Steelers Related question

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Steelers Related question

Postby freq019 on Tue May 16, 2006 3:57 pm

Ok I was at the mall for lunch today, remember I'm in DC, anyway some guy walked in with a Stillers Jersey on number 10 and I thought, nice a Kordell throwback, but he had Holmes on the back, so my question is can a wide receiver wear 10? And the followup is how much extra cash do you have to have lying around that you buy a Holmes jersey right out of minicamp?
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue May 16, 2006 4:15 pm

Yea, his number will be 10. And Steeler jerseys run for about $60 I think so it's not like he is breaking the bank. He probably charged it anyways.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue May 16, 2006 4:17 pm

I just realized I can maybe get some use out of my Kordell Stewart jersey now. Just tape Holmes over Stewart! Yea, that's the ticket!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby freq019 on Tue May 16, 2006 4:22 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I just realized I can maybe get some use out of my Kordell Stewart jersey now. Just tape Holmes over Stewart! Yea, that's the ticket!

yeah I was wondering if this guy had an earl holmes jersey and a kordell jersey and just combined the two, I mean they were giving those things away at marshalls a few years ago.
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Steelers Related question

Postby Daniel on Tue May 16, 2006 4:46 pm

freq019 wrote:Ok I was at the mall for lunch today, remember I'm in DC, anyway some guy walked in with a Stillers Jersey on number 10 and I thought, nice a Kordell throwback, but he had Holmes on the back, so my question is can a wide receiver wear 10? And the followup is how much extra cash do you have to have lying around that you buy a Holmes jersey right out of minicamp?

The NFL is looking to change the numbers rules and allow skilled players to wear 1-49 (as well as the 80s) as their jersey numbers. Hasn't been finalized yet, but it probably will.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ron` on Tue May 16, 2006 9:05 pm

Good with the rule change Tommy Maddox will be able to wear 99 if he finds a team.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby HockeyDaddy on Tue May 16, 2006 9:13 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I just realized I can maybe get some use out of my Kordell Stewart jersey now. Just tape Holmes over Stewart! Yea, that's the ticket!

You could do the same thing with your old Milan Kraft jersey...just put End...wait...you don't want to do that.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel on Tue May 16, 2006 10:23 pm

Ron` wrote:Good with the rule change Tommy Maddox will be able to wear 99 if he finds a team.

Tommy Maddox ought to just be given the jersey of whatever team they are playing that weak, since he will likely throw more TDs to them than to his own team.

One thing I should say about Turnover Tommy. He got out of the NFL exactly what he wanted...............money. He left college to avoid a salary cap on his salary, so he could get more money without putting in college dues. Then, he did nothing in his NFL career except earn a paycheck.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Wed May 17, 2006 12:25 pm

yea... Fitzgerald wears #11.. and they are talking about if they should let Bush wear #5
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to NHR