Hey no Pitt sucks posts?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Hey no Pitt sucks posts?

Postby Peter on Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:33 pm

These 3s are awful. :cry:
Peter

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:57 pm

we'll be okay....hopefully
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rocco on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:01 pm

Syracuse is torching the Pitt D from long-range. Aaron Gray just had a rebound pulled out of his hands from Gerry McNamara, of all people. Kendall looks terrified.

On the plus side, the Panthers are starting to hit 3s. They really need Gray to get it going- there's no reason why he shouldn't be killing the Cuse inside. Hopefully he works on his mid-range game in the off-season.

34-25 Syracuse at half. Yikes.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:49 pm

1st lead of the game! :D :D
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pfim on Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:34 pm

Rocco wrote:Syracuse is torching the Pitt D from long-range. Aaron Gray just had a rebound pulled out of his hands from Gerry McNamara, of all people. Kendall looks terrified.

On the plus side, the Panthers are starting to hit 3s. They really need Gray to get it going- there's no reason why he shouldn't be killing the Cuse inside. Hopefully he works on his mid-range game in the off-season.

34-25 Syracuse at half. Yikes.

Maybe Gray should work on his layups first.

I realize it wasn't the "reason" they lost the game, there never is one reason why a team loses, but that no call at the end was atrocious and indicative of the selective/inconsistent officiating that has plagued the BET.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rocco on Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:15 am

"Maybe Gray should work on his layups first. "

Does Gray always have hands of stone, or did he specifically roll them out for the tourney? I cringed every time he got the ball. He seemed determined to short-arm every layup chance down the stretch.

"I realize it wasn't the "reason" they lost the game, there never is one reason why a team loses, but that no call at the end was atrocious and indicative of the selective/inconsistent officiating that has plagued the BET."

That was just a terrible no-call by the refs. I understand letting them play, but Krauser was knocked down and lost the ball. Blow the whistle.

That being said, Pitt had their chances and blew back-to-back layups on fast breaks with a few minutes left. Both teams looked gassed and were making awful mistakes late in the game. Pitt *should* have been able to wear down Cuse and put them away, but they couldn't hit shots when they needed to, and Cuse did. The entire tourney was a microcosm of Pitt's season- can look great at times, terrible at others, and can go hot and cold at a moment's notice.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pfim on Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:14 am

I don't know what Gray's problem has been this week. He takes to long to dunk the ball, so while everyone gets on him for not throwing it down, fact is, he gets those blocked more than he misses layups. He needs to figure that out before Thursday/Friday, or they aren't going anywhere.

This has little to do with that, because he missed more than he should have anyway, but Gray got abused all week long with very few calls going his way.

Ramon was cold/invisible. I don't think that Young had a particularly good game, the only guy on the team that had a good game was Graves.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:40 am

Congrats to Pitt on a Great Big East run.

You just ran into a hotter team / player in MAC and Syracuse.

I can't help but say you heard it hear first about Grays play. He just seems a step away from being a player a team can count on every night.

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 4&start=25
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Goalie on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:25 am

pfim wrote:I realize it wasn't the "reason" they lost the game, there never is one reason why a team loses, but that no call at the end was atrocious and indicative of the selective/inconsistent officiating that has plagued the BET.

I thought the same thing about the officiating throughout the tournament, some of it went Pitt's way some of it did not, the same could be said for the all the teams but as you said there was just no consistency in it.

The Krauser play is a thing that bothers me about basketball in general. Yes the defender was in the air but he was not out of control and was not going to land on Krauser or right on top of him even. Krauser basically launched himself into the defender with no hope of shooting that basketball, he was just launching himself to get contact.

Now by the way this call is always officiated it should have been a foul but this play has become confused with a play where the defender really is out of control and lands on a shooter in the normal shooting motion.

Its one thing to create contact while shooting its another to simply create contact by going out of your way to do it.

That is my little rant, not that any basketball decision makers care what I say. :D
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pfim on Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:31 pm

The Krauser play is a thing that bothers me about basketball in general. Yes the defender was in the air but he was not out of control and was not going to land on Krauser or right on top of him even. Krauser basically launched himself into the defender with no hope of shooting that basketball, he was just launching himself to get contact.

In general, I agree, but on this play the defender didn't jump straight up, he jumped at Krauser. I thought he was a bit out of control.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:13 am

If you want to talk about incosistancy in the officiating, I think the traveling/no travelling calls in the Pitt-Villanova were as good an indication as any.

Pitt got called for travelling about 80 times when they even looked like they might travel... meanwhile, Lowry travelled almsot every time he had the ball in his hands (but that's okay I guess since he was going to the basket, right? :roll: ), and there was one play where a guy literally walked around a Pitt player before shooting.

This may not have had an effect on the outcome of the game, but it is one of the resons I have trouble watching basketall in general.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Peter on Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Somebody start a game thread. I won't.
Peter

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:54 pm

Peter wrote:Somebody start a game thread. I won't.

Going back to the subject line on the original post...

PITT SUCKS!!! :-) :-) :-)

Sorry... but after that performance, someone had to do it... and who better than a Mountaineer fan? :-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Return to NHR