Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby Willie Kool on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks for the game, MRandall.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,029
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Walkin' in a Yinzer Wonderland

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:41 am

MRandall25 wrote:I mean, if I had to do it again, I'd make you give me multiple names (3 or more) and would've random.org'd those names instead of the random number thing.

I think that'd be good.... but I hate the idea of completely taking the outcome that actually occured out of it. (The Alpha RED killing himself). That was the first, and only, time that ever happened right?
As Crank said, it was a nice touch.
I think the odds just worked against you this time. (not a 2nd iteration couldn't stand some minor adjustments)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby Crankshaft on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:44 am

I am the MVP of this game, I voted for both of my other red players AND I killed myself.

You're welcome, village.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,739
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby Willie Kool on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:45 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:As a Seer my picks were totally random as well.

I thought this must be the case when you saw Kaizer instead of me.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,029
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Walkin' in a Yinzer Wonderland

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby Willie Kool on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 am

Crankshaft wrote:I am the MVP of this game, I voted for both of my other red players AND I killed myself.

You're welcome, village.

:lol:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,029
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Walkin' in a Yinzer Wonderland

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby Crankshaft on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 am

In hindsight, I should have just disappeared for the day phase that WK was voted on. Not that it would have made a difference because the train was already rolling on him and I would have killed myself anyway the night night phase.

Just bad luck on my part. Remind me to not play the lotto anytime soon.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,739
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:53 am

Willie Kool wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:I am the MVP of this game, I voted for both of my other red players AND I killed myself.

You're welcome, village.

:lol:

No way.
ANY game that I'm a part of I'm automatically "THE BEST WARZ PLAYA EVA"

It's just my cross to bear.

Spoiler:
Seriously though, I thought everyone did a damn fine job on this one - Congrats
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby newarenanow on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks for the game. Definitely different. Just extremely difficult because it was all random.

But fun.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,788
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:37 am

Crankshaft wrote:In hindsight, I should have just disappeared for the day phase that WK was voted on. Not that it would have made a difference because the train was already rolling on him and I would have killed myself anyway the night night phase.

Just bad luck on my part. Remind me to not play the lotto anytime soon.


The night I let you recruit (when I mixed up numbering), you actually killed yourself. That was the same night EPP saw CBear. Luckily for you, I caught my mistake.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,539
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby relantel on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:37 am

i picked a good game to die early. Fun to follow (or not follow) as it went on.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,439
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby relantel on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 am

the whole vietnam angle could lead to a completely different game, perhaps one based on one of a number of films about the war (or even a fusion of several films). I'll brainstorm on this awhile.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,439
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby Crankshaft on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Maybe instead of leaving it up to random, but if you want to have a roulette theme, make the village choose two people on day one. The person who lives through the roulette spin on day one is part of the roulette the next day phase.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,739
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby Rylan on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:24 pm

relantel wrote:the whole vietnam angle could lead to a completely different game, perhaps one based on one of a number of films about the war (or even a fusion of several films). I'll brainstorm on this awhile.


The Horror, The Horror.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,085
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby redwill on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:53 pm

"10 Peckys and 1 redwill"

I told MRandall that I want that on my tombstone. Haha.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,090
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby CBear3 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks for the game.
Crank and I really figured we were el-screw-ed when we heard the setup. It's an interesting setup, and I'm sure with some adjustments it could really work.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,789
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Kansas City

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:40 pm

CBear3 wrote:Thanks for the game.
Crank and I really figured we were el-screw-ed when we heard the setup. It's an interesting setup, and I'm sure with some adjustments it could really work.

I actually thought the village was at a disadvantage when I was given my role. But I didn't know that everyone else was under similar constraints.
I agree though, with some tweaks, it has potential.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:15 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
CBear3 wrote:Thanks for the game.
Crank and I really figured we were el-screw-ed when we heard the setup. It's an interesting setup, and I'm sure with some adjustments it could really work.

I actually thought the village was at a disadvantage when I was given my role. But I didn't know that everyone else was under similar constraints.
I agree though, with some tweaks, it has potential.


I hinted as such when I said "Everyone is running under a handicap. Not just you. I can't really tell you more without giving a good part of the game away."
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,539
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:26 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
CBear3 wrote:Thanks for the game.
Crank and I really figured we were el-screw-ed when we heard the setup. It's an interesting setup, and I'm sure with some adjustments it could really work.

I actually thought the village was at a disadvantage when I was given my role. But I didn't know that everyone else was under similar constraints.
I agree though, with some tweaks, it has potential.


I hinted as such when I said "Everyone is running under a handicap. Not just you. I can't really tell you more without giving a good part of the game away."

I meant before your response to me. I thought your response was wholly appropriate. You can't blame me for trying to get a better deal from you though :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby Crankshaft on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:31 pm

My understanding of the game is you have to give some edge to the red players, because they lack the numbers. You can argue that we were the most at a disadvantage. We couldn't eliminate people we wanted to eliminate, which took away a good bit of strategic play for the day phases. Every time we did eliminate someone, we also had the chance to eliminate ourselves.

The one play I thought we had, which was getting EPP to vote for one of us so that he gets called into the roulette as well. From the write up, it looked like he wasn't involved in the roulette because it was played with an automatic weapon.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,739
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Crankshaft wrote:My understanding of the game is you have to give some edge to the red players, because they lack the numbers. You can argue that we were the most at a disadvantage. We couldn't eliminate people we wanted to eliminate, which took away a good bit of strategic play for the day phases. Every time we did eliminate someone, we also had the chance to eliminate ourselves.

The one play I thought we had, which was getting EPP to vote for one of us so that he gets called into the roulette as well. From the write up, it looked like he wasn't involved in the roulette because it was played with an automatic weapon.


That was just poetic license, since EPP had seen him and called him out.

And I knew you guys were at a disadvantage with 2, and that's why I gave you the option to recruit. In hindsight, I should have started with 3, but then I would've had to add a vig role or something to balance the reds and greens.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,539
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Previous

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail