was Perez on strike?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

was Perez on strike?

Postby Bowser on Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:26 pm

another terrible performance by Oliver Perez.

Maybe he can go march with all his brothers and sisters because he's about to become a farm picker.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Draftnik on Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:55 pm

Why do you follow their substandard product? If you went to a restaurant and they served crap food for 13 years would you keep going back?

Jason Stark is the first mainstream MLB journalist to say what should be obvious to anybody with a modicum of understanding of MLB's CBA. There is an institutional disincentive for the Pirates, Devil Rays, Royals, and Marlins to put a competitive team on the field. Unfortunately ESPN is complicit in their desire to shield their partner MLB, so they buried it in Insider content:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/insider/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2424797

If you are an ESPN Insider it explains what was obvious from the Zimbalist book. The 2002 MLB CBA benefited every constituency but fans of small market teams. Revenue sharing was a bribe for McClatchy and his ilk to shut their mouths, screw their fans, and line their pockets with $$$. At least the Marlins make an effort to win every 5 years.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bowser on Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:50 pm

Draftnik - I watched two innings of baseball today... that's it. I have only watched one full Pirates game and that was Snell's performance on Friday.

I won't go to a game until later this summer, I want my son to learn the smell of the game while he's young. Hopefully in 18 years, MLB will get its act straight.

ESPN is a joke.

Stark said nothing that hasn't been reported in Pittsburgh, KC, and Tampa Bay.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jesse on Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:28 pm

Bowser wrote:Draftnik - I watched two innings of baseball today... that's it. I have only watched one full Pirates game and that was Snell's performance on Friday.

I won't go to a game until later this summer, I want my son to learn the smell of the game while he's young. Hopefully in 18 years, MLB will get its act straight.

ESPN is a joke.

Stark said nothing that hasn't been reported in Pittsburgh, KC, and Tampa Bay.

I'll go to a game when they have dollar hot dog night.

PNC park has good hot dogs.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MrKnowNothing on Mon May 01, 2006 12:30 am

I could also go for some dollar hot dogs. I wonder when the first game is? It isn't on the promotion list on the Pirates site.

Someone keep me updated.
MrKnowNothing

Return to NHR