Politics... have at it!!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Re: Politics... have at it!!!

Postby Jim on Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:26 pm

Just when you thought that a discussion couldn't get any more pathetic... "Religion has entered that game!"
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby theblackarts on Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:11 pm

Humperdink wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Read Isaiah 53, written 700 BC +/-, and see if it doesn't depict an actual event that occurred 700 years later.

This is what's priceless, as in, it has no cost.

You two gentlemen seem to have your eternal future all mapped out. I wish you well. Good day!

You'd be surprised as to how much religion costs...

...I'm not chastising you, but there's a reason that the founding fathers insisted on separation of church and state. I used to be religious, I get why people are, but you have to understand that there's no place in the government for religion. Surely if a fundamentalist Muslim judge made a ruling against your church for any reason, you'd be skeptical. That's how an agnostic or atheist feels when a fundamentalist Christian is appointed to a position of authority. Civil servants should be at least perceived as unbiased; the public needs to trust that the interpretation of the law is based on the law, and not conscious or unconscious religious/spiritual dogma.

And so far as my eternal future... do you think you'll be able to troll liberals from Heaven? Or will letsgopens.com be firewalled?
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby theblackarts on Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:12 pm

Jim wrote:Just when you thought that a discussion couldn't get any more pathetic... "Religion has entered that game!"

I'm just riding the wave Jim.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kaizer on Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:08 am

If I wrote a book today, prophesizing s*** from centuries ago, and then just claimed the book was older than that, would you worship and pay me?
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jim on Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Kaizer wrote:If I wrote a book today, prophesizing s*** from centuries ago, and then just claimed the book was older than that, would you worship and pay me?

Me, no. But billions of others would.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby interstorm on Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:17 pm

To all the righteous "Make America Great Again" faithful, keep sending your money in to your special causes and supporting your false prophets. While energizing you with "lock her up" calls, they're busy defrauding you and stealing your money. Maybe - just maybe - those you are trusting to drain the swamp represent all the scum in the pond. Ask yourself what they're doing with your money and why they fight so desperately to keep their tax returns hidden. You DO deserve better but these people literally do not care about your concerns and only stir up your emotions to get your money.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5f3e ... 824f9644a1
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sigwolf on Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:10 pm

interstorm wrote:To all the righteous "Make America Great Again" faithful, keep sending your money in to your special causes and supporting your false prophets. While energizing you with "lock her up" calls, they're busy defrauding you and stealing your money. Maybe - just maybe - those you are trusting to drain the swamp represent all the scum in the pond. Ask yourself what they're doing with your money and why they fight so desperately to keep their tax returns hidden. You DO deserve better but these people literally do not care about your concerns and only stir up your emotions to get your money.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5f3e ... 824f9644a1

Constantly slam conservatives, talk about false prophets, yet do not care about your concerns and stir things up... and link the huffington post to "prove your totally valid point". I give you, the liberal playbook.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby interstorm on Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:24 am

Lol - liberal playbook. Uh, lets talk about reality. The "Build the Wall" campaign is proving to be a personal slush fund for those who started and advertised it. Doesn't matter if I agree with it or not - just that many who do and donated to its cause are the victims of fraud and embezzlement. Whether I like the conservative view or not (which I don't) is irrelevant here - this should be another wake up call to conservatives to question the morals of those they follow.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:09 pm

If you don't question the morals of every single politician, at least at the federal level, you are really good at fooling yourself. Honest people can not advance in our political system. It's all about making deals, selling themselves out to the highest bidder, and most importantly, consolidating power. Politicians with morals, now that's a lol moment.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby interstorm on Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Alright - if you're cool with that level of corruption (and admitting the GOP is every bit as bad as everyone else) then I guess that's alright for you.

Here's the place to send your money. They might need another summer home you can help pay for: https://webuildthewall.us/donation-form/
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:12 pm

You are a constant source of amusement.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pekkasteele on Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:12 am

wow, been reading the last pages here, Interstorm and Theblackarts, nice to se some sane people trying to have a real conversation, but you most feel like you are hitting your heads against the wall trying with get anything of substance from others, I would have give up long ago. Hopefully there are more like you out there so that we can get a safer world again after the next election.
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:40 pm

interstorm wrote:Alright - if you're cool with that level of corruption (and admitting the GOP is every bit as bad as everyone else) then I guess that's alright for you.

Here's the place to send your money. They might need another summer home you can help pay for: https://webuildthewall.us/donation-form/

I think if you started with "Corruption is rampant in both political parties and we all should be at a point where we no longer accept it" we could then begin discussing the game plan. But to say the corruption is one-sided or even more corrupt on one side of the isle is turning a blind eye to the real issue. The fact that the American people have a Trump/Biden choice is the real disgrace. I find that people who are overly passionate about one party over the other are older Americans who are still holding onto the belief of what their party stood for.... but long ago has dissolved into something different entirely.

My grandfather was a long-time democrat. He has since passed away but the party he believed in from a young adult is *not* the same party that is on display now.
My father is a long-time replublican. The party he has supported his whole life is *not* the party that he grew up supporting.

You cannot be the party of high taxes, green energy initiatives, and increased minimum wages. Unions know these 3 items will kill American jobs and they have. If countries like China are behind the scenes helping to fund US green initiatives while simultaneously guilty of some of the worst pollution on the planet you have to ask yourself why. If your party is trying to increase the minimum wage while at the same time countries like India and China have no such enforced rules you are putting American companies at a disadvantage.

You also cannot be the party of low taxes, family values, making America great again when you refuse to accept a large amount of illegal aliens as people who are part of the fabric of the country. Refusal is essentially allowing these hard-working people to use publicly funded services and facilities for free. Family Values are not on full display at the border where families are being separated as they try to come to America to better their lives.... as *all* of our past relatives once did.

There once was a belief that the republican party was the party of big business and the democratic party was the party of the people and small business. That is absolutely not the case anymore. Green energy is huge business ... tech companies are huge business and they are 100% behind the democrats.
There once was a belief that the republican party was the party of low taxes and fiscal responsibility and the democratic party was the party of large taxes and big government. Not the case. Both parties are big government. Fiscal conservatism is dead in the replubican party.

We need a new group to represent the majority of us that find ourselves betrayed by both parties. I think the majority of us can agree on a lot of things that both parties have swung way too wide on. What is occurring now is ripping us apart.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby thehockeyguru on Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:59 pm

I'm curious how people think the passing of RBG will effect the November elections?

I can only speak for myself personally but I was once locked in on my choices but am up in the air now. I probably won't decide until much closer to election day.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby interstorm on Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:26 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:I'm curious how people think the passing of RBG will effect the November elections?

I can only speak for myself personally but I was once locked in on my choices but am up in the air now. I probably won't decide until much closer to election day.

All the more important. For the so-called administration of "Law and Order", if Trump appoints a 3rd judge to the nation's top court, our democracy truly is in peril. First off, while some generalize and say both parties and all politicians are corrupt - the truth is Trump has broken records for the level of indictments:

On the whole, however, the indictments under the three GOP presidents do dwarf those under the three Democrats.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... p-reagan-/

He has yet to face any penalty - not because of no wrong doing but by political cover up by the fellow GOP, many of which appear to be connected. Stack the court and all checks and balances are gone. The executive branch will basically own the legislative and judicial wings of the government.

The result of this is rampant corruption - why was Covid releif money not tracked better and transparent to the public - which only fuels the polarization of the country. It will only get worse and the general public - you, me and everyone on this board, WILL pay the price.

We are best united and filling RBG's spot in a manner totally hypocritical to what happened to Garland is not a step towards unity by any rational means.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby thehockeyguru on Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm

interstorm wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I'm curious how people think the passing of RBG will effect the November elections?

All the more important. For the so-called administration of "Law and Order", if Trump appoints a 3rd judge to the nation's top court, our democracy truly is in peril. First off, while some generalize and say both parties and all politicians are corrupt - the truth is Trump has broken records for the level of indictments:

I dont think there is any doubt that he'll select a potential justice, it'll come down to whether said woman is approved or not.

I'm hoping Biden puts out a justices he'd consider for nomination.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby interstorm on Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:19 pm

“Now we’re counting on the federal court system to make it so that we can actually have an evening where we know who wins. Not where the votes are going to be counted a week later or two weeks later,” Trump said at a campaign rally in North Carolina on Saturday, one day after Ginsburg’s death.

What is everyone else's opinion here? Which would be preferable?
Option 1: you count the real votes like any legitimate democracy would do even if it takes a couple days or weeks to get it right.

OR

Option 2: At the slightest chance of a contested election outcome (made by ignoring real votes) you let hand-picked judges with no semblance of being impartial tip the scales and hand over the presidency.

The immorality of the Trump administration and the GOP is perfectly on display with his own words above. I truly hope votets can pause their "team" perspective on politics to understand the big picture here and the implications of the potential outcomes.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Zarovich on Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Trump has COVID-19. Hope he lives but he suffers greatly and realizes that a mask and social distancing isn’t so bad.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby interstorm on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:06 pm

I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!

This is so irresponsible. I don't care where one falls politically - short of being an absolute denier, this is a completely absurd statement. Yes, we shouldn't let this dominate our life but we need to be careful and respectful of others (looking at you, GOP, as you super-spread this among yourselves). Also unlike him - most people won't get the healthcare he got. Another missed opportunity to be a real leader - just add it to the long list.

I get that Biden might not be the perfect candidate - but I don't see how anyone just isn't completely tired of Trumps noise and corruption. This country will never be united under Trump...we will only be weaker.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:25 am

Prime Minister Trudeau stated Canadian borders will remain closed until America gets COVID safe. Well, we best get comfy talking about rosters and expectations of games. :( NHL can't open without receiving ticket monies. I'm looking towards... Ground Hog's day or March 1st.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pronovost19 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Hunter "Billy Madison" Biden emails...go read about them on your own. The mainstream liberal media won't tell you about it. Yesterday, Twitter and FB banned the New York Post because they broke the story.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby theblackarts on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:14 pm

pronovost19 wrote:Hunter "Billy Madison" Biden emails...go read about them on your own. The mainstream liberal media won't tell you about it. Yesterday, Twitter and FB banned the New York Post because they broke the story.

They banned it because it's straight up propaganda with no corroborating evidence, debunked immediately 10x over. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't potentially problematic. The KGB have been finding "abandoned" briefcases with tantalizing "evidence" weeks before an election for decades, it's a well-known tactic; ironic that RG was key to this little stunt isn't it? Curious as to why you haven't taken the time to read even one dissenting opinion before posting about it... lemme know if you'd prefer to talk about Trump retweeting that Seal Team 6 never killed Bin Laden...
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby penny lane on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:32 am

Osama Bin Laden death, a hoax. Whims of a mad man.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby interstorm on Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:11 pm

pronovost19 wrote:Hunter "Billy Madison" Biden emails...go read about them on your own. The mainstream liberal media won't tell you about it. Yesterday, Twitter and FB banned the New York Post because they broke the story.

All I ask is that anyone outraged by this, disturbed by Obama not being a US citizen or those Qanon disciples bring the same level of anger as to why the CARES act intentionally lacked oversight, why the certain people are fighting tooth and nail to keep the debt they owe (and to whom it is owed) hidden and why the appointing of a supreme court justice appears to go by different rules in only 4 years time.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pronovost19 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:35 am

Enjoy the Kool Aid
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR