XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Guys, I will be imposing quick deadlines on this game to try and get it over before Christmas. I'm taking 3 more people, then I'm randomizing roles and sending out PM's. I will then post the game thread, and try to collect PM's or Night 1 ASAP, so be ready to go.

3 more should make a good round number for this game.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,774
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby columbia on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:15 pm

4:20 deadline every day?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,328
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:25 pm

columbia wrote:4:20 deadline every day?


:shock: I see what you did there... I guess it's OK... after all, the game is being run by Doc :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:27 pm

3 moar
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,774
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby redwill on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:So I'm trying to learn the roles. What roles are we going to have in this game?

Also, I read something that mentioned lurking and vote changing. Why are these so frowned upon?


Roles: They're up to Doc. The mod creates whatever roles he/she pleases. The mod decides whether to reveal what roles exist in the initial write-up. So no one knows what roles exist, but we may know once the game starts. In the original dozen or so games, what roles existed were always revealed. Then Pavel Bure modded Nintendo Wars and did not reveal what roles existed. We all moaned and complained about that, but it ushered in a new era in game play.

Lurking is frowned upon only because it means participation lags and therefore the game drags (that rhymes!) But lurking is often a strategy. What is really frowned upon is a player not participating and then finding out that that player had no role. That's just laziness. Or nan became a father. Boring. In the end, do whatever you think works for you and you'll be judged at the end of the game. :)

As for vote-changing, don't worry about it. We all change votes if we think conditions have changed. Do what you think is best.

Here's some (unsolicited) advice I gave to a new player a while ago:

redwill wrote:If I could offer some advice, I would say really participate. I've seen a dozen or more people come in for their first game who are confused and timid and so don't do much. It takes all the fun out of it for them and so they decide Warz is not for them. But those who just plunge in and have some fun get hooked. So be bold.

And, if you do it right, you can be like me and get Juice hating you for life. :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,088
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby obhave on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 am

redwill wrote:
Here's some (unsolicited) advice I gave to a new player a while ago:

redwill wrote:If I could offer some advice, I would say really participate. I've seen a dozen or more people come in for their first game who are confused and timid and so don't do much. It takes all the fun out of it for them and so they decide Warz is not for them. But those who just plunge in and have some fun get hooked. So be bold.

And, if you do it right, you can be like me and get Juice hating you for life. :lol:


Was this to me? I feel like it was.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,900
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:56 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby redwill on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:06 am

obhave wrote:Was this to me? I feel like it was.


I never get between a woman and her feelings. So I'm sure it was.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,088
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:25 am

PLZ Let's start today
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,774
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby Kraftster on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:07 am

In
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,255
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby IrishEyes on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:28 am

Okay, okay. In.

/armtwisted
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:35 am

Would love to, but I'm flying to Dublin the day after Christmas.

If Gaucho is willing to let me fly over and visit his home to cast my votes, consider me in.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,785
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby obhave on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:38 am

redwill wrote:
obhave wrote:Was this to me? I feel like it was.


I never get between a woman and her feelings. So I'm sure it was.

Probably a good life choice :lol:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,900
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:56 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby MWB on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:44 am

So is this starting today?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,077
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby count2infinity on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 am

doc, did you miss my "in" on the bottom of page 1 or am i not allowed to play :(
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,973
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 am

Holy **** I guess I did miss it, my bad.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,774
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:53 am

Roles will be decided momentarily, Game Thread will be up within the next 20 minutes.


Sorry to c2i, I legit missed him.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,774
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby count2infinity on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:12 am

no biggie
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,973
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby Juice on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 am

redwill wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:So I'm trying to learn the roles. What roles are we going to have in this game?

Also, I read something that mentioned lurking and vote changing. Why are these so frowned upon?


Roles: They're up to Doc. The mod creates whatever roles he/she pleases. The mod decides whether to reveal what roles exist in the initial write-up. So no one knows what roles exist, but we may know once the game starts. In the original dozen or so games, what roles existed were always revealed. Then Pavel Bure modded Nintendo Wars and did not reveal what roles existed. We all moaned and complained about that, but it ushered in a new era in game play.

Lurking is frowned upon only because it means participation lags and therefore the game drags (that rhymes!) But lurking is often a strategy. What is really frowned upon is a player not participating and then finding out that that player had no role. That's just laziness. Or nan became a father. Boring. In the end, do whatever you think works for you and you'll be judged at the end of the game. :)

As for vote-changing, don't worry about it. We all change votes if we think conditions have changed. Do what you think is best.

Here's some (unsolicited) advice I gave to a new player a while ago:

redwill wrote:If I could offer some advice, I would say really participate. I've seen a dozen or more people come in for their first game who are confused and timid and so don't do much. It takes all the fun out of it for them and so they decide Warz is not for them. But those who just plunge in and have some fun get hooked. So be bold.

And, if you do it right, you can be like me and get Juice hating you for life. :lol:


lynch/salt/delete/waive/unwrap/fire/net/slay/annoy/shank/force choke/lightsaber redwills head off/blast/capture/shoot/stake/drain/bludgeon/bite/eat/unperson/vaporize/tip/pin/stomp/evict/throw redwill into the bog/plant evidence on redwill/accuse/disappear/give nickelback cd's to redwill redwill
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,805
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: beyondauction [16:54:33] you are scammer

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby DocEmrick on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:13 am

:lol:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,774
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby columbia on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:16 am

/var/lib/lynch/salt/delete/waive/unwrap/fire/net/slay/annoy/shank/force

So that's where doc hides his pr0n.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,328
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: XMAS WARZ SIGN-UP

Postby DocEmrick on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:16 am

:pop:

Might be hiding something else in the /var/www/ directory...
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,774
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: 39°6′32″N 76°46′17″W

Previous

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


e-mail