Kendall: MLB Is A "Badmitton League"

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Kendall: MLB Is A "Badmitton League"

Postby Goalie on Tue May 09, 2006 9:58 pm

After his recent four game suspension for rushing the mound and attacking John Lackey Kendall had this to say, "Major League Baseball has turned into a badminton league. They told me I didn't have any shot of getting my suspension knocked out".

My first thought is Jason better be happy that the league is not a badmitton league because he would never be able to get the ball, birdie, or whatever you want to call it over the net.

Second is that while Jason is partially correct with his other comments that Lackey was not innocent in all this, Kendall is the one who turned the war of words into a fist fight. Kendall is also the one who wears elbow armor and leans over home plate in order to get hit on the elbow to get on base. I believe Lackey told him that if "he stuck the elbow out there again he would hit it".

This is also Kendall's fourth incident but he feels baseball should cut him some slack because he has always been sticking up for himself or his teammates. Give me a break, sit for your four games and be happy it was not more.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2439321
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bowser on Tue May 09, 2006 10:09 pm

Kendall is the classic example of a spoiled child not getting his way. I wish nothing but the worst for his career on the baseball diamond.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Stoosh on Tue May 09, 2006 11:10 pm

Littlefield deserves a lot of criticism for some of the personnel decisions he made. But the fact that he was able to pawn off a singles hitter with $34 million left to pay over three years and still get warm bodies in return is nothing short of a miracle (granted the Pirates agreed to pay some of that, but still...).
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

It's called a shuttlecock

Postby rasbatch on Wed May 10, 2006 9:17 am

that's right shuttlecock, what no badmitton fans on this board.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed May 10, 2006 11:18 am

"It's called a shuttlecock"
Something about that phrase just doesn't sit right with me. :wink:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pfim on Wed May 10, 2006 11:26 am

He hasn't hit a HR since July 2004, maybe he should try badmitton.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR