Perez stinking it up again

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Perez stinking it up again

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:36 pm

3 IP, 5 H, 3 BB.

How long do we have to endure this guy in the rotation? He needs to "figure it out," and the only place to do that is Indianapolis. Send him there and bring back Burnett, who already knows how to pitch. It must be painful to watch Perez in person, since he can never find the plate.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:12 pm

And now he gives up a grand slam after the Bucs had come back to tie it. Somebody go grab this scrub and drag him out of PNC Park and put him on the bus to Indianapolis.

And on a related note...

My apologies to Spin Williams. I was way to premature in saying they couldn't find a worse pitching coach. This makes ten games with no quality starts. Way to go there, genius Colborn. What is the fastest firing of a pitching coach in history?
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MrKnowNothing on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:41 pm

I highly doubt Perez has options left. You can't just send guys down freely, as I'm sure you know. Somebody would take him.
MrKnowNothing

Postby Ron` on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:44 pm

Haven't they thrown the mercy flag yet on that game?
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby conforto45 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:50 pm

his first game he pitched he had 9 strikeouts!! why/how are you guys going to throw him under the bus like this already?

I listened to a part of the game today, some good and some bad.

but if youre going to jump on anyone, jump on Duke and Maholm. They arent finding the plate either.

I went to the Opener on monday. Do you know how many 1st pitch strikes that Duke threw? 2. that is 2 first pitch strikes in 5 innings.

It is so sad that even on the 1st pitch, when the batter( 9 times out of 10) lets the first pitch go, he cant even throw it across the plate.

Im upset about Ollies appearance today too. but to say he needs to go to Indy already is crazy..
-------------------------------

If Dontrell Willis came out and blew his 2nd start, would you say he needs to go down to the Minors?

Im not trying to compare the 2 here, but its just a name of a good pitcher who came to my head.

come on now
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pfim on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:59 pm

conforto45 wrote:his first game he pitched he had 9 strikeouts!! why/how are you guys going to throw him under the bus like this already?

I listened to a part of the game today, some good and some bad.

but if youre going to jump on anyone, jump on Duke and Maholm. They arent finding the plate either.

I went to the Opener on monday. Do you know how many 1st pitch strikes that Duke threw? 2. that is 2 first pitch strikes in 5 innings.

It is so sad that even on the 1st pitch, when the batter( 9 times out of 10) lets the first pitch go, he cant even throw it across the plate.

Im upset about Ollies appearance today too. but to say he needs to go to Indy already is crazy..
-------------------------------

If Dontrell Willis came out and blew his 2nd start, would you say he needs to go down to the Minors?

Im not trying to compare the 2 here, but its just a name of a good pitcher who came to my head.

come on now

This was his third start. He's walked 12 in 13 innings
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:08 pm

The finger pointing at Perez is because he happened to be the pitcher today. In general, the whole staff has stunk. Too many walks, too many poor decisions.

As for Perez, when you are still riding your performance from 2 seasons ago and have walked a batter per inning in a season where you should be a leader for young guns like Duke etc., it's now time to bow out and go to the minors to get things fixed.

The team in general has shown very little in the way of baseball smarts, and even less in the skill department.

So what if we can hit homeruns, the people that are supporting the team should expect to win once every decade or decade and a half.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:57 pm

Hey MCM, where were you last night when they were winning?

I have no problem with you're pessimism with the team, but if you're going to make a thread about every loss - atleast contribute in the few that they win. All this does is make you look like a grumpy, angry old man who would rather complain than anything.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:43 am

Kicksave wrote:Hey MCM, where were you last night when they were winning?

I have no problem with you're pessimism with the team, but if you're going to make a thread about every loss - atleast contribute in the few that they win. All this does is make you look like a grumpy, angry old man who would rather complain than anything.

I was busy having a life and was paying no attention. Didn't even know they had won until the next morning. I just happened to be following the loss in real time, so I commented on it. I can't help it that they suck during the day when I can follow it a little and win at night when I don't pay attention.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to NHR