OFFICIAL 2006 NFL DRAFT THREAD - WHO DEM STILLERS GONNA PICK

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

OFFICIAL 2006 NFL DRAFT THREAD - WHO DEM STILLERS GONNA PICK

Postby Kicksave on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:43 am

I love draft day. Is it bad that I requested today off from work so I can plop down...all day...and watch the draft?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:59 am

Maybe Reggie Bush will keep falling to #32. :) (And before anyone misses the sarcasm and trolls me, yes, I know that won't happen.)
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 32,871
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:06 pm

forget white at 32, la paper reporting he tested positive for banned drug in feb
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Re: OFFICIAL 2006 NFL DRAFT THREAD - WHO DEM STILLERS GONNA

Postby penny lane on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:06 pm

Kicksave wrote:I love draft day. Is it bad that I requested today off from work so I can plop down...all day...and watch the draft?


**at work & heard that L White from USC tested positive for
a banned substance** "nfl is not worried" quote from white.
from an LA paper. Rumors & lies perchance.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,670
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Ball of Confusion

Postby DelPen on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:10 pm

Bowser wrote:forget white at 32, la paper reporting he tested positive for banned drug in feb


Well I guess we should pass hium up because using one source that is the only one reporting it is a great idea. Have a link to the paper or even a name of the paper?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Kicksave on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:13 pm

DelPen wrote:
Bowser wrote:forget white at 32, la paper reporting he tested positive for banned drug in feb


Well I guess we should pass hium up because using one source that is the only one reporting it is a great idea. Have a link to the paper or even a name of the paper?


NFL | L. White had positive test?
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:23:38 -0700
Scott Wolf, of the Press Telegram, reports USC RB LenDale White reportedly tested positive for an undisclosed drug, according to multiple sources, which could affect his stock the NFL draft. White spoke briefly to a reporter Friday, April 28, but sounded unconcerned about the situation. "(The NFL) ain't worried about it," he said. "The issue's been addressed." Several sources said the test took place at the NFL Combine in late February. "If it's out, it's got to be a Combine test," said a source with knowledge of NFL drug testing. "Some teams also give their own tests but those are at individual workouts and no one releases those."

Thats KFFL.


http://www.presstelegram.com/sports/ci_3764989

Another paper.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:17 pm

Delpen - you satisfied... and care to take that sarcasm to the curb?
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby DelPen on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:18 pm

Bowser wrote:Delpen - you satisfied... and care to take that sarcasm to the curb?


Maybe not to the curb, would taking it to the sinking pylons of PNC Park be good enough for you?

I find all of this amusing. Someone is planting a poison pill to make him slide. If this was found at the combine the NFL would have said something if this would have been a problem. Mu guess is he took a pain killer that was banned to fight through his injury.

The only thing this changes in my opinion is that we shouldn't move up to get him but if he's there at #32 you have to take him.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:22 pm

Delpen - the truth will come out about PNC Park having steel problems just like it took forever with Heinz Field.

New Orleans would be STUPID to draft Bush with Deuce, I think they should move down to four with NY Jets for #4 and 2nd round pick.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby DelPen on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:28 pm

Bowser wrote:Delpen - the truth will come out about PNC Park having steel problems just like it took forever with Heinz Field.

New Orleans would be STUPID to draft Bush with Deuce, I think they should move down to four with NY Jets for #4 and 2nd round pick.


Just messing with you. :D

I think the Jets need a QB more than Bush. Now the Saints could Move McAllistar for a draft pick.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:31 pm

Delpen - I'm just cranky... lack of sleep.

When does Indy move their #1 pick to New Orleans for Deuce
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby DelPen on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:35 pm

Bowser wrote:Delpen - I'm just cranky... lack of sleep.

When does Indy move their #1 pick to New Orleans for Deuce


I don't think Deuce is worth that much right now. I think the #2 pick was worth more than Deuce is by himself. I coulod possibly see Deuce and NO's 3rd for the Colts 1st but a 1st rounder a lone is too much.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:41 pm

I think Deuce would perfect fit for Indy but I don't know the cap hit info.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby DelPen on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:44 pm

If the Jets don't take Leinhart here he should fall to #7 and Oakland which is a great fit. GB and SF took QB's last year so they won't take one now.

If I'm the Jets I take Ferguson because if Pennington, who I like, gets hurt again they will suck again, and you can pick a QB next year and have a more experienced Ferguson to protect him.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Kicksave on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:49 pm

DelPen wrote:If the Jets don't take Leinhart here he should fall to #7 and Oakland which is a great fit. GB and SF took QB's last year so they won't take one now.

If I'm the Jets I take Ferguson because if Pennington, who I like, gets hurt again they will suck again, and you can pick a QB next year and have a more experienced Ferguson to protect him.


Oakland wont take Leinart. Al Davis won't take a left-handed, USC QB.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:51 pm

I think Leinhart falls to Arizona or Minnesota jumps up to draft him.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby DelPen on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:53 pm

Kicksave wrote:
DelPen wrote:If the Jets don't take Leinhart here he should fall to #7 and Oakland which is a great fit. GB and SF took QB's last year so they won't take one now.

If I'm the Jets I take Ferguson because if Pennington, who I like, gets hurt again they will suck again, and you can pick a QB next year and have a more experienced Ferguson to protect him.


Oakland wont take Leinart. Al Davis won't take a left-handed, USC QB.


I would not be surprised to see Detroit or Arizona move up ahead of Oakland with GB or SF to grab Leinart before he falls to #7.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:01 pm

perfect pick for Green Bay.

I think 49ers go with Vernon Davis
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby DelPen on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:04 pm

Bowser wrote:perfect pick for Green Bay.

I think 49ers go with Vernon Davis


GB's FB called the pick too saying they lost a lot at LB in starting and depth and said he would pick Hawk.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:11 pm

If Raiders skip on Matt Leinhart, I think they'll take Michael Huff.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby DelPen on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:14 pm

Bowser wrote:If Raiders skip on Matt Leinhart, I think they'll take Michael Huff.


I could see them trade down hoping Cutler is there but the Lions could nab him.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 31,956
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:18 pm

Buffalo could use d-line, WR, and o-line.

I think they'll draft Brodrick Bunkley, DT but wouldn't shock me if they take Santonio Holmes.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby Kicksave on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:22 pm

Bowser wrote:Buffalo could use d-line, WR, and o-line.

I think they'll draft Brodrick Bunkley, DT but wouldn't shock me if they take Santonio Holmes.


No way they take Holmes this early. It'll either be Leinart, Bunkley, or Ngata.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby Bowser on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:23 pm

If Bills make the deal with Eagles or Broncos, I think they are positioning themselves to get Holmes. that's my guess why they would move down and away from Bunkley and Ngata.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,960
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby Kicksave on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:24 pm

Bowser wrote:If Bills make the deal with Eagles or Broncos, I think they are positioning themselves to get Holmes. that's my guess why they would move down and away from Bunkley and Ngata.


I agree with that. If they trade down to mid-late teens then Holmes is a possible pick but no way does Holmes go top 10.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Next

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

e-mail