Brown is sent down to Wheeling

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Brown is sent down to Wheeling

Postby gruntov on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:32 pm

I wonder where Curry ends up.

Cryers have already sent 2 goalies to the Nailers, as part of the sharing arrangement.
gruntov
 

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:06 pm

In light of this development, an old thread makes interesting reading:

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... hp?t=15822
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby bse on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:16 am

Last I heard was that they are looking for an ECHL team who could give him #1 minutes
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:43 am
Location: Finland

Postby Nailers on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:55 am

Curry was sent to ECHL Las Vegas...also, the Flyers reassigned G Jeremy Duchesne to ECHL Dayton. The Nailers are going with David Brown and Martin Houle in net.
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:20 pm

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:03 pm

Nailers wrote:Curry was sent to ECHL Las Vegas...also, the Flyers reassigned G Jeremy Duchesne to ECHL Dayton. The Nailers are going with David Brown and Martin Houle in net.


Wondering if the Flyers are happy with the Mailers arrangement in light of this?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby gruntov on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:25 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Nailers wrote:Curry was sent to ECHL Las Vegas...also, the Flyers reassigned G Jeremy Duchesne to ECHL Dayton. The Nailers are going with David Brown and Martin Houle in net.


Wondering if the Flyers are happy with the Mailers arrangement in light of this?


Why not?
They kept 1 goalie in Wheeling, as did the Pens.
I doubt that Brown will start every game.
gruntov
 

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:13 pm

gruntov wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Nailers wrote:Curry was sent to ECHL Las Vegas...also, the Flyers reassigned G Jeremy Duchesne to ECHL Dayton. The Nailers are going with David Brown and Martin Houle in net.


Wondering if the Flyers are happy with the Mailers arrangement in light of this?


Why not?
They kept 1 goalie in Wheeling, as did the Pens.
I doubt that Brown will start every game.


If I remember correctly, they were contractually supposed to be able to have two goalies down there. I would think that came with the expectation that they'd be getting ice-time.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby gruntov on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:49 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
gruntov wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Nailers wrote:Curry was sent to ECHL Las Vegas...also, the Flyers reassigned G Jeremy Duchesne to ECHL Dayton. The Nailers are going with David Brown and Martin Houle in net.


Wondering if the Flyers are happy with the Mailers arrangement in light of this?


Why not?
They kept 1 goalie in Wheeling, as did the Pens.
I doubt that Brown will start every game.


If I remember correctly, they were contractually supposed to be able to have two goalies down there. I would think that came with the expectation that they'd be getting ice-time.


I don't think so. They were allowed to send 2 goalies to the Nailers, but no guarantee on PT. I suspect that Patrick will be allowed to decide who should play of the 2 goalies.
gruntov
 

Postby wm0712 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:26 pm

brown played very well in the opening day win over the chiefs 4-2... the chiefs outshot the nailers and looked better a lot of the night, but brown played very well
wm0712
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,066
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:37 pm

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:56 pm

gruntov wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
gruntov wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Nailers wrote:Curry was sent to ECHL Las Vegas...also, the Flyers reassigned G Jeremy Duchesne to ECHL Dayton. The Nailers are going with David Brown and Martin Houle in net.


Wondering if the Flyers are happy with the Mailers arrangement in light of this?


Why not?
They kept 1 goalie in Wheeling, as did the Pens.
I doubt that Brown will start every game.


If I remember correctly, they were contractually supposed to be able to have two goalies down there. I would think that came with the expectation that they'd be getting ice-time.


I don't think so. They were allowed to send 2 goalies to the Nailers, but no guarantee on PT. I suspect that Patrick will be allowed to decide who should play of the 2 goalies.


Glen Patrick shouldn't be allowed to choose which shoe to put on first in the morning. I'm amazed that he's been able to hold on to that job in Wheeling.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby gruntov on Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:34 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
gruntov wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
gruntov wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Nailers wrote:Curry was sent to ECHL Las Vegas...also, the Flyers reassigned G Jeremy Duchesne to ECHL Dayton. The Nailers are going with David Brown and Martin Houle in net.


Wondering if the Flyers are happy with the Mailers arrangement in light of this?


Why not?
They kept 1 goalie in Wheeling, as did the Pens.
I doubt that Brown will start every game.


If I remember correctly, they were contractually supposed to be able to have two goalies down there. I would think that came with the expectation that they'd be getting ice-time.


I don't think so. They were allowed to send 2 goalies to the Nailers, but no guarantee on PT. I suspect that Patrick will be allowed to decide who should play of the 2 goalies.


Glen Patrick shouldn't be allowed to choose which shoe to put on first in the morning. I'm amazed that he's been able to hold on to that job in Wheeling.


Part of CP's resignation package! :lol:
gruntov
 


Return to Penguins Affiliates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

e-mail