Interesting Nailers promo item

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Interesting Nailers promo item

Postby Admin on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:09 pm

The Wheeling Nailers, the “AAâ€￾ affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Philadelphia Flyers, have announced that local legend “Moon Dogâ€￾ will be immortalized in one of five mini-bobblehead giveaways at Nailers games during the 2007-08 schedule.

Charles Waldrum, aka Moon Dog, is well-known for riding his unique bicycle around town and often appears at local events including both leading and ending the Wheeling Christmas Parade. His bobblehead will be given away to the first 2,500 fans on March 22 as part of Bicycle Safety Night.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jimjom on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:45 am

I see. Maybe that dude that wears the Lone Ranger mask and rides thatn horse on a stick will get a promo!

:shock:

Also, at least the Nailers are announcing how many people are going to get the promos I have been burned by the Nailers twice on tht...Mario Lemieux bobblehead night and Ric Flair night. WHOOOOOOO!
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby louie on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:30 pm

jimjom wrote:I see. Maybe that dude that wears the Lone Ranger mask and rides thatn horse on a stick will get a promo!

You know, I went to a handful of games down there when the Pens weren't home and I didn't see that guy/possibly pedophile.
louie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:16 am

jimjom wrote:I see. Maybe that dude that wears the Lone Ranger mask and rides thatn horse on a stick will get a promo!

Also, at least the Nailers are announcing how many people are going to get the promos I have been burned by the Nailers twice on tht...Mario Lemieux bobblehead night and Ric Flair night. WHOOOOOOO!

The only bad promo that I have every had from there was the nesting dolls. They gave away one level of the doll at three different games. It's not a nesting doll if you only get 1.

What was wrong with the Lemieux bobblehead night?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jimjom on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm

Jim wrote:

The only bad promo that I have every had from there was the nesting dolls. They gave away one level of the doll at three different games. It's not a nesting doll if you only get 1.

What was wrong with the Lemieux bobblehead night?

They never announced that they were only giving them out to the first 2,000 (not sure what the exact number is) fans. So I got down there super early, bought my ticket, went to that brewpub across the street and had some food and a beer and went back to the arena 30 minutes before game time. There were no bobbleheads. People were buying tickets, getting their giveaway and walking right out the door.

I wrote a letter to the team and the owner or whoever got the letter said he'd check into whether or not ads said the giveaway was for the first x amount of people (they didn't). I notice now that they do.

The thing is, I actually like minor league hockey and went to a bunch of games that year but I also collect bobbleheads and was disappointed that I drove 100 miles round trip for nothing.

They sent me two tickets to any game for free which I used a couple of weeks later.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Penguins Affiliates