I hab a sinus problem..(achoo!!)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

I hab a sinus problem..(achoo!!)

Postby Judy on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:02 pm

All, right I know this is going around. Who else has it and what are you doing to get rid of it? This stuffed up nose is driving me mad!! :evil:

And no, I don't want to try the Netti pot either. I just want to get rid of this hung-over feeling I have. :evil:
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jimjom on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 pm

I have had the same thing for over two weeks. In my case I think it's a combination of a sinus infection and really bad seasonal allergies. I should probably go to the doctor.

The hungover feeling may be the void now that the boys of winter are done playing for a few months!
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby npv708 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:07 pm

i had surgery last year for chronic sinusitis and a deviated septum and i still get stuffed up all the time... will this ever stop...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:16 pm

npv708 wrote:i had surgery last year for chronic sinusitis and a deviated septum and i still get stuffed up all the time... will this ever stop...

For me, it took two surgeries (in 1991 and 1995), but since the 2nd surgery, it's been fine. I still get the occasional bronchitis, and it didn't solve my allergies, but I have not had a bad sinus headache since then. (knock on wood)

Judy, I do pray for your sake it's a temporary infection and not something chronic.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IrishEyes on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:08 pm

I had the sinus issue and horrible chest congestion. I took Tylenol severe head congestion and it cleared up the sinus problem... but not the coughing. So I found Alkaseltzer Plus Mucus and Cough... WONDERFUL stuff. I mean, you don't feel like you're on medication when you take it, and it helps SOOOO much.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby EagleMorph on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:41 pm

Judy, a lot of people who have really bad seasonal allergies are suffering right now. I'm absolutely miserable.

Pick up some Mucinex D or high powered Sudafed. Those should help some.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Judy on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 pm

I actually have tried the Mucinex and while it works wonders it can't stop the last bit of hacking I have. I know my sinuses are really screwed up though because years back I used to sing in a choir. I can't sing anymore without getting out of breath very easily. And during the playoffs? It may sound odd, but during the playoffs and finals when I was at a game and I would scream and cheer, I would eventually have to stop because it made me feel tipsy.

Does that make sense?
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Judy on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:59 pm

IrishEyes wrote:I had the sinus issue and horrible chest congestion. I took Tylenol severe head congestion and it cleared up the sinus problem... but not the coughing. So I found Alkaseltzer Plus Mucus and Cough... WONDERFUL stuff. I mean, you don't feel like you're on medication when you take it, and it helps SOOOO much.

Is this something you drink? And it doesn't taste like meds? Somehow, I find that hard to believe. :?
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby EagleMorph on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Judy wrote:I actually have tried the Mucinex and while it works wonders it can't stop the last bit of hacking I have. I know my sinuses are really screwed up though because years back I used to sing in a choir. I can't sing anymore without getting out of breath very easily. And during the playoffs? It may sound odd, but during the playoffs and finals when I was at a game and I would scream and cheer, I would eventually have to stop because it made me feel tipsy.

Does that make sense?

It does. Sinus imbalance can make you feel dizzy, tipsy, etc.

The other recommendation is a spray called Zicam. It's over the counter, you spray your throat with it, and it calms your cough/nasal dripping/etc.

It's especially valuable if you need to sleep. I use it mostly then, but you can use it, wait five minutes, drink some water to wash even more of it down your throat, and then go about your day.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:53 pm

It's awful... runny nose, voice that cracks... I'm almost at the
end of the sinus cycle. Two weeks ago... the draining; just can't
swallow. Same pattern every change of the season.

Smelling cut grass~ lawn grass makes me sick to my stomach.

Somebody once told me Pittsburgh is suppose to have the
highest population with sinus/breathing conditions... ?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Maagwa on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Two words

Neti Pot
Maagwa

Postby crayz on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:35 pm

gargle warm water with a little cayenne pepper in it. It may burn, but it will clear ya out.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Maagwa wrote:Two words

Neti Pot

*warning before you google search and watch demo*
:shock:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Maagwa on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:01 pm

penny lane wrote:

Neti Pot

Hehehehe :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg
Maagwa

Re: I hab a sinus problem..(achoo!!)

Postby Judy on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Judy wrote:
And no, I don't want to try the Netti pot either.

Now didn't you read the original post dude? Pay attention!! :wink:
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:35 am

Maagwa wrote:
penny lane wrote:

Neti Pot

thats hot
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Judy on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:58 am

conforto45 wrote:
Maagwa wrote:
penny lane wrote:

Neti Pot

thats hot

Yeah, real sexy. :roll: There's really no dignified way of using that product while being filmed is there? :lol: I have to laugh at some of the videos of that in which the people that smile right after pouring that stuff through their nostrils. :lol:
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby cma3585 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:44 am

npv708 wrote:i had surgery last year for chronic sinusitis and a deviated septum and i still get stuffed up all the time... will this ever stop...

I had that done about 4 years back and honestly it was the greatest thing I'd ever had done in my life. I rarely ever get headaches anymore, let alone sinus pressure. This immediately after I was averaging about 8 sinus infections a year.
cma3585
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to NHR