Game 4 - 4/23/08 - WBS Pens @ Hershey Bears

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 4 - 4/23/08 - WBS Pens @ Hershey Bears

Postby WWGRD on Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Image VS. Image


FINAL: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Baby Penguins fall to the Hershey Bears with a final score of 3-2 in Overtime.


The Pens lead the series 3-1, and play next on Friday at home.


WBS Regulation Scoring
Chris Minard -- 2 G (3rd, 4th of playoffs)
Alex Goligoski -- 2 A
Tim Brent -- 1 A
Ben Lovejoy -- 1 A


Fighting
None.


Losing Goalie
John Curry


WBS Coverage on Faceoff-Factor.com.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,699
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Follow @EricP55

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:35 pm

d'oh. it looks like Minard was the only one on the Minard train. finish em off, boys.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,216
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: H2S

Pens game

Postby pensfan66 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:50 am

So I was at the game last night, the professional debut of Luca Caputi. The kid looked good. Great passer, fast, strong on his skates, (He was getting checked in front of the net by Tyler Sloan) All in all he looks good. I was impressed. Anyway, the Minard train keeps rolling along. Tied the game with 18 seconds left. The Giant center went crazy! I think the pens fans were louder than the Bears fans there. It was great. Someone left Giroux open in the slot in front of Curry for the OT winner but oh well finish it up at home on Friday. Curry by the way was outstanding! He made some miraculous saves to keep them in the game.
pensfan66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:46 am
Location: Lancaster, PA

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:02 am

So like I have said previously... I dont follow the AHL that much, but now living in an AHL city I try to get to a few games...

Looks like unless a major meltdown the Pens will go through to the next round.

And up here in the North the Rats are tied in the series with the Sound I believe 2-2 (although the Rats were hosed in game 4 with a no goal call, and hit the post in last minute of regulation)

If the Rats and Pens do go through, would they play next round... Would definately be up to heading to a few games to see the boys play (with the new arrivals for sure)

Thanks!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:58 am

fourtKNOX wrote:So like I have said previously... I dont follow the AHL that much, but now living in an AHL city I try to get to a few games...

Looks like unless a major meltdown the Pens will go through to the next round.

And up here in the North the Rats are tied in the series with the Sound I believe 2-2 (although the Rats were hosed in game 4 with a no goal call, and hit the post in last minute of regulation)

If the Rats and Pens do go through, would they play next round... Would definately be up to heading to a few games to see the boys play (with the new arrivals for sure)

Thanks!


If the Rats and Pens both win, they would face each other. The AHL does the playoff seeding by division. So Round 1 is 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 in each of the 4 divisions. Round 2 is the 2 winners of those divisional games playing each other. Round 3 then is the conference finals and 4, of course, is the Calder Cup Finals.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,442
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: on the Professional Noodling Tour

Postby fourtKNOX on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:31 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:
If the Rats and Pens both win, they would face each other. The AHL does the playoff seeding by division. So Round 1 is 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 in each of the 4 divisions. Round 2 is the 2 winners of those divisional games playing each other. Round 3 then is the conference finals and 4, of course, is the Calder Cup Finals.


Thanks EPF... that must bring on some heated rivalries for sure!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby eastonpensfan on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:53 pm

fourtKNOX wrote:
eastonpensfan wrote:
If the Rats and Pens both win, they would face each other. The AHL does the playoff seeding by division. So Round 1 is 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 in each of the 4 divisions. Round 2 is the 2 winners of those divisional games playing each other. Round 3 then is the conference finals and 4, of course, is the Calder Cup Finals.


Thanks EPF... that must bring on some heated rivalries for sure!


Definitely. This is at least the third year in a row where the Pens have played the Hershey Bears. Usually you can count on some combination of Hershey, Philly, and Wilkes-Barre playing each other at some point in the playoffs and those are always great series.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,442
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: on the Professional Noodling Tour


Return to Penguins Affiliates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


e-mail