Step forward if you think Pitt is this good!?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Step forward if you think Pitt is this good!?

Postby fourtKNOX on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:10 am

Pitts guards are out playing novas guards... yeah yeah... ray is hurt... well news flash they were losing with ray... lowery is in foul trouble... i wonder why... cuase he has to defend a guard willing to drive on him...

congrads to the young pitt guards who dont know any better then they are here to win a big east championship... they must not get espn where all the talk is how great novas guards are... and who in the country can match up their 4 spots guards!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:12 am

Pitts playing way over their collective heads, however, that's part of the Big East Tourney.

Now that WVU is out... Go Pitt!
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby fourtKNOX on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:52 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:Pitts playing way over their collective heads, however, that's part of the Big East Tourney.

Now that WVU is out... Go Pitt!


they have been ranked in the top 10 of the country for a reason... that reason may not have been because of their guard play... but in the big east ... they didnt need their guard play... its nice to see that they have the ability...

now that wvu is gone... go pitt... i mean wvu! :?: :roll: :lol:
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby snagg66 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:55 am

Jamie Dixon is the most underrated coach in basketball...and Pitt better extend his contract before he pulls a Howland and goes for the money....he has only one year left on his contract after this year.
snagg66
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:51 am
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby lauren on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:05 am

snagg66 wrote:Jamie Dixon is the most underrated coach in basketball...and Pitt better extend his contract before he pulls a Howland and goes for the money....he has only one year left on his contract after this year.


word has it arizona is looking at dixon....
on a related note....Pitt is IT like WHOA!! :D
lauren
 

Postby the wicked child on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:11 am

This is why Pitt is so frustrating... when they are on, they have the stuff to take on anyone... but when it's not, it's NOT.

Still, Pittsburgh teams are having quite a bit of luck with the ol 6 seed this year... any chance of the Pens making a run at the 6 spot? ;)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,691
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Postby Jesse on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:21 am

the wicked child wrote:This is why Pitt is so frustrating... when they are on, they have the stuff to take on anyone... but when it's not, it's NOT.

Still, Pittsburgh teams are having quite a bit of luck with the ol 6 seed this year... any chance of the Pens making a run at the 6 spot? ;)


I'm almost afraid to say this.

As long as Krauser stays calm and the bench doesn't choke, Pitt is good.


That would seem simple.... however these are only recent developments.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,559
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Postby the wicked child on Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:36 am

Did anyone else here on Sportscenter when they were talking about Ray's injury? I SWEAR I heard them say his eye had popped out of the socket! majorly f'ed up if true!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,691
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:21 am

the wicked child wrote:Did anyone else here on Sportscenter when they were talking about Ray's injury? I SWEAR I heard them say his eye had popped out of the socket! majorly f'ed up if true!


If you were watching the game when it first happened, they showed 2 replays , then they quit showing it. It was that bad.

It was like, one frame of the slow-mo, his face was normal, the next frame, there was a large white bulge spot after Krauser's finger moved away.

I don't know the medical accuracy or possibilities, and I don't know if I'd say it was 'out of the socket', but it was definitely 'bulging' more than normal.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,857
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:59 am
Location: Meeting Mario at Center Ice

Postby snagg66 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:22 am

I was reminded of the Christmas Story....it'll put your eye out...his eye was definately popped out, but they put pressure on it and it is going to be ok...he got his vision back before midnight....amazing how the human body can withstand such trauma...that had to hurt like hell...
snagg66
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:51 am
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby pfim on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:45 am

lauren wrote:
snagg66 wrote:Jamie Dixon is the most underrated coach in basketball...and Pitt better extend his contract before he pulls a Howland and goes for the money....he has only one year left on his contract after this year.


word has it arizona is looking at dixon....
on a related note....Pitt is IT like WHOA!! :D


Arizona St., and he would be a moron to take it. Might be leverage for a new contract, though.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer


Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: offsides, OutofFoil and 8 guests

cron
e-mail