Charging the mound? Bring your bat!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Charging the mound? Bring your bat!

Postby Peter on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:53 am

I didn't see the highlights but aparently Jose Guillen went after Pedro with his bat.

ImageImage
Peter

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:07 am

Thats because Pedro hit 3 Nationals in 5 innings. Jose Guillen twice...and if you include last year, I think they said he hit him 4 times in the last 5 games.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:54 am

Kovy27 wrote:Thats because Pedro hit 3 Nationals in 5 innings. Jose Guillen twice...and if you include last year, I think they said he hit him 4 times in the last 5 games.

It's the naional league and Pedro has to pick up a bat himself at some point right? I don't get this. I'ts not Clements/Piazza.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:08 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Thats because Pedro hit 3 Nationals in 5 innings. Jose Guillen twice...and if you include last year, I think they said he hit him 4 times in the last 5 games.

It's the naional league and Pedro has to pick up a bat himself at some point right? I don't get this. I'ts not Clements/Piazza.

Well, the American League pitchers are a big bunch of wimps, IMO.

But, Pedro is an idiot. He was throwing inside the whole night, he probably should have hit about 7 people. Joe Morgan questioned why he would be pitching inside when his stuff was wild. Then when he hit Guillen for the 2nd time, he said Pedro was asking for this by pitching inside to a guy he has hit 4 times in the last 5 games.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR