So who is under contract now?

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

So who is under contract now?

Postby DelPen on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:47 pm

Anyone have an updated roster and what spots still need filled and who is still a RFA?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:16 pm

Jonathan Bombulie posted this chart a while back in his blog. It was last updated on 6/3.

Hope that helps.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:05 am

netwolf wrote:Jonathan Bombulie posted this chart a while back in his blog. It was last updated on 6/3.

Hope that helps.

Since then, the only signings have been C Kyle Rank, D Ben Lovejoy, and re-signing W Connor James (was a RFA).

Still needed in WBS is 2 (maybe 3) forwards, 3 (or 4) defensemen, and 2 goalies.

Currently, there are 11 AHL forwards under contract (Dixon, Stone, Filewich, Rank, Letestu, Boogaard, Kennedy, Jensen, Wallace, McLean, James), 4 d-men (Bissonnette, D'Aversa, Lovejoy, Letang), and 0 goaltenders.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:29 am

I think Letang has a chance of coming to Pgh based on the probability of a few of our guys going away.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eastonpensfan on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:33 am

Jim wrote:I think Letang has a chance of coming to Pgh based on the probability of a few of our guys going away.

I would agree with that. With a strong camp, he has a chance of making the big squad. But, I put him in this list because he finished the year with Wilkes-Barre in the playoffs. Personally, I think at least a half year in the AHL would be helpful to round out his game defensively. But, it's not my call.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Geezer on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:58 am

Is Bissonette likely to spend this season with the Pens? During last season I saw some mention that he wasn't happy going to Wheeling and it seemed like some hard feelings had develpoped. I don't know what happened with the guy; a few years ago hed had a good camp with the big club but he hasn't been able to make the WBS team. What seemed strange is that WBS brought in several journeymen type Dmen during the season and brought up guys like Curtis Patrick on occasion. It would seem he's regressed or got in someone's doghouse.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ron` on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:40 pm

Geezer wrote:Is Bissonette likely to spend this season with the Pens? During last season I saw some mention that he wasn't happy going to Wheeling and it seemed like some hard feelings had develpoped. I don't know what happened with the guy; a few years ago hed had a good camp with the big club but he hasn't been able to make the WBS team. What seemed strange is that WBS brought in several journeymen type Dmen during the season and brought up guys like Curtis Patrick on occasion. It would seem he's regressed or got in someone's doghouse.
You would have to ask someone that saw him play in Wheeling. I wondered if he is off the books too, as last year progressed.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Penguins Affiliates