Pearl Jam will be on SNL April 15th

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pearl Jam will be on SNL April 15th

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:39 pm

Unfortunately, Lindsay Lohan is the host yet again...

http://torontosun.com/Entertainment/Oth ... 6-sun.html
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pearl Jam will be on SNL April 15th

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:49 pm

Admin wrote:Unfortunately, Lindsay Lohan is the host yet again...

More importantly, they will be appearing as guests on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' tour this summer at select dates. Here's hoping Pittsburgh is one of them.

Oh, and by the way, for the locals... PJ rocks Mellon Arena June 23rd.

To quote Eddie Vedder from the last show: "Who new playing inside a mellon would be so fun". Dunno if that was a backhanded remark at the building, or a lame joke, or both.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:To quote Eddie Vedder from the last show: "Who new playing inside a mellon would be so fun". Dunno if that was a backhanded remark at the building, or a lame joke, or both.

Or maybe he genuinely thought he was inside a melon. :shock:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:30 pm

Well then, maybe I'll tune in! Bound to be some sort of cleavage humor!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:37 pm

You guys don't know?

they're opening their tour in the 'Burgh!

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/04/pea ... -tour.html

ed: just re-read this thread - nevermind
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby FallenHero96 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:14 pm

I got to see PJ when they played at starlake in 2000, awesome show! They will be coming here to MN in june and i'll be going to that. Eddie needs to tone it down with his political b.s. during shows though, and just play music. Quite a few people have soured on them because of it.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:46 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:I got to see PJ when they played at starlake in 2000, awesome show! They will be coming here to MN in june and i'll be going to that. Eddie needs to tone it down with his political b.s. during shows though, and just play music. Quite a few people have soured on them because of it.

I hear you on the politics. But I still love the music.

Oh, and you're lucky enough to get to see one of the shows with Tom Petty and HBers. *In best Napoleon Dynomite voice*: Lucky!
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:02 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:

More importantly, they will be appearing as guests on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' tour this summer at select dates. Here's hoping Pittsburgh is one of them.

Oh, and by the way, for the locals... PJ rocks Mellon Arena June 23rd.

To quote Eddie Vedder from the last show: "Who new playing inside a mellon would be so fun". Dunno if that was a backhanded remark at the building, or a lame joke, or both.

Awesome! I love PJ and I will see NIN again in that same week! What a way to kick off the summer!
NIN

Postby plasticbratt on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:38 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:I got to see PJ when they played at starlake in 2000, awesome show! They will be coming here to MN in june and i'll be going to that. Eddie needs to tone it down with his political b.s. during shows though, and just play music. Quite a few people have soured on them because of it.

Meh. If you had the attention of thousands of people and the most important thing you had to say to them was something like "Woo! Party all night!" a la Kiss, then that's just as bad. The world view, politics, etc. is all a part of the ethos of the band. Don't like it, then suck it up or just don't go.
plasticbratt
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:22 pm

I am going to see Pearl Jam in Albany and just got my tix in the mail. My Morning Jacket is opening for them.

I've been waiting to see MMJ for quite a while, as they're cds have pretty much been in heavy rotation in my car for the last three months.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MrKnowNothing on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:30 pm

Wow, that should be a great show.

Pearl Jam with Petty would really kick some butt. Petty alone is worth the price of admission. I was already planning on seeing Petty this summer, Pearl Jam would be icing on the cake.
MrKnowNothing

Postby FallenHero96 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:35 pm

plasticbratt wrote:

Meh. If you had the attention of thousands of people and the most important thing you had to say to them was something like "Woo! Party all night!" a la Kiss, then that's just as bad. The world view, politics, etc. is all a part of the ethos of the band. Don't like it, then suck it up or just don't go.

People come to hear their music, not political rants. If you are lucky enough to have thousands of people come to see you, you don't embarrass yourself by making idiotic political statements. Witness the Dixie Chicks. How much money and respect did their little anti-bush rant cost them? You think they will do that again?

Yes I know free speech and all of that. And I could just not go, as you said. But there is a right time and place to do those things, and during a concert where people want to have fun is not the time. You have to realize not everyone will agree with you, and if alienating your fans who paid to hear your music is a good idea then I don't know what to say. If he wants to talk politics, go to a proper forum for it. Just like the actors making political comments when they are at an awards ceremony... just accept your award, be humble and go sit back down.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jdev28 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:15 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:
plasticbratt wrote:

People come to hear their music, not political rants. If you are lucky enough to have thousands of people come to see you, you don't embarrass yourself by making idiotic political statements. Witness the Dixie Chicks. How much money and respect did their little anti-bush rant cost them? You think they will do that again?

Yes I know free speech and all of that. And I could just not go, as you said. But there is a right time and place to do those things, and during a concert where people want to have fun is not the time. You have to realize not everyone will agree with you, and if alienating your fans who paid to hear your music is a good idea then I don't know what to say. If he wants to talk politics, go to a proper forum for it. Just like the actors making political comments when they are at an awards ceremony... just accept your award, be humble and go sit back down.

I agree 100%. Whether or not I agree with their political views or not, if I'm at a concert I don't want to hear about it. The concert is bringing people of all beliefs together for a short time to enjoy some live entertainment, why polarize the crowd? They're the one's on stage with the microphone, so I guess they can do what they want. I just find it ridiculous.
jdev28
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:19 pm

plasticbratt wrote:

That's BS.

People come to hear music not Eddie go off on some political rant. I would of left too if I would have been at a concert where he did that. I don't like PJ so it makes no difference to me.

It would be just as assinine if any other band did it.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR