George R.R. Martin

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: George R.R. Martin

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 am

Cersei is pretty awful. And Jamie did push a kid out a window.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:02 am

shmenguin wrote:Cersei is pretty awful. And Jamie did push a kid out a window.

Jamie's transition to a sympathetic/likable character towards the more recent books is pretty funny. You almost forget he crippled Bran.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:27 am

shafnutz05 wrote:

Jamie's transition to a sympathetic/likable character towards the more recent books is pretty funny. You almost forget he crippled Bran.

the more you learn about this horrible world, the less abhorrent him pushing bran is. that kind of behavior isn't too far from the norm.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:50 am

shmenguin wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

the more you learn about this horrible world, the less abhorrent him pushing bran is. that kind of behavior isn't too far from the norm.

The kid shouldn't have been standing there
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 am

DelPen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

The kid shouldn't have been standing there

Thats almost exactly what I thought when it happened in the show. Should have been easy to get out of reach pretty quickly once they saw that you saw.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:18 am

it's another example of the starks f'ing up. bran was told not to climb. and then he climbs. then he starts spying on people's conversations. good move, dude.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:21 am

shmenguin wrote:it's another example of the starks f'ing up. bran was told not to climb. and then he climbs. then he starts spying on people's conversations. good move, dude.

yea kids always listen to their parents
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:29 am

Whats the point in having use of your legs if you can't climb?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:04 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:

This is definitely true. Cersei is the definition of a particular 4 letter word. Not really any redeemable qualities.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:12 pm

the wicked child wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

This is definitely true. Cersei is the definition of a particular 4 letter word. Not really any redeemable qualities.

I love the way the Brits actually say that word. Especially the actor who plays Bronn. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Spangler on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:22 pm

I don't know why I continue to read the Westeros message boards. Every time I do, I get fed up over the ridiculous complaints about the show.

"I didn't like Sean Bean as Ned Stark because he seemed nervous unlike the book."

**** you.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Spangler wrote:I don't know why I continue to read the Westeros message boards. Every time I do, I get fed up over the ridiculous complaints about the show.

"I didn't like Sean Bean as Ned Stark because he seemed nervous unlike the book."

**** you.

Lol.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Haha. Lady Olena is awesome.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 am

Even not having read the books, you can tell stuff is about to go down...10 minutes a piece per story line, things should happen episode after next hopefully.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 am

Things are moving along quite quickly this season

Storm of Swords spoiler

Spoiler:
It looks like the red wedding will be sooner than I thought. Perhaps mid season. Jamie is going to lose his hand very soon. Joffery will die before seasons end. I can't remember from the book but is Joffrey's new crossbow the same on Tyrion uses to kill Tywin....which leads to the best quote from the books: "In the end, Tywin did not, in fact, **** gold."
Last edited by PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Even not having read the books, you can tell stuff is about to go down...10 minutes a piece per story line, things should happen episode after next hopefully.

As I stated above things are moving very fast. I think a lot is going to happen by mid season. One thing that can hold that off is that Daenerys wasn't in this episode so they will be heavy on her next week thereby taking time away from other characters. We may even get a full episode with Jon tossed in there. These things can slow it down if they wanted to.

Last night was a great cliffhanger and I expect to not see Jamie/Brienne next week.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:28 am

PensFanInDC wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Even not having read the books, you can tell stuff is about to go down...10 minutes a piece per story line, things should happen episode after next hopefully.

As I stated above things are moving very fast. I think a lot is going to happen by mid season. One thing that can hold that off is that Daenerys wasn't in this episode so they will be heavy on her next week thereby taking time away from other characters. We may even get a full episode with Jon tossed in there. These things can slow it down if they wanted to.

Last night was a great cliffhanger and I expect to not see Jamie/Brienne next week.

Yeah when it ended like that, I just got angry because I figured that would be like the second story they touched on 2 weeks from now, even though everyone will be hoping they kick off next week with it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:10 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Things are moving along quite quickly this season

Storm of Swords spoiler

Spoiler:
It looks like the red wedding will be sooner than I thought. Perhaps mid season. Jamie is going to lose his hand very soon. Joffery will die before seasons end. I can't remember from the book but is Joffrey's new crossbow the same on Tyrion uses to kill Tywin....which leads to the best quote from the books: "In the end, Tywin did not, in fact, **** gold."

Speculation based on the episode titles...
Spoiler:
Being that the title of Episode 9 is The Rains of Castemere, I am expecting that to contain Joffrey's wedding. And Now His Watch is Ended has to be the debacle at Craster's. Kissed By Fire is most likely when Jon is going to hook up with Yggrite.

I see that Martin wrote episode 7... I wonder if that will contain the Red Wedding or perhaps the previous episode which was written by Benioff & Weiss since that was really the scene they were looking forward to doing all along.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:12 am

the wicked child wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Things are moving along quite quickly this season

Storm of Swords spoiler

Spoiler:

Speculation based on the episode titles...
Spoiler:
Being that the title of Episode 9 is The Rains of Castemere, I am expecting that to contain Joffrey's wedding. And Now His Watch is Ended has to be the debacle at Craster's. Kissed By Fire is most likely when Jon is going to hook up with Yggrite.

I see that Martin wrote episode 7... I wonder if that will contain the Red Wedding or perhaps the previous episode which was written by Benioff & Weiss since that was really the scene they were looking forward to doing all along.

I am looking forward to seeing reactions from this season so much. The amount of panic/disbelief/shock/awe is going to be awesome.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 am

I don't really know why people would be shocked by anything at this point, it was established early that anything can happen.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:22 am

PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:22 am

Also, damn them for having Thoros sing The Rains of Castamere... Gets stuck in my head all the time.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Image

Sansa is waaay prettier in that pic than she is in the show haha.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spangler on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:01 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:

I thought I saw Jamie and Brienne in the previews for next week's episode.

I'm really hoping they have 1 or 2 episodes primarily focusing on 1 story arch. I think Blackwater was one of the best episodes because it was focused on 1 event. It lead to better story progression.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:05 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Image

:shock:
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR