be randomly selected to replace him. That was PFIDC.

SDD was the seer. He investigated EPP on night one.
relantel was the angel.

I can go back and figger out who voted for whom on any night, if you like.

thg was again the key player, IMO. He went after EPP on Day 1 for no good reason, but he later pushed for PFIDC. How he got that I'll never know.

SDD voted for PFIDC right after PFIDC became the baddie. Again, weird.


If you have any specific questions, I'll answer them.

Thanks again for playing.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,087
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 pm

I seered EPP, slappy, and nan before being killed. Never got to really use my abilities since slappy was killed the same night I seered him and I was killed the night I seered NAN. I seered EPP on a hunch. Luckily thg voted for him to and that created a bit of a run.

I voted for PDIFC before trying to get a tie to prevent canaan from being killed. PDIFC's explanation as to why he voted the way he did seemed suspicious to me but looking back it was probably the actual reason. I was also just making a vote to keep the vote total tied so no one would be voted off. That way I could seerer NAN that night since canaan claimed to be blue.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,821
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:13 pm

What are the results of these experiments.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,776
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby columbia on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Experiment suggestion:

A variation on this theme, where the voting/discussion is fully in the open but the role (if any) of the dead is never revealed...I suppose that would best work, if the reds weren't aware of each other
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,235
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby Kraftster on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:23 pm

I thought you were the seer SDD. Other than that I wasn't on the right track very much aside from thinking that EPP might have been red. Don't know that the village could have really won any sooner, though, unless from a lucky kill.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,248
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:32 pm

redwill wrote:thg was again the key player, IMO. He went after EPP on Day 1 for no good reason, but he later pushed for PFIDC. How he got that I'll never know.

If you have any specific questions, I'll answer them.

Thanks again for playing.


Why am I so good?
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,309
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby columbia on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
redwill wrote:thg was again the key player, IMO. He went after EPP on Day 1 for no good reason, but he later pushed for PFIDC. How he got that I'll never know.

If you have any specific questions, I'll answer them.

Thanks again for playing.


Why am I so good?


I'm more interested in the source of your modesty.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,235
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby relantel on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:39 pm

FWIW, redwill had it constructed that two left (me and a red) would not be a draw but would go to the baddies. This was why that day vote was the game, either way.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,431
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:48 pm

columbia wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
redwill wrote:thg was again the key player, IMO. He went after EPP on Day 1 for no good reason, but he later pushed for PFIDC. How he got that I'll never know.

If you have any specific questions, I'll answer them.

Thanks again for playing.


Why am I so good?


I'm more interested in the source of your modesty.


Modesty is for those who stumble upon victory, not those who perfect it.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,309
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby redwill on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:51 pm

newarenanow wrote:What are the results of these experiments.


-. .- -. / ... ..- -.-. -.- ...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,087
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:55 pm

I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby relantel on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:55 pm

redwill wrote:
newarenanow wrote:What are the results of these experiments.


-. .- -. / ... ..- -.-. -.- ...


hey, there's a thread with that title...
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,431
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby relantel on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:57 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.


perhaps. But the way slappy died the next night when he had been 2nd number of votes seemed to suggest the vote had struck blood, and indeed it had. But at the time of your vote, no.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,431
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:01 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.


"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand."
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,309
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:02 pm

relantel wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.


perhaps. But the way slappy died the next night when he had been 2nd number of votes seemed to suggest the vote had struck blood, and indeed it had. But at the time of your vote, no.


Not disputing that... I just think the hubris, from certain posters, is a "bit over the top". THG had an axe to grind with me and admitted the only reason he went after me was because he didn't like the way I had played the prior game. SDD got lucky seeing me that night which sealed my fate.

Had NAN or you Rel been the original "baddie" there's a good chance the game would have turned out significantly different.

In fact, when Redwill sent me my PM, I actually sent him a note of apologies about how the game was going to play out. I actually thought about declining the role (in the best interest of the game) but I don't know how Redwill would have handled that.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.


"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand."


Which would have implicated NAN every bit as much as it did me.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby relantel on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
relantel wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.


perhaps. But the way slappy died the next night when he had been 2nd number of votes seemed to suggest the vote had struck blood, and indeed it had. But at the time of your vote, no.


Not disputing that... I just think the hubris, from certain posters, is a "bit over the top". THG had an axe to grind with me and admitted the only reason he went after me was because he didn't like the way I had played the prior game. SDD got lucky seeing me that night which sealed my fate.

Had NAN or you Rel been the original "baddie" there's a good chance the game would have turned out significantly different.

In fact, when Redwill sent me my PM, I actually sent him a note of apologies about how the game was going to play out. I actually thought about declining the role (in the best interest of the game) but I don't know how Redwill would have handled that.


EPP, that's the breaks. But I suspect had I been the red, after being red when thg was most recently seer two games ago, I suspect I would have been in his crosshairs too.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,431
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I never even made a single comment until long after the bandwagon had started on me. So anyone who says they "knew" I was red is blowing smoke.


"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand."


Which would have implicated NAN every bit as much as it did me.



Yeah, Canaan led that charge and almost succeeded. Someone I believe it was Krafster mentioned about your defence. It didn't help your cause at all and further made you a target. I had no problem with how you played last game, but I knew brining it up would definitely help my cause which was to get rid of you.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,309
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:12 pm

In a game this small it makes it a lot easier to find Red's. Less players to have to eliminate as possibilities.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,309
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: *** Experiment #3 Game Thread ***

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:13 pm

The larger point being it was complete "shot in the dark" in which you luckily hit your target. Not a result of any particular skill.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

PreviousNext

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail