WBS logo question

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

WBS logo question

Postby K2 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:18 pm

Easton, maybe you can answer this: I was on the WBS website and saw a very plain "logo" used in a couple places. It was a letter P circled by the words "Wilkes-Barre/Scranton." It was essentially the Providence Bruins logo without the spokes. Is this a new logo or theme for the Baby Pens? I know they seem to change things up year to year.
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: WBS logo question

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:07 pm

K2 wrote:Easton, maybe you can answer this: I was on the WBS website and saw a very plain "logo" used in a couple places. It was a letter P circled by the words "Wilkes-Barre/Scranton." It was essentially the Providence Bruins logo without the spokes. Is this a new logo or theme for the Baby Pens? I know they seem to change things up year to year.

Every year, they do a "theme" that is used for their third jersey and their marketing.

So far, it has always been a throwback to one of the older Pittsburgh hockey jerseys.

The 'P' seems to be a reference to the Pittsburgh Yellow Jackets, the first Pittsburgh championship hockey team. You can see info about the Jackets at pittsburghhockey.net
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby K2 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:20 pm

Yup. I saw that on that site the other day. I figured this thread was buried so I didn't worry about it, but thanks though. I'm interested to see what the jerseys look like this year...I'd like if they picked a theme and stayed with it, but I'm not in charge. I loved the gold jerseys they wore during the "Chasing The Dream" season
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Penguins Affiliates