Fletcher on next WBS coach

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fletcher on next WBS coach

Postby Jim on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:05 pm

The Futuristic Bird wrote:Which makes clearer that perhaps Michel's new bosses both think he's more of an AHL than NHL coach.


What? Holy stretch Batman! Or maybe they thing that the Therrian is a great model for coaching at every level. Wow, where did you pull they think he is better suited for the AHL out of? WOW!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,516
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby canaan on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:57 am

The Futuristic Bird wrote:Simple. When Fletcher described his ideal coach he said specifically for THAT level. Makes me think that they don't think Therrien's edge necessarily will translate to success in the NHL. Certainly, his track record of success is best in the lower levels, so they have every right to be suspicious.


im confused on where youre making this connection
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,602
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby Jim on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:11 am

canaan wrote:im confused on where youre making this connection


Take some Yoga classes and you to can stretch like that...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,516
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby canaan on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:11 pm

Jim wrote:
canaan wrote:im confused on where youre making this connection


Take some Yoga classes and you to can stretch like that...
thats my LGP zinger of the day.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,602
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby canaan on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:12 pm

Jim wrote:
canaan wrote:im confused on where youre making this connection


Take some Yoga classes and you to can stretch like that...
that is my lgp zinger of the day :shock:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,602
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby Jim on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:01 pm

So is that two zingers then? Double your fun?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,516
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Illogical post

Postby Paul Baxter on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:36 am

Futuristic Bird, your argument that Shero and Fletcher think Therrien is better suited for the AHL is completely illogical. Consider the illogic of your argument:

Fletcher makes a statement about the attributes for an ideal coach. Sounds like those attributes fit Therrien. Agreed. So, how does that make Shero and Fletcher wanting to demote Therrien to WBS? It doesn't. From Fletcher's statement I would conclude that Fletcher probably likes Therrien's coaching style, which I would further conclude to mean that Fletcher and Shero want to hire ANOTHER coach in the Therrien mold for WBS. In other words, if Shero and Fletcher like Therrien's coaching style, which you, yourself infer, then one would think that they are thankful to have him coaching the big club in Pittsburgh.

Finally, you state that Shero was not too happy about having to inherit Therrien as his head coach. That statement is sheer speculation on your part and has no basis of fact whatsover. From what I have heard and read, Shero and Therrien have worked together extremely well since Shero joined the organization.

It appears to me that your logic (or lack thereof) is totally influenced by a personal bias you have against Terrien coaching in the NHL. Not based on any facts whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, Therrien belongs in the NHL and I think he will do a great job as head coach of the Big Pens.
Paul Baxter
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Irvine, California

Postby DelPen on Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:57 am

So does this also mean Fletcher will be making the decisions for WBS like Shero did for Milwauke when he was the preds Assistant GM? CP ran both teams before, right?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,247
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Jim on Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:58 am

The Futuristic Bird wrote:I don't think it's a stretch, but don't let me deprive you of your fun. It's not a secret that Shero wasn't pleased about being saddled with a coach in place when he took the job.


While I do remember it being said that one stipulation before hiring Shero was that he had to keep Therian... I do not recall seeing thet Shero was upset by that or that he would rather have someone else or anything like that.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,516
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby Jim on Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:59 am

DelPen wrote:So does this also mean Fletcher will be making the decisions for WBS like Shero did for Milwauke when he was the preds Assistant GM? CP ran both teams before, right?


If Shero liked that set-up in Nashville, it would make sense that he would do the same thing here.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,516
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh


Return to Penguins Affiliates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

e-mail