Kennedy named AHL player of the week

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Kennedy named AHL player of the week

Postby skerbud on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:34 pm

Tyler Kennedy was named the first player of the week for the 2007-2008 season. He ended up with 3 goals (2 GWG) and 2 assists in three games.. Nice to see that Kennedy is back on track after being out half the season last year... Last year in his last week of play he also was named player of the week... Looks like he doesnt want to be in WBS long..
skerbud
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby eastonpensfan on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:03 pm

With the way he is playing now, I would suspect that he may get a callup for a top 6 spot if someone gets hurt ahead of Filewich or Stone.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Henry Hank on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:32 pm

Kennedy seems like a legit top six prospect in this organization. He's going to do well with Crosby or Malkin. Filewich and Stone seem more like 3rd line contributors, which is nothing to sneeze at either. I think all three will be parts of the puzzle within a year unless they get traded before then.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:57 am

Yeah I don't know if Kennedy is one or two years away from being a regular on the NHL team, but I can't wait to see him up with the team whenever it inevitably happens this season. I have to think he is the first call up forward being that he is a legit top 6 guy and we are basically always filling a 3rd line guy in one of the top 6 positions now. Not that he will replace someone, but I have to think he is the best fit as far as WBS guys go.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Penguins Affiliates