Shutup Martha - Just Shutup!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Shutup Martha - Just Shutup!

Postby Bowser on Mon May 08, 2006 3:46 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=2437506

"I thought it would be an opportunity for the club to move forward, and it does not sound like that's the case,'' Burk said. "He's had several years to speak out as a member and clearly did not have the courage to do so. As the chair, I thought his backbone might be a little stiffer.''
---

Clearly, Martha Burk can't shut the f up. Does she not realize that no one has the right to join a private club? Feminists such as Burke are CLEARLY unable to accept their damn role in situations like this. It is as bad as inner city single mothers having 5 children and getting pregnant with a 6th and asking for more handouts.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Shutup Martha - Just Shutup!

Postby Daniel on Mon May 08, 2006 4:09 pm

Bowser wrote:Clearly, Martha Burk can't shut the f up. Does she not realize that no one has the right to join a private club? Feminists such as Burke are CLEARLY unable to accept their damn role in situations like this. It is as bad as inner city single mothers having 5 children and getting pregnant with a 6th and asking for more handouts.

You are missing a great opportunity here Eric. Find an all female private club and demand to join it. Heck, you can even offer to not force them into giving you a male shower. 8)
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bowser on Mon May 08, 2006 4:17 pm

Daniel - I wouldn't stoop to such levels to join a private club.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Daniel on Mon May 08, 2006 4:46 pm

Bowser wrote:Daniel - I wouldn't stoop to such levels to join a private club.

I would. Especially if it were the SI swimsuit models private club. :shock:

Plus, why not just do it to be a jerk and cause problems?
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Tue May 09, 2006 6:52 am

I have never had an issue with private club type things.

There is no difference between those and a high school kid trying to get financial aid for college but not being able to because he does not fit certain criteria set by the funding source. Not the right color, sex, creed, financial background, his parents aren't the right such-n-such, lives in the wrong area, etc etc etc.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ron` on Tue May 09, 2006 7:39 pm

Jim wrote:I have never had an issue with private club type things.

There is no difference between those and a high school kid trying to get financial aid for college but not being able to because he does not fit certain criteria set by the funding source. Not the right color, sex, creed, financial background, his parents aren't the right such-n-such, lives in the wrong area, etc etc etc.

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but I agree with the private club thing for whatever your association is formed around. Let's take the Veterans of Foreign Wars for example. If a bunch of war veterans want to get together now and then, and have an association or club they should be allowed. Applying this collective force to serve a greater purpose, to inform and protect veterans rights through polictical action is a good purpose. Of course they do not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race etc, just be a veteran of service in a foreign conflict.

The counter side of that is that you let anyone in regardless of prior service to their country. It's self defeating, you wanted to form this association because you could appreciate what the people you want to socialize with have experienced. You may still not agree with their opinons, beliefs or ethnic background, but you have a common ground. You recognize that the other man may have served despite his disagreement with the mission/operation. But he served, and did his best.

This is where the argument for anyone should be able to join anything falls apart with me. That all humans should have equal oppurtunity to join any association. It's an association, based on common ground. The bylaws lay out what that common ground is. I'm sure there are people here who are members of associations only based on their ethnic upbringing, or leisure pursuits.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby spoon on Thu May 11, 2006 12:21 pm

Bowser wrote:I wouldn't stoop to such levels to join a private club.

We're revoking your membership to the lgp pressbox :lol:
spoon
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to NHR