Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Daniel on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:37 pm

Zarovich wrote:Wow, the comic series is done.

I always felt the best ending for the Walking Dead is for Rick to wake up from his coma to Carol and Lori and Shane watching over him. They would have had to film that when Carl was little though.

I think it would be an amazing way to end the series.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Zarovich on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:46 pm

So, we have all kinds of pilots in Fear, airplane, helicopters, hot air balloons, and who knows what will be next but in TWD, other than the helicopter pilots that are apparently in Fear as well, nobody can fly. There are more people in TWD than Fear, but the Fear characters have some high tech skills. The kingdom couldn't keep a boiler system running but we can rebuild a plane on Fear lol
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Zarovich wrote:So, we have all kinds of pilots in Fear, airplane, helicopters, hot air balloons, and who knows what will be next but in TWD, other than the helicopter pilots that are apparently in Fear as well, nobody can fly. There are more people in TWD than Fear, but the Fear characters have some high tech skills. The kingdom couldn't keep a boiler system running but we can rebuild a plane on Fear lol

My biggest issue with this season is the fact that they can’t get out of the area they are. I can’t think of anywhere in America that is so isolated they need to fly out. Maybe they explained that all the bridges were out, but still drives me crazy when writers play these kinds of games with geography. Like “let’s drive across the country to get to Dave by tomorrow”. Eight hours and 3000 miles later “we saved Dave”. Just a pet peeve.

The plane does seem like a pretty big feat of engineering in a post apocalypse situation. Even still, I do like the season so far. If I can overlook the fact that zombies are roaming the world, surely I can overlook mechanical geniuses on demand, lol. I still overlook less with Fear then TWD.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sigwolf on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:59 pm

Fear was a good concept that lost it's way about 4 episodes in... they have not recovered, at all. TWD always required a fairly healthy suspension of disbelief. Fear blew that out of the water, and then proceeded to nuke it from orbit. I'm fairly sure they are now urinating on it.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to NHR